Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

It would be a great tool to have as a portable SSD on the go, and then docking straight into a hot swap tray straight to SATA.

I'm still using my 7 year old recycled Seagate Barracuda and I can't afford nice computer parts because of college, everyone should use an SSD because it increases read/write times dramatically while removing staggering in games. :)

I am building a new system and a SSD would really improve performance, shorten boot time, and allow me to do more with the system. 

Chef

I do not have a ssd and thes ones look pretty sick so I'm like why not comment for a chance to win 

I'm in a bit of a benchmark competition with a buddy of mine who just built a new 6700K 980ti based system that he doesn't want to overclock (*shrug* weird I know...), but I'm still running an old 3770K and a 980 classified but he's got me beat on SSD he's got 5 samsung SSDs on a raid card...  I could sure use a 2nd ssd to give my disk benchmarks a bump!

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

So what had happened was I was walking down the street eating my pudding and outa no where this guy dressed in all black with tinfoil on his head stops me and whispers to me the code is red. He then reaches his finger up as if hes gonna point to something and quickly slaps my pudding out my hand. I immediately fall to the ground and yell out in fear as I watch my pudding slowly fall to the ground. I drop to my knees and search for the strange man to ask him why he would do such terrible thing, but he was gone. And before I recover to my feet I see out of the corner of my eye, a large red dragon, with 12 in spikes protruding from his back emerging from a small Prius. His eyes were glowing yellow and bloodshot. His breath hot and smelled of sulfur, there was green foam rushing down the side of his mouth. And as he approached me I began to feel myself freeze with fear. His mouth finally opened as he mumbled to me the words, "Hey my name is Carl, Im sorry about my uncle he can be a little crazy sometimes." He then continued to hand me a new pack of fresh pudding and flew me home. So yeah that's basically why I need a new ssd. Hope I win  Oh and everyone else should have one so that they meet a nice pudding dragon like Carl. 

Hi guys

TechTips is easily the best channel on YT (including all the offshoots)

regarding this competition,

i am currently working on my project pc, and it's my only pc...

As a parent i dont have any spare dollars to throw around and waste on personal computer components.

i am currently running a P5Q-PRO mobo, and LGA775 Core 2 quad q9400 (oc to 3.6ghz) a very generous friend of mine has donated some components, such as 4x2gb DDR2 (yes 2) RAM and his HD4850.

i am trying to get THE MOST out of this tired old system, as the alternative having no pc at all (money to upgrade is not an option)

one of these single SSDs would boost another 5+ years into 'the old girl', and will keep the VERY few dollars i posses to going to the more important things in life. cheers for the thought

p.s i understand that the old mobo will downclock the SSD and thus not take full benefit of SATA3, but will still offer an unrivaled boost

pp.s the video about the server drive failure...best video ever

I have a custom rig where some friends helped me pick out parts and actually pointed me out to a video of linus' on how to build a pc which i followed to build mine :) so thank you for that. I didn't know about you guys before that. Anyway, i have a 240GB PNY Optima SSD which is redlining full of games; basically i'd like a new/free one cuz i want another SSD but they're not exactly super cheap so when Dark Souls 3 or No Man's Sky come out i'd like enough space to fit them in. But really i wanted an excuse to say thanks, so danks. Good luck and congrats to whoever wins!

I would love a Panther drive...."they've done studies you know....60% of the time...it works every time." AND DON'T TELL ME THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

Well, I would want a SSD cause MY LAPTOP HAS THE WORLDS WORSTEST HARDDRIVE EVARRRRRR!!!!!!

Thank you.

21 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Everyone should have a SSD to boot faster and have more time to play video games. 

I want an SSD so I can get rid of the HDD in my laptop. 

Everyone should consider getting an SSD instead of an HDD now that the prices are becoming more affordable and because they are much faster. 

I think having an SSD is a must for anyone that wants to be able to perform even basic tasks on their computer more efficiently. I have switched to all SSD storage and will never go back. I tend to back most of my stuff up in cloud storage as well so I don't need any loud data drives either. Nothing beats a super fast quiet system. Not to mention they will make any laptop better just by adding an SSD. No need to buy a new one just update it!

Well I need a ssd in my pc, because Idont have one, my mechanical drive its about to die and I cant realy aford a new one :/

I am currently building my first gaming computer so i would benefit the fast data transfers that ssds provide with my computer build. 

I would put in my computer and love it and pet it for ever and ever. In all reality every computer needs a ssd helps performance and less moving parts to fail.

21 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would want this SSD so that I can put it into my new rig that I just built a few weeks ago and I think it'll be a great late birthday present from the LTT group. 

I'm a highschool student and recently have been getting into video editing. It's pretty obvious that I could really use the fast speeds from an SSD, and the storage space. I've been looking into buying an SSD, but buying a decent one with enough storage would cost more than I can afford.

I didn't really see the point of SSDs for the most part. That was until I picked up the HP Stream 11. Even though it's only an MMC SSD, I actually found it's more useful then I thought, booting up in a fraction of the time that my desktop takes.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

A SSD corrects one of the biggest bottlenecks in your system:  Read/write speeds.  When you make the switch, your computer or laptop will seem better than brand new.

My main computer currently doesn't have an SSD boot drive, so having one for a fresh install of windows would be excellent.

The reason why I would like to win this SSD is because the Apacer panther SSD's are amazing . Also I am runing a small youtuber channel that I am trying to grow and by winning this give away In stead of using a hard drive to render my vidoes slowly I can use an SSD that can render faster and thus produce more quality content for my viewers and also produce it more quickly. This are the main reasons why I would want to win this give away!