Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I would like an SSD to back up some old photos and videos on a safer drive that my family has been keeping for a while. Also with another drive, it would allow me to retire the old drive to an off location where I will have two back ups in case something unfortunate happens.

On February 7, 2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would love to win a brand new ssd to put in a new rig for my fiancé and mother in law to have a faster loading computer so i dont have to hear them complain how slow it takes to load the os or a program.

I want a SSD because I want to boot up faster and to be able to transfer files faster in my computer without wait a good amount of time. I also want the silence of the SSD and not hear the crackling of a Hard Drive.  This is also why I think everyone else should have a SSD too not just me.9_9:ph34r:

My boot drive is only a 150 GBs HDD and it's ancient, so HDD failure is possible. 

Potato computer, potato computer, potato.

my current SSD is getting a little aged. 

but as an additional info; every time someone asks why my computer is so fast i tell them an SSD. it's completely true that every computer should have an SSD. i use other people's computers without SDD's and it's become painful.

I could use an increased performance over my Linux Workstation with an SSD upgrade. 

I have 2 ssd's, however, one of them got attacked by my sisters dogs, and got a little chewed up.  it does still work however, though I am shocked that it still works.  I think that everyone should be using SSD's for stability, quieter systems, and the fact that SSD'a don't suffer from shock damage as much as traditional HDD's do.

I would love to have these ssd's because I do not have alot of money but I love computers and am trying to build my very first one. An ssd would greatly help me in my quest :)

Currently I have a 32GB SSD and at first i thought it would be a good idea to get an SSD that was just big enough for my OS but now that i think about that wasnt such a great idea and seeing this giveaway seemed like the perfect opportunity to hopefully get my hands on a bigger better SSD that would help my build out a ton. I would greatly appreciate it if you would choose me as the recipient of this nice SSD.

I could certainly use one of those SSDs. Mine current drive is a mechanical 500gb drive from some Chinese brand I've never heard of. I worry deeply about my data. An SSD will let me sleep soundly. Or... Silently. I suppose. :)

I recently filled up my main ssd and sadly don't have enough money for a new one so a free one would be fantastic.

On 8 February 2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Everybody should get an SSD, it saves sooooooo much time waiting for Windows does updates to install!

Regards,

Matthew Stratford

CPU: Intel i7 4770K  | RAM: 4X 8GB Patriot Viper @ 2133MHz | GFX: Zotac GTX 970 (ZT-90101-10P) | MB: Asrock Z97M Pro4 | PSU: Corsair CX500M

I have a venerable OCZ 120 GB SSD that I have been repurposing on my last couple builds to save a little money, but more importantly, to repurpose a functional device instead of trying to pawn it off on someone or just throwing it away. But at SATA 1.5, it really can't keep up anymore and a new SSD would really be appreciated.

I'll be straightforward - I want an SSD cause everyone says their night and day boot speeds between a normal HDD and that'd be heaven :)

On 2/8/2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Hi, I want the ssd because I am building a new PC and I am on a budget. I know ssds are really quick so I want one but they're not cheap. :)

5400 rpm drives in laptops are awfully slow, i need ssd for faster boot and less energy consumption. Also, no moving parts, vibration/fall resistance, and super silence. I also could use one to put it under my old desk cause one of its legs is shorter and it's super annoying. 

I think it would be awesome to have a new ssd in my system. The drive in my system has some age to it and small in size...(120GB) Everyone needs an ssd now days because speed. Standard mechanical drives just don't cut it anymore. They make perfectly capable systems slower then grandma's old clunker.. xD

My SSD is 120GB - and I can't put a lot of things on it - including Fallout 4, without moving a tonne of stuff around - and I don't really enjoy 3min loading screens :(
I would really enjoy a bigger, faster SSD ^^

I had two mechanical hard drives die within the last year. I can't take it anymore

It was a sad day when my OCZ SSD failed, now i'm sitting around with a 1TB seagate barracuda churning along at it's slow (in comparison) mechanical HDD speeds

i like to play the Witcher 3 a lot, so the SSD will help the loading times a lot and save the money xD

I would like to win this because I am building my first PC right now and don't have the budget to buy a SSD so if I win this then it would help me a whole lot. Thanks!