Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I really want to see first hand how fast SSD's are, I have mostly mechanical drives in most of my stuff. I wanna see how fast my OS can boot and while I know I can watch a video from Linus to see it, I wanna see this first hand also see performance in many programs and games. I know they are the future and I wanna be someone who in the future get's to say I tried SSD's when they were booming in the market as everybody uses them as the normal drives. So that pretty much it and that Linus is a big inspiration to learn more about computers and overall just that he's a cool guy.

I don't have a ssd at all. All I have is a 750 gb hard drive so boot times are atrocious.

I want an SSD because I am starting a new build in the next couple of weeks and only have the money for a WD blue 1TB

I would like an ssd because i only an  external hard drive with windows 10 plugged in to usb 2.0  that is why i need it thank you 

On 2/8/2016 at 3:40 PM, nicklmg said:

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

SSDs can improve the performance of a system with a very low price so they're great for anyone with old systems and for people with new system, an ssd is the o ly way to go tbh. 

My SSD is only 128gb and I would love to have a 256gb ssd to use as a scratch disk and media for storage for editing videos with. 

I'd love some extra space to be able to install more games and programs on an ssd.

I want the SSD because I am going to be building my first PC and I don't have enough money to get a SSD.

I don't see a reason why everyone should have them right now but they are really good if you need fast read/ write speeds

I would greatly benefit from this ssd my game load times are slowly and slowly getting worse and its sad. It also makes me sad because its sad how bad hdd's are. Expcialy mine. 

CPU: AMD FX 6300 Mobo: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 GPU: MSI R7850 Power Edition 2GD5 Ram: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB 1333 HDD: WD Blue 1TB PSU: Antec 750 Watt Case: Zalman Z9 Plus

Mouse: Razer DeathAddder 2013 Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Headphones: Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Monitor: BenQ GL2450

A new SSD would be a very nice addition to my current 128GB one. More fast storage!

MSI GS60 2PC-016NL  ||  Dell U2414H  ||  Func MS3-2 || Audio Technica ATH-M40x

I hear that and SSD is really fast. I've been using HDDs on all my computers and laptops ever since I got my first computer in 2011. I've never experienced real speed. Mostly because I cannot afford it due to the unacceptable exchange rate in my country.

No one should ever go through their lives without an SSD in their computer..

I'm already looking for a new SSD for my PC for some extra storage, Something like this would be fantastic!

I think everyone should have an SSD because after installing your OS on one it makes everything so much snappier and more satisfying to use.

I would love an ssd to be able to put Windows on it and have faster boot speeds. Also I have had an ssd, so I haven't experienced the speed some could say. But I would love to win one for my pc for overall faster performance and faster game loads. 

Iv got a 120gb SSD atm & getting it a few years ago, was an amazing performance boost. Everyone shjould get a SSD

An SSD giveaway? Hell yeah. 

Once you switch to an SSD, there's no going back. I recently installed a new SSD in my PC and wouldn't mind having another one ^_^

I am currently building my first PC which is pretty beastly. All beastly PCs need a SSD. :)

I would like an ssd because i only an  external hard drive with windows 10 plugged in to usb 2.0  that is why i need it thank you 

I would love an SSD for my four year old laptop to spruce it back up and give it speed again.

My laptop currently has a crappy 5400rpm 500gb hdd in it, it's crazy slow, it'd be amazing to have an SSD in there instead, and that way I also have some protection from data corruption or drive failure due to it being in my backpack most of the time and being moved around a lot.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why I want SSD... I don't have any SSD at all. Running on WD Green 1 TB 5400 RPM that really suuucks... Takes almost 15 seconds to boot in my Windows or Linux. 

Why people should have SSD's in their PC's:

SSD gives great speed for the OS. SSD's are made for OS files and to make OS run faster. Also We shouldn't have our OS installed in the primary disk where we store our data like games, multimedia as I did, because when we do any heavy desk task like copying or moving or running any heavy disk task, our OS also gets considerably slow because that task are using that disk and OS don't get much slot to use it. When we have an SSD, even if we run any heavy game that uses the hard drive heavily, we can run our OS smoothly with it. Also SSD gives ultra high speed with great performance. Thanks Linus for teaching us things on Linus Tech Tips and Tech quickie! xD

No one should be forced to deal with slow boot times or load screen in games in the year 2016. We have the technology, we can reboot it!!