Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Tired of my old 700gb HDD so I would love to upgrade to something much faster! It's about time my friends stop leaving me behind in loading times while gaming.

I would love one because it would speed up my computer a lot because it has a 5 minute start up.

I don't have an SSD in my system and it's all I need to finish my build.

On February 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

My brother is building a pc and he has no money. I would love to give him a good start. 

I want an SSD because I currently use a salvaged 500GB HDD from a Dell built in 2011. And less mechanical parts means less noise allowing for more all night gaming, because sleep is for pussies.

And yes, I used Comic Sans.

I want this SSD because I keep giving my spare SSDs away to people in need. (To my mom and grandma.)

I love Linux, I love OS X. I love Windows. I H8 1137

I could really use a new SSD as it would be the first step on rebuilding having my own computer.  Life happened hard, and I lost nearly everything, and have medical reasons keeping me from working currently.  I have only a borrowed HP desktop with a sempron single core processor, and I hope to somehow piece together something of my own, my biggest hope a halfway decent laptop as I end up staying with different family fairly often.  Long time viewer, finally signed up.

I would love an ssd in my rig just to improve my storage from 250gb, and I think everybody should have an ssd in their rig because ssd's are much faster and safer than any hdd out there!

Honestly the reliability of not having any moving parts, and sheer speed (in which regard this drive seems to go above and beyond) are what do it for me.

I currently have a 120 GB hard drive and SSD in my system, the hard drive being salvaged from an old laptop that was e-trash, and I would like to win a new SSD to hold music as I'm starting to record and create my own.  Furthermore, I believe EVERYONE should have an SSD just so that they can speed up their system. 

I'm planning on building a NAS to archive and back up all my design/art work. This would be perfect as I'm planning to expand to video; having it in my NAS on a hot swap plate to directly work from it, then pulling it out and taking it to my camerographer friend to show off my work or to a client would be extremely convenient.

SSDs now are reliable and affordable over being a clear upgrade to any system that lacks them, the only excuse not to have one is on extremely low budgets.

Looking through the comments, i see people who have ssd's and those who have 5400rpm hard drive.

Me?

I HAVE A 160GB SAMSUNG HARD DRIVE THAT I HAD TAKEN OUT OF OUR PC FROM 2005,NOOO SSD IN SIGHT

now i do plan to have an ssd upgrade in the future

reasons to have an ssd:1.games,2.boot drive,3.to show off to your friends that you got it signed by linus(or the whole team) ;)

p.s:MY FRIEND THINKS THAT SSD'S ARE THE SAME THINGS AS HARD DRIVES AND DOES NOT SEE A REASON TO GET ONE HELP

sincerly~@chrizjustchriz (twitter)

Need that ssd because i wanna change my old HDD with that. 240GB will be a really good replacement for me. 

i want a new ssd because my old ssd only have 120gb of storage and i need the  AS330 Panther 240G SSD  to replace my old ssd. Also i can save more games in it to have a faster loading time. I hope i can get one to save money. :DGood luck for everyone.

Getting ready for college this coming fall and trying to scrounge up parts for my own desktop. This would be a great help to have ssd boot. Thanks for the opportunity even if I don't win.

So I can put my soundbanks and video in it for low latency editing!

i need an ssd because i need to speed up my pc a bit. so one would be nice.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

There are a lot of reasons of why i want an SSD, but here are the most important ones:

1.- First of all I'm 19 years old and I live in Mexico so the general cost of technology here is more expensive than in other countries, this combined with the fact that i'm currently studying electronics engineering and with the few money my parents give me I just can afford buying a few books for the career and literature in general and you know also buying some tacos or quesadillas at school once a week because Mexico Wey!.
2.- I'm a pc gamer and 2 months ago I built a low budget pc inspired by scrap yard wars, I bought a core i3 3220, 4GB of RAM, and a gtx 680 (that a friend of mine sold me very cheap) but one thing that I couldn't afford (because I went over my budget) was an HDD so I reused an old Portable 2.5" 320 GB that I had laying around that is super slow (like really really slow, the windows startup takes like at least 4 or 5 minutes).
3.- As I said before I'm studying electronics engineering and I also use the computer for coding, Microsoft's office stuff, PCB designing and a few other stuff, and with the crappy hdd that I have these tasks become a nightmare to do due to the slow response of the hdd.
4.- For gaming... I usually play games just on the weekend, and I enjoy doing it a lot, it's relaxing and you know it just FeelsGoodMan, the problem that I have is that the games take too much time to start and the loading screens are a nightmare.

Well, sorry if my english is bad, I'm trying to get better at it. I just think that I really need a faster drive for my computer but I just can't afford it, I hope you guys can help me with that and finally I just want to say Thank you guys, i love your videos and keep it on!

I think everyone should have an SSD for it's fast data transfer rate, making it perfect as a boot drive

I want a new SSD to throw in the system my 2 brothers are using, I'm sure they'd appreciate the awesome speed boost that everyone should buy an SSD for.

I own a laptop with 5400 rpm hard drive, they should help have faster boot time and write/read speeds during productivity times