Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I'd love to win this SSD so I can partition it and make some portable VMs. With the high speed connector it would be like a portable internal SSD.

My SSD shit the bad awhile back and I've been unable to buy a new one because of life. Please Linus, You're my only hope.

I just got a laptop and since I'll be using it more than my desktop I put my SSD in that.So I would love to get an SSD so my desktop can have one again! 

I think everyone should get an SSD because it would lower the price of the technology, allowing it to become more and more adopted by system builders.

I would really like to win a SSD as it would be much faster than my current HDD in my laptop.

I don't have a SSD or even at a computer at the moment, so one less part to have to buy seems like a good reason to enter.

6 months ago i bought my first SSD. man I have never experieced such fast boot-up times. If only I knew how much it is worth it before I would have gotten it much earlier!

So I don't need this SSD, who does though is my father. Let me take you through my fathers morning ritual: around 06:00AM he wakes up, goes downstairs, press the power button of the PC. After this he prepares some coffee, reads a little bit out of the bible, and prepares the table for breakfast. When he is done with all these things, that is around when his computer is all started and ready to use, not kidding you it takes around 8 MINUTES to boot up. 

Seriously, im getting all kind of upgrades for that PC but dont have too much money to spend, it's the PC where I spent 8 years gaming. But I feel guilty I left it to my dad with all the problems and inconveniences it has now. SSD WOULD BE GREAT!

I believe SSDs should be a standard for boot drives in any PC rig.

When compared to a HDD an SSD will give you faster boot times, quicker access to files and applications and make your computer quieter overall. Because of the fact that they don't create large amounts of heat, aren't as susceptible to damage from shock or vibrations (because there are no moving parts) as well as their small size compared to 3.5" HDD, you can mount them just about anywhere in your case and even in many laptops. The (C:) Drive that I have installed in my Personal Rig is mounted in the space behind the motherboard tray and is only being held by the data+power cables and the side panel. This allows me to remove the hard drive cages at the front of my case and free up space for a water cooling Radiator and a tube reservoir/pump combo (although I still can't afford a watercooling system at the moment). I can fit multiple SSDs in the cable management area where no one will ever notice them if they look through my side panel window. 

As you can probably tell I've been enthusiastic about SSDs since they first became available for the average consumer. As more time passes they have become a lot cheaper per gb than when I first bought my SSD although higher capacity drives can still be pretty pricey... Wow I really went on a rant there. 

My Current Rig:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5838447 

Steam ID: RonHGeneral Xbox Live: RonHGeneral

Im going to buy an ssd tomorrow, because the hard drive in my laptop is so slow, and it needed a reinstall since a few months, so I will upgrade now to just do a full reinstall once. Everyone should have an ssd in their pcs an laptops, they're so much faster and reliable. In the laptop I currently own one hard drive had already died.

I already have a SSD, but my parents 10 year old computer can use an upgrade.

I want another SSD to have more and faster storage, I cringe everytime I have to access something from my HDD...

Everyone should get an SSD, it's by far the best purchase I made so far for my system. The benefits of running the OS from an SSD are huge. Really noticeable improvements on day to day usage. :) Not only for "gamers", everyone notices the high speed access to applications.

Everyone should have an SSD for booting in their system... It's so much faster than a regular hard drive and they are not that expensive anymore. This SSD would be a nice replacement for my current 120gb samsung ssd ;)

When I built my rig I thought I could get away with using Intel RST to buy a cheap small SSD and cache the main drive.

It works ok, and it's certainly faster than using the HDD, but I'm not even close to the performance of an actual SSD.

As such, I would love to have the opportunity to switch to the AS330 and then my SSD can growl like a panther, a silent panther :)

I am in college, and am a computer enthusiast! Considering that i do not currently own a SSD, due to a lack of money  (college life.. ), and am stuck with a slow HDD, this would be amazing for me. Everyone should have an SSD in their personal computer, as it has potential to save massive amounts of time in day to day activity.  SSDs are important! They are not just for those who game either, but rather are practical for anyone who uses a computer daily!

I really want to win this because I am going to build a system over the summer and I was already planning on putting an ssd in it.

why I need a SSD? I'm dying with my Laptop 5400 rpm, and I don't have a M.2 slot..

At current I only have a 1tb hard drive and my computer takes around 30 seconds to boot. I would like an SSD to make by boot times faster, however as I'm a student I do not have enough funds to purchase one. Also, with an SSD, it would be quicker for me to load up my coursework, so I could spend more time working on it.

i woud be extremely happy to win it because im trying to build a gaming pc and i dont have much money. :(

and everyone shoud have an ssd because it whips the hdd's ass, because its so fast!xD!xD!

Be great to finally have a ssd boot drive and replace my failing hard drive.