Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

On February 8, 2016 at 1:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

On February 8, 2016 at 1:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I'm using a mechanical hard drive with a 5400rpm, for about 5 years with my old laptop, and i am into video editing. Buying a new ssd is so expensive. Winning this would help me so much and help me saving money.

i want a new ssd because my current one is full and everyone should have one because they are fast

ssds are the best storage type for your OS, so people should always install their OS in on of these

I just brought a notebook with a mechanical hard drive and winning this would make me very happy!!

love you luke <3 

I think SSDs are a great addition to any system and I would really like to win one of these because my dad's system runs slower than a pile of whale poop (and that's even stretching it) and adding an SSD would make it much snappier and less crappy(er) (had to make it rhyme) (what's with all the parentheses) ((((()()))())())()

Hey everybody. There are a number of reasons why I believe everyone should have an SSD. Quicker Boot Times (If you are booting from it) - Who doesn't love a quicker start up? Gaming - Quicker loading and more time playing, self explanatory. Reliability - As your hardware begins to age and gets used more and more, it is more apt to fail at some point. With classic HDD it is composed of moving parts (duh) which typically means their life is much shorter than that of an SSD. SSD's are finally getting to the point of being an affordable option for all users, which I think is absolutely awesome. At the time of my most recent build I was unable to afford a sizable SSD between being a student and not being able to work as much as I would like. Having one of these SSD's would really top out my current rig and make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for doing this Linus & Crew and Apacer! <3 :D

I don't currently have an SSD, so it would be awesome to have one! I really should have splurged a little when I built this thing.

i'd like to upgrade my 128 gb ssd!

everyone should have an sdd, it speeds up the hole computer experience

I want this ssd so I can boot my os faster... And SSDs Are awesome and fast and QUIET. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I would like this drive as my current ssd is getting old and is full.

My laptop runs on a mechanical hard disk. Having had a SSD on my desktop, it's hard to use a mechanical drive.

Well you see i would like an SSD because if i could win one instead of having to save a few months to buy one that would save me so much time and money x_x #BrokeLife

wow~ i want this ~ 240gb can help my computer 

Would be an super awesome upgrade to my server, which has superslow small old drives atm...

my parents desktop pc is running so slow that it is barley usable, fresh install of windows on an ssd would be great  

Why everyone should have an SSD? Dude, Windows boots up in less than ten seconds. There's just no going back from that.

I would love a ssd. I just built a new system and my budget was too small to buy a new hard drive so I had to take one out of an old pc. The performance boost would be amazing.

I think everyone should have an SSD for their OS, so boot times are super fast. I personally want one for that as well as few load times in games, cause waiting is for losers without SSDs.

I've never had an SSD but it would be really nice to have faster boot times and faster load times for games.

everyone should have an SSD because it greatly reduces the load time for the OS and programs installed on that OS.

I have already ordered a 120GB SSD for my old laptop to make it a little snappier, but I would really like a larger capacity drive since this is the only drive in the system.  I considered ordering a 240GB SSD for it, but didn't think a 7 year old laptop was really worth a $60 SSD.

With the fact that SSDs are so cheap now and the massive boost in performance every PC that is still in use should have an SSD in it.

SSD's are a must. Even old computers benefit from the speed boost. In a laptop you get a boost in battery life especially when going from a 7200 rpm drive to an SSD. My laptop gained a noticeable amount of battery life from switching to an ssd. This is a 5+ year old laptop sporting a gen 1 i5, before the SSD I had around six hours of battery life and jumped up to around seven to eight with medium to heavy usage with the SSD. However most laptops do not have 2 batteries and weigh about 10 pounds in 12.1 inch form factor (weight MAY be an exaggeration). When upgrading/fixing pc's I will usually recommend an upgrade to an SSD, especially when facing a hard drive failure. However I will say SSD is not for everyone though, some people who either could not afford one or say their pc is just fast enough.

What will I use this for? I have a modified xbox 360 case that has an i3, 4gb of ram and a 64gb ssd. This is used for a media/emulation machine that I can bring along to a friends place, it is pretty sweet, just could always use a bit more space!