Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

i want an ssd to put in my thinkpad, it's only got a mechanical drive currently.

Thanks for doing these giveaways!  If I win, the SSD will go into the new desktop I'm going to build this summer.  It would free up some of my budget to get a better processor or graphics card and would no doubt get me a much better computer.

Thanks for all the entertaining and informative videos you guys put online.  I just discovered your scrapyard wars series and I'm working my way through them.  Keep up the good work!

I would like a new SSD for my system because my 64GB SSD is basically full and I cant decide what to kick to the HDD in my laptop - desktop is fine though :D. Everyone else needs an SSD because they are sooooooo much faster! 14 seconds boot time, who doesnt want that??

I want the ssd because i'm building my first pc (yes, i was a peasant before #peeceemasterrace).

Everyone should have ssds because WHY THE HELL NOT. :D

On 8.2.2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

everyone should have an SSD because its such a pain to wait for your computer to boot up, so since i dont have one yet please give me one 

Hi Linus & the Gang,

I would love to win one of those awesome SSDs because I recently discovered you guys on Youtube, and you've taken what was a passing interest of mine, playing about with computers, and given me the confidence to build my own computer from scratch. Using your tips and watching your videos, I love scrapyard wars by the way, more of that please; I have learnt so much about computer building, one of the last pieces on my wishlist is an SSD, so I would be majorly excited to win one!

Thanks guys, and goodluck to everyone :-)

was thinking about buying a hybrid drive either 500gb or 1000gb. but this SSD upgrade would be great as i can swap my 320gb and use it as external storage.

i really want to win this ssd cause i really need storage on my gaming pc, but i dont have the money for a new hdd and not at all for a new ssd!! 

i really want to win this ssd cause i really need storage on my gaming pc, but i dont have the money for a new hdd and not at all for a new ssd!! 

Because I have an old laptop with a 500 GB 5400 RPM hard drive and its slow as  ****.

Everyone should have a SSD simply because of the instant respons it delivers when accessing the data. No more sitting around waiting for something to load, or windows freezing because you're downloading a file. 

i know that from my own experience with one. While it's an old 80GB SSD, it's still far better than a typical spin hard drive! 

I for one, wouldn't mind a faster one with more space. ;) 

I spent the last 2 days for the first time figuring out how to image my desktops hard drive because it started making the scratching noises of death. After moving all of my data to a external drive in the form of a image. unfortunately i had to switch to my only other drive that is significantly smaller. now im sitting on one drive and no SSD. Im in dire need of more space and a faster boot drive.

I'm tired of mechanical disks as an OS drive. Would really like to bump my speed up a bit. as for everyone else, why not?

On 2/8/2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so every

so i would love to have a ssd, dont have one and have never had one and it would be amazing to actually see the performance-boost which you get with a ssd and especially the boot up speed which for me is around 1-3 minutes...

I don't have any SSD's in my gaming PC. I've been meaning to get one but am a little low on money now and my 1TB HDD is filling up from shows and games. And SSD would improve my startup times for applications and Windows greatly! 

? I would like one because:

-It will be my first ssd 

-It will help me in building first computer( still gathering parts due to reasons)

I am going to tci college in NY for IT tech and Network Admin. I am learning alot from your videos. Some even helped me understand what was going on in my hardware classes. So i truely want to take this opportunity to say thank you ALL not just Linus, lol, . Whether i win or dont doesn't matter. I am just very greatful for the way you guys do your videos, and for sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us. 

Ps. Linus said that "ssd is a must for a tech bag" so we should all get one lol.

I've been slowly collecting parts to build a PC for a year now. I'd love an SSD as a boot drive!

I want to put a SSD in my girlfriends computer, so she can profit from faster Windows boot phases and signifantly shorter loading times in our games.

First time upgrading my aenimic system since 2009 and I need need need an SSD!

I have filled my SDD and HDD and need more storage! My PC is where i store all of my data, videos and music. Everyone needs more storage always!

If I had this SSD, I could store all games and my OS on it, and so my pc would boot a lot faster and save me a lot of time and energy.

I'm planning to build a new computer this summer and this could really lower the overall price. Right know I live along with almost 5 yo asus laptop with 2 yo dying adata 120GB sdd (I should bought something better, I know). So yeah, it would be nice to win.

I was considering getting a freakn' ssd for my laptop and this would save me $100+! (the laptop is also used at school, so boot speed is kind of a concern) Oh, and anyone that doesn't boot off an ssd will have worse performance as time goes on and programs and OSes get bigger and more complex.

I am hoping to start building my own rig soon.  An SSD would make a fantastic edition!  I'd like to put one in my initial build, but there is always a budgeting factor.

im a 13 year old upgrading an old optiplex 755  i have a 500 gb hardrive and would love an ssd to add to the build it is my first time building/upgrading a pc and cannot afford titan x's  and gtx 970 and things along those lines i think every one  should have an ssd in their pc is because EVERYTHING is alot faster than on  a hard drive.