Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

You can never have enough SSD's I would be interested to see this ECC engine. Hoping to try it out :)

Need a boot disk for my newly built rig. 

SSD equals speed, everybody needs speed for booting PC or running games.

Hi, I want this ssd because... its free? i guess? if i win?

I like pie... I wish I could have some pie right now,

And with that pie, I WILL RULE THE WORLD!

WMA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA!

I want this ssd to give to my friend because he does not have an ssd and it would be a really awesome present for him.

the necessity of an ssd is crucial for any pc and my pessentbook pro mid 2011 needs one stat!

I got an 300GB HDD whitch is really slow and old, had the pc for more than 6 years, have been upgrading so far only the ram and gpu. Id love to be able to get this ssd because this could help me move videos i make for my channel faster, or backup some files on my Flash drives. And alao thanks for the giveaway :)

I'm just about to run out of storage and a new ssd would be great! I can't but any new games until I get another ssd. They are perfect for everything aside from cheap mass storage so I only use them in my system, unfortunately I'm always low on free space.

I'm aiming for a boot time of under 2 minutes... yes, that's how long it takes to boot from my laptop HDD. 

Need for speed!!

sic volvere parcas

Never had SSD in my life and looking at linustechtips youtube channel makes me cry everytime thinking why I'm still stuck on a 3.5 inch HDD for both OS and Files. 

On 8/2/2016 at 9:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

As of this point I do not own an SSD. As a result, it takes 2-3 minutes to boot (Win 10) and an interesting amount of time to start some applications and games. I believe that an SSD in place of my HDD is gonna help a lot

Hello LTT,

I would love to have a sad because I need one. Just bought a sausage rogg752 and even though Best Buy said on the web that it had one.... Nope. When I went back they apologized and checked all the inventories and warehouses nothing. No gaming laptops with ssds for less than 2500. So now I'm stuck. It's a sweet laptop but I could really use an ssd. Thanks for all the great vids! -Mike

I would like a 240gb SSD to go into a brand new build I will be making in May. I am quite a poor College student that currently sits on a terrible PC that takes nearly 15 minutes to boot to Windows and to boot all my files and apps. My hope is to make a neatly cable managed build to show off on these forums so I can be proud of something. I've also never had an SSD in my life... D:

Don't have an ssd at all. Bought one from a friend. Doa. Currently using a 2tb wd green as main drive for everything. 

I'm planning on buying myself new PC and I only have 125GB SSD and I would like to have more memory but I don't have enough money. SSD makes computer faster and fast computer=happy life.

I'm 13 years old and I really want an SSD and I want to have one because I only have a very slow 1TB HDD with an old pc, it takes forever to load ANYTHING and I don't have any money to buy one. Everybody should have an SSD since it speeds things up but also last longer. With an SSD I can finally experience the greatness of what everybody talks about and keep up with technology!

Thanks for the Giveaway9_9

I'm rocking the old HDD in my 17" laptop which I use for everything, and it could use the added speed of an SSD.

SSD is better at boot performance compared to regular HDD storage unit. So I don`t know why you would`t get an SSD over HDD except maybe the storage capacity. 

Cheers everyone and good luck 

I got a 1tb and 360 gb hdd if i get this ssd it would be of great help in improving the performance of the computer 

Hi LMG. I'm from South Africa and we have nowhere NEAR the tech you guys play with. Well, we could order them online and a few select shops in major cities, but the exchange rate makes it impossible to afford anything more than a Pentium 4. Ok, that might be bending the truth a bit. I have managed to save up over a period of time, but when i have enough for what i want, its old as hell and i cannot afford the latest. It would be really cool if i just for once owned something that is less than 2 years old. Thank you for all great vids. 

I shall just be honest about it, I currently have an SSD, happy with it but could use a new one as SSD's are awesome :)

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

After having so much trouble building a pc from used parts (here in Panama PC parts are expensive and not a lot of people sell old used parts) it didn't work, everything was fine but the motherboard, after some months I found an old server and tried again.. It worked, I now have an HP Proliant ML110 G4 server as a PC (the first time I build one) with 1.5GB DDR2 RAM (trying to save some money to "upgrade" to 4GB) with a Pentium D (that overheats and sometimes make the PC turn off) and a GTX480. Also a TV as a monitor.

I've only had it for a month but the HDD is old and it is starting to fail, corrupted files, Windows Update not working, OS not found sometimes. Having an SSD would GREATLY help me and save me a lot of money, these days having an SSD is essential and would be a great help with college projects too as the laptop I got for college is a HP Stream 13 (yes, the one from your budget laptops video).

It would be nice if I won one of them. I've never had one before and my PC (actually a notebook) has a similar storage size, but awkwardly slow 5400 rpm HDD, which I can barely use for my work.

I guess changing to SSD would be similar to when Chewbacca jumps to Lightspeed in the Millenium Falcon: awesome!

I would like a new ssd because my old one might've already been degraded half-way or so, and of course unlike disk drives ssd's are fast, silent, durable, slim, light-weight, cool and awesome. (proven by the experts like Linus* and Luke**)

*  citation needed :-D

** citation needed :-D

I currently do not have an SSD in my system, but I know that they bring very noticeable boosts to load/boot times. Grabbing an SSD is a good choice for an early upgrade, but I'm not able to get one anytime soon.