Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Well, I've never had an SSD anyway (too expensive where I live) and I never really missed having one until I used a friend's computer that had one, I was just blown away on how fast that thing was...

A week later I saw this giveaway, and I just thought:" Talk about perfect timing".

Who would not want a good ssd? I want a good one because in my country a good SSD is expensive and I had a very cheap and unfortunately failed recently.
Everyone should own a decent ssd especially if is a gamer. 

When I built my first system (the one I'm still using) I didn't bother putting in an SSD because I couldn't really afford it at the time. Now after watching LTT for the past few months I've realized that SSDs are really quite awesome! I would most likely use it as a boot drive or put some of my games on it. You guys are awesome, keep up the good work!

Id really like an SSD for a build I am putting together for my mother in law. She has an old computer she uses to stream media from my plex server, but its SO OLD that the bottleneck is her cpu trying to transcode these files.  

I have landed a 690gtx for $100 off of a buddy, going to reuse her optical drive and hdd for mass storage. I'm just going to have to out of pocket for mobo/case/PSU and if I don't win this SSD.. an ssd boot drive :)   

My username is both misspelled and redundant. Don't take anything I say seriously as I am a moron.     

CPU: Intel i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 MSI RAM: 16gb of DDR3 hotness Boot Drive: 240gb m.2 samsung 850 evo Storage Drives: 8tb ironwolf, 4tb WD Monitors: 3x HP Elite Displays

I have watched LOADS of videos reviewing SSDs and Hard Drives in the build up to making my first rig, i have a really small budget so every little help counts im this case! I feel an SSD would just make my rig that much better, and would love to have a chance to use in in my first rig ?

Going to build my first rig, with help from LTT.  Trying to keep the cost down, this would definitely help! 

Still using HDDs a SSD would greatly improve my system and allow my to use the HDD for backup

Making my dream build this summer (upgrading from current core-2 build from back in 2008! lol) An S330 would be mad for it!

With technology becoming better and better by the minute an SSD in any kind of build is now a must , like using an SSD for your operating system drive and an HDD for storage or for the best speed (concidering SSD kinda have less life then HDD for now ) just use a few SSD for system drive and storage.

I want isnt big enough of a reason as much as I just drastically need a new SSD which I'm not able to afford at the moment as Im in college even as much as I need it cuz my machine is running only 1 SSD at the moment for everything and its slow as you just cant imagine. This will just be such an epic thing to get , it will so much improve my computer expirience since soon Im thinking of doing some pretty stressing things like some image and video editing.

Thanks guys and really hope I win :)

Pc speed.png

I don't have an SSD at all, just an old HDD.... :( so I want to see the difference

Oh wow, that's cool. I have been looking into getting an SSD actually (except I have to upgrade other stuff to.. So finances man..)

Reason why I would love one is because my current HDD is just.. Slow. For boot times of Windows, but also have some programs and games I have. Would love to try and set it up as a scratch disc once too, just to see how performance is (how much it increases)

Good luck to everyone entering :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I plan on donating the SSD to my grandmother who desperately needs one in her laptop and can't currently afford one.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I would like an SSD because I can't stand my long-ass boot time from my main HDD -_-

No one deserves to have a long-ass startup to their rig 

Thanks for the give away

Well I only have a wd green 5400rpm hdd on my system and was looking for an ssd to buy, haven't scratched together the money for it yet so winning this would definitely help me out :D

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Why do I want an SDD? Which crazy person wouldn't say yes to a new SSD... Especially a free one at that. 

Seriously though, hadn't even heard about Apacer until now. Might just be me, but would be nice to see if brand reach isn't always everything ;) 

Plus need dem jiggabytes and speed. 

When building low budget PCs i usually dont add an SSD but i would always recommend getting one down the line. They are great and are just the best UMPH to an old system. If i get one of these bad boys i would add it to my sister ummm Legacy PC. It has a 320gb 5400 rpm O_O

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I really want to win, since I don't have money for an SSD, and only have 1 hard drive in my PC. I've been wanting to get an SSD because my hard drive is 3Tb and can not utilize it properly when it is a boot drive. So please consider me ?

I'd like an SSD I could put a few games on, and if not that, my second rig is running a HDD for Windows 10 instead of an SSD and it takes ages to boot up.

Also everyone should get an SSD as a drive for windows. Doesn't sound like it would be that much better but once you switch you do not want to go back.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'm thinking of building a new PC, winning the SSD here would allow me to buy better parts. Thanks for the opportunity :)

I want to win one of those SSDs because i want to update my laptop

Would be nice to upgrade my server to an SSD :D

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

i would want a ssd in my laptop because it has a 160GB 5200 rpm hard drive and it is really slow. i use this computer for homework and work. i already upgraded the ram but its still slow. i think everybody should have a ssd because there more reliable and there faster to use and if you drop your computer on the couch the ssd wont make a scratching or grinding sound like HDD drives.

I currently have an SSD in both my systems and it pains me watching my mums computer. Would therefore love the opportunity to install an SSD in her computer, so that it's actually usable.

i want an ssd to put in my thinkpad, it's only got a mechanical drive currently.