Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

My parents are running an old pc from a hdd, and a new ssd would definitely breathe some new life into it.

I am, right now, in the process of building myself a NAS box. Using an (not too terrible) older rack mount server that I acquired for an incredibly kow price and this would leave me to purchase just one more drive. Faster, more stable and reliable and for a lot of things just a really good choice. Good solid industrial grade NAS for well under 500 dollars would be beautiful.

Everyone should have an ssd because they can have very fast speeds for their os. I am building a pc and could benefit from the ssd. 

Hey together,

The reason why I think that I should win one is because I just bought all the parts for a new computer (Specs below) and I can´t go over my budget at all but the only thing I forgot to buy is a SSD..... :o  So either I win here which would be awesome btw or I have to wait another half a year to a year until im out of the minus which my new PC caused to be able to buy a SSD.

Specs:

MB: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1

CPU: i7 4790k

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 sc

RAM: 16 gb corsair vengance

Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

Storage: WD 1tb blue

and some noctua fans

It would be nice to upgrade my laptop's hdd to help with rendering.. 

Everyone should get a SSD because is faster than traditional HDD.

arma 3. damn their engine has a lot of legacy. ssd would help it

Why I think I need a SSD is because of my slow boot times of over 2 minutes. Some games are also lacking from my low disk speed (6 gygs RAM also helping here). I think everyone should have a SSD because it reduces stress by short-tempered people that have to wait a massive ammount of time before they can use windows when they boot it from their potatoes.

I'd like to get one of these because i'm buying a new editing computer and an ssd would speed everything up and really help me. I have no job and i hope to make some money out of editing. 

Best wishes

I'll take an ssd please. My reason for wanting one is that your giving one away for free :)

Thanks

Regards
Woodmass14

I don't have SSD :( and it's the best upgrade to speed up my PC and decrease boot time :D 

This is a great giveaway. I can totally see these SSDs working in a production environment shooting 4K and RAW and then quickly transfer the data over to a DIT or something. I'd love to win one of these!

Currently I have no SSD at all in my PC. So why should I win this? I don´t know how it feels with a SSD in my computer so it is unnessesary to try it with it, right? Nope. I really wanna have a SSD in my PC!!! I mean, it would be nice if I get one of them, but it´s okay if others, how need them more, win them... ;)

I dont have a SSD on my laptop, but if I had. Omg It would be awesome.

I'd love to win one of these SSDs because sadly I dont own one yet and don't have the resources to get one so getting one this way would be really amazing. There's several reason why everyone should have an SSD in their computers because it makes everything faster, less fan noise, better system cooling, seamless multitasking, better gaming and increased durability and reliability.

Everyone should have a ssd in their system because it changes lives! Shorter boot times = less stress and bragging rights.

I would love an SSD purely because when building my new PC I spent all my money on a new graphics card etc and like a fool I am now left with two six year old hard drives that are currently making some very dodgey noises and take an age to boot up. So having a bit of speed silence and less risk of them failing catastrophically would be nice!

i want a new ssd becuase my ssd has a bunch of problems holding data and alos it would be nice to have it for larger storage seeing as my current one is only 128gb, and thankyou apacer for the giveaway.

hello 

I got one for m rig but would be awesome to switch out the HDD that my wife have in her rig. 

I'd like to have my FIRST SSD because these days it is the one single component that has biggest influence on how the whole PC is behaving and how the user feals about their PC performing. Recently I built a PC for two firend. Second one had lower spec but included SSD as the only drive. Both are being used as private computers, not gaming machines. The lower spec with SSD feals faster.

There has not been a performance jump in years that equals the difference between having SSD vs HDD. This may change soon but for now the drive is what makes the biggest difference in PC performance if You're using it as a computer.

Thanks Apacer for great giveaway and good luck with Your lineup. 

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Everyone wants the latest storage devise so no one is left behind to have their data corrupted by an HDD. 

A new SSD would be great, because I just bought a used MacBook Pro, and throwing a SSD in there would speed it up a ton!

Also, SSDs in general are great, longer life time, less power consumption, faster read/write speeds... Everyone should have a SSD! :)

I would use this SSD as an external drive (I would buy an external docking station) for my MacBook Air 2015 with 128 GB of storage.  The reason that I think everyone should an SSD in their system, at least for their main OS drive, is that they give you much faster boot times and there is little to no chance of them suffering from mechanical failure.

Flash storage is just plain better than traditional mechanical hard drives. I would love to have some extra, fast, space on my PC. Although, thinking about it now, I would rather win the SSD to give to my Mom, whose laptop is really slowing down because of her hard drive, where everything else in the system is fine.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro