Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Nowadays HHD's are the biggest bottleneck in your system. You should get an SSD first, before upgrading anything else

Could do with an SSD to upgrade my current one that would go in my desk PC, OS X HATES mechanical hard drives and takes FOR EVER to boot from one.

Everyone should have an SSD because then people would be more productive due to lesser boot/loading times

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

I need SSD because my hard drives are slow and don't work properly.

I think everybody must have SSD because its faster and then they don't have slow and noisy HDD.

A new and bigger ssd would be great! It would stop me from outsourcing programs to my hdd´s!

I have one SSD at the moment dedicated to my OS and important programs, but I'd love to have one purely for gaming!  That would be super slick.

I've spend quite a lot on my new build but sadly my budget limited me to an 1 TB HDD. It works and I kinda don't have any problems with it, but an SSD would be a miles better. I do plan on getting a cheap, 120GB one but I certainly wouldn't mind the beast you are giving away. :)

Well... I would love to have an SSD as my current system is on a 5400RPM HDD; and since I play heavily modded games it literally takes 3-5 minutes to load.  I believe everyone should have an SSD by now as pretty much all electronics have solid state storage...all but PC'S! It's 2016 guys, let's catch up and continue being the master race stronger than we have before!

On February 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Would love an ssd to help finish my new system

Hey Linus,

well why do I want SSD? Because right now I'm making my own PC and I have quite small budget (well I'm IT student but I can spend just a little money on it because I don't have a full time job, obviousely), I'm already inspired by your videos, but I can't aford SSD (well I was thinking about hybride, but SSD for OS is the best choise anyway).

And on the other matter, I don't think I can tell you all the things about why you should have SSD, but the main things that are important to me are these: data access times are much shorter, it's bump resistant (no moving parts = more reliable) and last but not least it's not afected by magnets so again more reliable.

I am interested in the faster boot time. I'm sorry to say I have yet to try one. And my PC is capable of 6 sata. So plenty of room for growth :)

My system takes close to 1min to boot! Also loading time in games are horrible...

I think everyone should have an ssd because of speed and silence! And i need to replace my 2x1gb hdd raid. :D

Everyone needs an SSD, the data security and speed compared to a hard drive is far ahead.  With SSD's the only downside is really cost (and the current limit of max storage size) because they are smaller, more efficient, faster, and more reliable. I honestly wish my "storage" raid 1 array used SSD's.

My system contains only 2 types of storage unit: A three year old hard drive of 1TB and an external 800GB backup drive.

I really need more storage, even if its a small amount, an ssd would be enough and would help my system.

Spoiler

SSDs are way faster and energy efficient than HDDs. Pretty reliable also. I'm thinking we aren't far away from the times when every computer will be equipped with a SSD.

Many people will say that an SSD is and remains the biggest upgrade (Unless you are using a nVidia 210 and upgrading to a 980) you can get for your PC, drastically improving snappiness and boot times. But any SSD above 250GB cost more than most are willing to afford, including myself. And my Samsung 840 EVO suffers from an issue related to Samsung's 19nm TLC manufacturing process.

A new SSD would be very welcome

just built my first system with the help of linus but couldnt afford the ssd or windows

amd kavari chip

fm2a88x extreme 6+

8gb ram (gskill ares )

1tb hd

to be added:

gpu

ssd

windows 8 because, windows 8!

the ssd would bring my system into the current century with the newest technology.

would boot my system faster then a hard drive and ssd's do not have moving parts making them

more durable and sustainable from damage

I would love to have my first SSD and that it is a gift from the best channel of Youtube. Here in Argentina we are far from achieving achieve the quality and variety of components, so watch your videos and analysis is the best thing to do around here.

A greeting from a faithful follower

Federico

I got a 1 TB 5400 rpm hdd and it takes a lot to load stacks of photos in photoshop, an ssd would greatly improve this and make my work much faster. Finally, I belive everyone should have one because, even though not everyone works in graphics as I do, every could benefit from snappiers OS and a faster booting computer.

I would love that ssd, because I am building a new PC at this moment and beacause of financial state I am going with an hdd :dry:

I would like the apacer ssd as I've never owned a SSD before, and I would really like to be able to replace my laptop's 2.5" 5400 rpm hard drive, and I would like to be able to feel the same speed that everyone who can afford an ssd can feel.

My aging 5 year old editing iMac (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign) could greatly improve from an SSD. Still rocking the original 500GB HDD, been looking at new drives but haven't had the money to pull the trigger just yet.