Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I feel like at this point everyone should have an ssd in their PC, but unfortunately, I don't have the money for one. My current hard drive is getting full and I'm probably going to be stuck with another HDD just because of price per GB.

Umm...well.

why I need an SSD? By Jason

because I have a new disease and its consisted of a very elaborate set of simptomes.

It's not and STD it's an SSD

1.S - sound

2.S - speed

3.D - dependability 

can you really have to many? Would love upgrade my 120G

thank you

My brother's in pain. He's currently running a pretty old system with a mechanical boot drive. I don't want my brother to suffer anymore, please help me end his suffering and reduce his boot time.

I've never had an SSD, and I would like to experience fast Windows boot up as well as some games I have to boot up quickly. Currently I only have a SATA2 HDD which is fairly slow and kind of ruins the experience of a fast computer sometimes. 

On 2/8/2016 at 11:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I want an ssd because my friend got one and I watched a file transfer over in under 20 seconds where if normally takes several minutes on my mechanical drive. Thanks for your consideration!

Everyone should use SSDs because they save power and compared to HDDs they have a longer lifetime. People throws away broken stuff and after a few weeks you can find that broken thingy in a waste dump. I'm using a hard drive at the moment. My 2nd HDD broke up a while ago and I lost lots of data :( + I can't afford a solid-state-drive at the moment because I just used A LOT of money on a new CPU and a new motherboard. I've used HDDs for my whole life!

I'd be so happy to get a solid state drive :/.

Thanks for the chance and good luck everyone!

Btw sorry for bad English.

I've got a pretty alright rig, but because I only have a hard drive my boot time and data transfer speeds are pretty bad and make my PC feel really slow. A SSD would really improve my PCs performance and how it feels.

Well I'm still running my old Q6600 Acer with its massive 2gb ddr2 ram and an old 660 SATA hd that came with the computer and a $5 gtx 260 card (found at a garage sale), The past 8 years I have maintained a 6 month cleaning schedule, and in return this computer as allowed me to do what ever i want with it as long as I am ok with long Load times mediumish graphics and the sound of the old fans about ready to give in

I have now accepted that I am in need of an upgrade and the Apacer as330 Panther would allow me to get out of the late 2000 and finally into the mid 2010's with read/write speeds that will leave my old dinosaur of a harddrive in the dust.

On 08/02/2016 at 3:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

I really need and ssd because my current windows drive (hdd) i getting slower2 idk when and i would love to win and ssd then having to buy one.Ssd's in my contry are like 200+ just for a 128gb ?

I really need and ssd because my current windows drive (hdd) i getting slower2 idk when and i would love to win and ssd then having to buy one.Ssd's in my contry are like 200+ just for a 128gb ?

Spoiler

Well, the reason I want one is like everyone else , faster PC, and they are smaller, and they have a longer lifetime than most of the HDDs average joe can buy, and I would love winning one because if I buy it myself I'll have to buy a cheap one, which is bad.Good luck to everyone. 

On 2/8/2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

My 1 tb hard drive died and I am stuck with a 246 gb hard drive from an old skybox

This September build my pc. I'm currently running an Asus a88x mobo and an 860k quad core cpu. I don't have an ssd in my system.

My friend by the way build the same one but he had the money to buy an ssd. Man.. this thing is fast. 30sec. Gta v + windows 10 + 11 programs.... It's just an very effective and pretty cheap way to boost you computer. I just hope i win one of thees.

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE

(Pls LMG keep it strong i f**** love your work i don't know how but you all have a thing that inspires me.. I just love all of you. Good luck with the Channel super fun patreon... and just be as awesome as you were since now)

My mates system is starting to get long in the tooth, so something like this would be a great boon as it would surely speed his load times considerably.

I would like an upgrade to an SSD from my caviar blue HDD. I'm the kinda guy who loves fast boot times, quick transfer speeds, incredible read/write speeds, and the like. =) I don't even utilise a fifth of a terabyte of space so 240GB is the sweet spot for me.

I Need a new SSD Because my current hard drive is starting to die and I can't afford to replace it.

I'd really enjoy this SSD cause my pc is kinda old and it would definetely improve my performance by a lot... Let's see if this time I get lucky xD Good luck to everyone!

I'm currently working on my first build. Winning this amazing Apacer SSD would allow me to either finish my build that much quicker or I may be able to upgrade a part that I've yet to buy. Also, I'm typing this on a potato, so I can't wait to see what a difference it will be upgrading to a custom PC booting on a SSD.

3 months ago my laptop died. I am almost in a position to buy a new computer and this would go a long way to help me get there as I would not need to purchase a hard-drive.

My current 120GB SSD is getting old and out of free space. It would be awesome to have a new one. Everyone should get at an SSD at least for booting up their PC. It's starting to be a standard. 

I have never had an SSD, but it should be nowadays a mandatory requirement in a PC Build as they are super damn fast and your primary boot drive should definitely be an SSD. I hope I win this to complete my build. Thanks.

I'd be really glad to win an SSD. I currently use a 240GB boot HDD and a 1TB HDD. This boot drive is really old, the loudest part in my PC i believe and needs to be upgraded.

Everyone should have ssd, it makes your system much smoother and snappier. User experience changes totally. I had no ssd in mine pc, it has i5 4670k 4 GHz and gtx 780 inside and windows felt laggy. So I gave it a shot and omg, it is like heaven. Now kids, go out and get your own ssd! 

I want a new ssd because mi curent "el cipo" ssd from adata ( a 120 adata pro ssd) it at 99.5 % full with windows and assasins creed series i have assasin's creed 1-3 instal revelations and assasin's creed unity i had to instal on my 1 tb laptop 5400 rpm sata 3 segate hardrive, Everyone should be using a ssd in ther sistem not only for ther operating sistem but for every app theat require a fast responce time and less waintig time for example rendering an arhicad designe or an afterefect designe

I'd love a new ssd, as my current one can't really hold all my games, which unfortunately means I have to stroe them on my hard drive :(. Would be awesome with lots of storage space for my games!