Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I'd like a new SSD mainly because I don't have one! I have a computer that is pretty cheap with crap hardware. An SSD would make me feel slightly better about my pretty bad computer.

My computer has a 120GB HDD and I am sure it will die soon of its age.

i think everyone should have a ssd in there system to prevent further damage with magnets and have faster access to there files.

Everyone, even non power users, should invest in an SSD. The reduced startup time is worth the investment for me personally, but overall system responsiveness makes such a large difference that anyone with a computer should get one.

Also, I would like the SSD to give to my roommate, who is still dealing with a hard drive.

I have a always wanted a SSD for my system but never have been able to buy one. I think that every one should have a SSD because, of the performance increases. I am still stuck with my old hard drive from my brothers computer from 2007. 

SSD's are awesome for people like me trying to utilize creative outlets such as Photoshop, Adobe Premier, and other applications (and for that sexy fast boot time of course!)

I've never built my own computer but because of linustechtips on youtube I have finally committed myself to find a way (and the money) the build my first gaming rig. This would certainly go a long way toward my future of being able to game and stream. I have watched and learned over the course of the last couple of years and have grown in confidence that I can build my own and have an awesome rig and save money doing it. I am also using the suggestion of pcpartpicker and it has made this whole process so much easier! Thank you for your consideration! 

I don't wish anyone to suffer using 5400 rpm HDDs, I think those shouldn't exist anymore as write/read speeds are so important nowadays.

I've never tried a SSD and I wish I could replace my crappy HDD :)

I would like to have an ssd because I do not run on an ssd and I would like to be able to run windows and programs faster.

Would like one to make boot time faster and load times faster for programs

I unfortunately do not own an SSD for my computer. I would love to have one to help my processes boot up faster.

I want an SSD cause I couldn't afford one when I first built my computer. Plus, my boot time is so slow, that I might as well go make a sandwich before I can get in to my PC. Honestly, there's no point not having an SSD, everyone should at least boot off of one. If there's one thing I could've done differently in my build, I would have sacrificed some of the budget to stick an SSD in there.

for a long time I have been dealing with slow boots due to an HDD. I would love to be able to boot quickly and have a much more responsive system. Also so I could put games I play often onto it for faster loading.

I think most PCs should have an SSD that can at least hold the operating system. everyone should be able to get great boot times.

The smartest idiot you will ever find

So I am getting ready to build a PC in two months or so, and I'm "gaming" on a Toshiba Satellite with integrated graphics. My 5400 RPM Hard Drive is slow as hell and though I am budgeting for a Sandisk Ultra SSD, it would be extremely nice to save $70 and either pocket it or upgrade something in my system. Though I don't have personal experience with SSDs, basically the majority of my friends have built PCs with them, and I've seen them in action, and frankly, I am jealous. So if you have the cash a SSD is just crucial to every build. 

I want an ssd because the very slow laptop mechanical hard drive in my computer is starting to become noticeable.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

I have a 240GB SSD myself, managed to saved up a while back. SSD should soon replace all HDD because of the price drop and speed. I would really love to have one of this to place inside my parent's entertaining PC in the living room. It is a 5 years old PC with celeron CPU in it. Which I believe an SSD would improve the speed of that PC by a ton. Last but not least that panther is pretty sexy lol

I'd like to win one of these because I have an old laptop that's on its way out. I'm planning to take some classes next quarter, and I think a new SSD could really breathe some life back into that machine. And when that laptop finally kicks the bucket, I have some desktop PCs that are still using older, very small SSDs and could use the extra storage space!

Everyone should have an SSD for the speed. It's possibly the single best bang-for-buck upgrade you can get for most systems these days.

It is finally time for everyone to actually experience the awesome speeds of the SSDs, and what better way to begin this than with the Apacer AS330 Panther SSD. #pcmasterrace #thefutureisnow #apacerpantherssd

An SSD like this could really revive my laptop and even make it more portable giving it some more time of work or game when on battery! An SSD these days is almost a must. It is smaller, more safe because is more durable if what is holding it falls down, energy saving and of course it makes your pc so much faster, specially when booting, with minimum differences on the price tag compared to the old mechanic disks.

I currently do not have an SSD because I don't have the money to buy one because they are very expensive here in India and I think that everyone should try to get an SSD for themselves because it is much faster when compared to a mechanical hard drive. I'm really hoping that I win one.

I'm new to the PC world and i'm finally about to start my build but i'm low on funds and would only be able to get a 1TB hard dive and no SSD. It would be amazing to win this and supply the new PC with a nice piece of storage equipment. Everyone should have an SSD in their build just for there OS, everyone hates waiting for their computer to boot up so having a nice SSD with the OS on it would make the process much much faster and everyone enjoys fast access to their computer.

I'm kinda new to the pc gaming scene, only getting my first real gaming rig a year or so ago.

But I've very quickly fallen in love with the art of pc building. 

The thought of having an SSD in my pc is just awesome, and I want one straight up for the speed of it. No other way to put it. lol

I'm currently using one 2tb hard drive. lol

I think everyone should have an SSD in their laptop, and I damn sure want to have one in mine, because not only is it blazingly fast to work with, it really improves the ruggedness of a mobile computer - you don't have to worry about damaging the hard drive and/or the data on it by vibrations, weird tilting, flexing the notebook too much (e.g. in transport) or other mechanical strain.

Besides, I currently have a 500GB HDD in my laptop and it's for nothing. It has only once seen a figure of free space less than 350 GB, and that was me doing a temporary backup of some videos from my desktop machine. Thus if I can have the option to swap that HDD for a smaller but so much faster and more shock-resistant SSD, i'll take it any day.

i would like one of these SSDs becuase i recently started doing a lot of game modding, and video editing, so i need something that i can move files on and off of very quickly to get work done! thanks for the giveaway! please do more

19 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Well I personally would like an ssd for my system its currently running an old 160gb hdd I would like to boost performance a lot 

I want to build a gaming pc, because my friends call me names for being a strictly console gamer.  This would be my first piece to start the build.