Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

My 1tb hd from 2009 is so slow and when i access stuff on my hd it takes decades to load

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

My computer is really slow. I could really use an ssd. I think ssd Are the future and that everyone should own them

I think everyone should have their own SSD because it's extremely faster than any hard drive. Also, windows kind of takes a long time to load. Games would be great to play on this too!

I could really use the SSD because the SSD i had :( just gave up on me :/ 

I need an ssd for caching and as a scratch disk in phtoshop. Maybe use as a boot drive to *boot*. I'll see myself out.

Everybody should have an SSD because it is 10 times faster than an ordinary HDD. Your pc would boot in 10 seconds or even less.

My first about 5 year old ssd with only 60 gb is getting pretty small nowadays. I think i might need an upgrade for that. Also the speeds are suffering from the age.

PC: R5 3600X | GTX 1070 | 16GB 3733MHz | Aorus X570 Elite | Corsair Air 540

Laptop: R7 4800H | RTX 2060 | 16GB 3200MHz

Server: R5 1600AF | 16GB 3200MHz | Aorus B450 M | 5 x 8TB RaidZ2 @ LSI 9211-8i

I would love an SSD because I'm building my first custom rig myself soon and this would very much help with the costs. They allow your computer to run faster all together

SSD as a system drive makes big difference in systems responsiveness and this giveaway aligns perfectly with my 5400 rpm HDD death in my laptop. R.I.P.

...also SSD is safer in laptop since it is more shock resistant than HDD, which is why my HDD died.

I only have a hard drive in my PC, a $50 1tB HDD, and my games load very slowly. I want to get this SSD for my games library on steam for the most part.

SSD is an awesome boot drive. I have 120GB SSD on my computer it's fitting Windows inside, but it can't fit Linux so I have to boot it slowly from my HDD.

Everyone should have and SSD. When I installed my first SSD as my boot drive I went from walking away getting a drink and my PC still not being on to it being on 10 seconds after i touched the power button.  Second, I need a new SSD for my boot drive because have a 120 for it and it's so fustrating [sic] always having to manage drive space.

"Surely, a single 240GB SSD is enough for me and my system" - Said the innocent builder

Give me all the gigabytes please!

My poor little 120gb SSD I've had forever is just not holding up to Windows 10's aggressive plan to use up all my OS storage. Help me Apacer and LTT!

I'd like to replace the HDD of my laptop with an SSD to make it faster.

I think I should get one beacuse I have a 150gb hdd and it's almost full,everyone should get one beacuse ssd are faster then hard drives and are less prone to failure.

I currently don't have an SSD but have been looking into a Panther SSD. Installing an SSD for a boot drive makes super fast boot times and a much more responsive PC. For an average PC user you probably won't notice too much of a difference, but if you're a gamer or developer an SSD will be one of the the make or break components on your PC. I wish I would have saved up just a bit more for my build to be able to get one, because being able to make a cup of coffee before your login screen even shows up is pretty bad. Especially when it's doing this on a clean boot. 

-The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but it's a hell of a lot easier to cut. - Allan Tinker.

This would be great to upgrade my daughters hard drive on her computer. Her minecraft would load so much faster. She probably won't notice, but it would make me feel better. Everyone should be running an ssd by now. 

My start up time is well over 5 mins... An SSD with my operating system on would improve this immensely.

I just finished building my first computer, something I would never have been able to do without LinusTechTips! I love it and it's awesome, but I HAD to skimp on an SSD to get the rest of the components I wanted :( A solid state drive like the ones being given away would be PERFECT and round out my entry to the PCMR beautifully!

I'd like to use it to finally add an SSD to my rig mostly. And everyone should use one even if it is just to everything to feel faster. 

SSDs are a freaking blast ! And you always need more spaces and speeeeeed !