Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have 3 old HDD's that got handed down too me, all of them are now on the verge of critical failure. And I don't have any backup options. An SSD would save my data and REALLY speed up my system. If you don't have one then you should seriously consider it! 

Thanks too everyone at LMG and Apacer for making these giveaways possible! 

my pc uses a hdd alone and I haven't had a chance to upgrade

I want an SSD because I've got one for my boot drive, but I need another for my important apps such as Premier and Photoshop.

Everyone should have one because they're just amazing, for too many reasons to list here~

I want to win because I am currently building my first custom pc. So this would save me some money that I could put towards a different part.

If these SSDs make good boot drives, then I'd love one for my editing rig. If not, then one would work great for storing some videos on after I've edited them.

I currently have a dell inspiron 15R, i feel that the hdd is the only thing that bottlenecks it and was wishing to get an ssd but they are expensive, hoping i get one...

Have 120 GB SSD and is sufficient for now. Everyone should enjoy that blessing speed. SSD for PC is like a water for humans.

Ignorance is bliss

On 08/02/2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

The SSD is slowing making its way onto every PC these days but the price still stays high and games keep getting bigger. I'd I had an SSD I would use it for only fast booting times but also great game speeds which I wouldn't with a mechanical drive. No one suffer in silence, we need an SSD.

On 2/8/2016 at 0:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I need a new ssd, my laptops hard drive is slowly dieing and has less memory than the ssd that is being release. I also believe that everyone needs one so they can run programs faster, and more efficiently

I really need a new SSD. I have a 120GB and since I have it, it is always completely full. 

With a SSD you can recover an old PC and bring it back to life. The performance improvement is amazing compared to HDDs. So everyone should have one. 

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

I want one because I need one. I have an old setup wich takes ages to even boot. SSD's are the best things that ever happend to PC's, but where I'm from, these things are too expensive. 

Because I have small a small ssd in my laptop and have had for a year now but could never afford one in my desktop because I recently became a student. I use the desktop the most and would swap the drives but it's hard to reinstall all the uni software when most of it requires authentication on the uni's side on my laptop. 

Everybody should have an SSD as their boot drive as that strongly speeds up the boot time as well as load times for applications within the system. I personally want an SSD as in my current setup, my HDD is running at 100% any time that I am doing anything other than having my computer sit idle, which creates extreme slow downs for my computer and facilitates astronomically high load times for applications.

My current laptop hdd is broken, so i had to borrow hdd from another laptop.

well must get new ssd for coding and I just find this post

Everyone needs an SSD because the speed they offer for having operating systems installed on them is leaps and bounds better than traditional HDDs. Solid state storage is the way of the future, mechanical is only slowing us down. Mechanical is great for file storage and archival storage, but solid state is the way to go for boot drives

I'd upgrade my laptop with it, because right now it takes ages to open anything.

My current SSD Has become unusable and I am needing to replace it since I no longer have a usuable PC (boot drive); winning this SSD would mean saving money instead of buying another £200 SSD 

I think I should have an SSD because my computer is Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 and I never get to afford an SSD because the price of an SSD is just too expensive. SSD are also essential to every computer systems as they help to save time in terms of start ups, shut downs and file transfer.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200/ Motherboard: Biostar G31M+/ RAM: Kingston KVR800D2N5K2 4GB / GPU: Leadtek Geforce GT 610 2GB DDR3/ Storage: WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 ATA Device/ Display(s): Samsung SyncMaster Magic CX2253BW/ Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard/ Mouse: Powerlogic X-Craft 2000/ Sound: CreativeAudio PCI ES1373/ Operating System: Windows 7 (x86)

I've got a 240gb SSD as my boot drive and I use the extra space to throw games on that I'm currently playing. It's a pain to keep switching games on and off it though, so a dedicated gaming SSD would be really useful. Everyone should at least have an SSD as their boot drive, but gamers should also try using an SSD to play their games on. It make's load times so much faster. 

I could knly get a single 120GB SSD which I use as my boot drive. It would be great to play the Witcher as fast as my computer could handle it, instead of how fast my HD can run.

The main reason of having ssd because i have only one hard drive hdd.

I have split that hdd (800 Gb) in main 100gb and 700 gb , because when i reinstall windows i dont want to loose all data from second drive, and it makes my os working slow. It also now makes weird sounds as usual hdd but realy loud. ( my hdd is 4 years old). 

Pc is ok for gaming

Game rig : 
Processor Information: 
Vendor: AuthenticAMD 
CPU Family: 0x15 
CPU Model: 0x1 
CPU Stepping: 0x2 
CPU Type: 0x0 
Speed: 3300 Mhz 
6 logical processors 
3 physical processors 
HyperThreading: Supported 
FCMOV: Supported 
SSE2: Supported 
SSE3: Supported 
SSSE3: Supported 
SSE4a: Supported 
SSE41: Supported 
SSE42: Supported 

Operating System Version: 
Windows 10 (64 bit) 
NTFS: Supported 
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0 

Video Card: 
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 

DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll 
Driver Version: 10.18.13.6143 
DirectX Driver Version: 10.18.13.6143 
Driver Date: 16 Dec 2015 
OpenGL Version: 4.5 
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel 
Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz 
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 
VendorID: 0x10de 
DeviceID: 0x11c6 
Number of Monitors: 1 
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1 
No SLI or Crossfire Detected 
Primary Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 
Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768 
Primary Display Size: 16.14" x 9.06" (18.50" diag) 
41.0cm x 23.0cm (47.0cm diag) 
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x 
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB 
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Memory: 
RAM: 7679 Mb 

I am looking foward to new monitor Full HD about  23" so my eyes wouldn't be close to it.
After i see that i need fps then a new gpu maybe r9 or gtx 900 series. And after that a new hdd or ssd but there is a slight chance to win ssd ;)

why do i need a new ssd well why not?

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

Well, I don't have an SSD, sure wish to try one.Everyone one shud have SSD's coz they are much faster and random accessing of data is easy. And its more reliable, faster loading for games, Its a must have

Hey Linus,

It would be amazing to get an SSD from you guys especially when I'm getting my first gaming PC in April!

I wanted to get an SSD for my PC but unfortunately I cannot fit it into my budget so getting an SSD would help me a lot.

Also I love your videos and look forward to many more.

PS.

I'm going to be choosing all my parts and building it by myself so wish me luck!