Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have a 3 years old 120 GB SSD and I wouldn't mind having an extra 120 GB to install video games on! :) 

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF|CPU Cooling: Deepcool AK620|RAMGigabyte AORUS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200|Storage: 2x M.2: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue|GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti ELITE 12G|Monitors: Primary : LG 28GP83B-B Secondary: Asus VG27VQ|Sound: Sennheiser HD 560 S with FiiO E10K USB DAC|Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Origins 65|Mouse: Razer Deathadder V3 Pro|Mouse Pad: Corsair MM700|OS: Windows 11 Professionnal 64-bit|Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX|PSU: Corsair RM850x|Case: DeepCool Matrexx 50

Thanks for the giveaway. I sure would like to replace the 5400rpm drive in my laptop. With today's streaming services and fast internet, 240 gigs would totally be enough for a user like me.

It would be nice to replace my mechanical drive which is getting slower and slower. I have been wanting an SSD for a long time and this would be the perfect time

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

I want an SSD because I am currently booting Windows on my about 10 year old hard drive I got from a pre built computer back at about '07

This thing takes AGES to boot and the amount of times I formatted this drive is too damn high :D

I need an SSD for my PC cause Im stuck with a 500GB 7200rpm drive. An SSD would mean faster PC and more free space. 

I want this ssd because i am making a new gaming setup and any costs not included is so much help and could be used to put towards something else.

My laptop is in tip top shape and has relatively descent processing power (2.5 GHz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, GT 630M) BUT all of that is severly hindered by the 5400 rpm spinning joke. Editing and 3D modeling software takes 15 seconds to a whole minute to even launch. The need is strong!

Manufacturers should really start putting hybrid drives as standard. Seriously.

Would love an ssd to help render speeds for my university work 

Why should everyone have an SSD? So installing software on other people's computers doesn't take an eon!

I want an SSD because I currently do not have an SSD and I think that the blazing fast speed of an SSD with my OS on it would really allow my computer to be completely booted by the time I hit the power button then go to the restroom and come back, instead of having to wait for it to boot for a while longer. Because while I am waiting longer, I decide to grab a soda, and soda is bad for my health. And if I keep drinking soda I could die earlier than I would if I didn't drink soda. So by having this SSD my life will be longer because I will no longer have time to grab a soda before my computer boots up.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Must... Ascend... From... Spinning... HDD...

Honestly, loading times are getting bigger. Conventional HDDs are becoming this hardware generation's biggest bottleneck, surprisingly, at least for me.

Winning an SSD would be amazing, as the boot SSD I have is the cheapest ever and I don't suspect it to be very reliable long-term. It barely has enough storage for an OS alongside the development tools I use (IntelliJ, Visual Studio), in addition to games. In this day and age, Everyone should have an SSD because mechanical hard disks are the main bottleneck in even mid-range systems, when it comes to boot and program launch times. I've only had a SSD in my rig for a few months, but it's made so much of a difference. It actually makes sleeping the system viable instead of having it on 24/7!

"/usr/local/bin/coffee.sh" Missing – Insert Cup and Press Any Key

On 2/8/2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

I think everyone should have an SSD because of how they change the person's computer experience. Imagine how much longer computers would last in non-techie environments (like elderly people). I personally would love an SSD because of its lack of defragmentation. I hate defragging my hard disk. Thanks! 

Everyone should have an SSD. If you still go make coffee or use the bathroom while waiting for your PC to boot than it is taking too long and it's time to enjoy <1 minute boot times. Good luck everyone.

i'm running out of space on my laptop. SSD is obligatory in any modern system

My current boot drive is dying. I need a new ssd as to let my old one die peacefully.

Currently I do not have an ssd in my computer but what I do have is 3 1TB drives in Raid for faster performance. Too bad that is only for my linux box, by windows half sure could use the speed.

On February 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I'm building a pc for my sister in a week for her to play Far Cry Primal using some of my old hardware (so it's cheaper than a nextgen console), and a new SSD woukd really be the icing on the cake in a pile of old parts haha

Everyone should have SSDs in their PC. SSDs decrease the amount of money you spend and the amount of frustration you have over a failed harddrive. Despite the upfront cost of SSDs you can still save money on expensive data recovery services. Due to the lower chance of failure of SSDs you save frustration over lost data on failed harddrives. Not only to save money and frustration but SSDs can increase productivity.

I want an SSD because I've never had one before.

Also, I recently got Assasin's Creed Syndicate and it takes forever to load its 43 gigabytes of data on a traditional HDD.

i have only got a 2tb HDD at the moment witch is almost full, This ssd would boost my system and simply make it complete. Love your videos linus