One click follow / un-follow checkbox

Delicieuxz

I'd like to see a one click follow / un-follow checkbox, rather than the drop-down Follow This / Following tag. The drop-down menu to specify what notifications are sent for, and how they're sent could still be used while there's a drop-down box, but if there's placed a check-box in the right-side of the Follow This / Following flag area, then the notification settings can be toggled on or off in a thread with one click. And if a person wants to adjust the manner of notifications, then they could still open the drop-down details to configure them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Should this be at the same time as current tick-box system where you can select multiple followed threads etc.? It could be simpler but I don't know if you would require one more way. You can toggle it with 1-click from threads already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The way that I engage with most is when getting a notification that new responses are in a thread I'm following, and so I go to the thread through the offered link. Then I see the conversation is moving on to something I'm not particularly interested in, and so I want to unfollow the thread. The place to do that is right in the thread, where I already am viewing. To have to go anywhere else is an unnecessary burden.

There already is a checkmark in the "Following" flag at the top of this thread. All that needs to be done is that checkmark be placed within a checkbox, and clicking on that checkbox unchecks it, and makes me not following the thread any more. That would be an efficient and convenient design.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

The way that I engage with most is when getting a notification that new responses are in a thread I'm following, and so I go to the thread through the offered link. Then I see the conversation is moving on to something I'm not particularly interested in, and so I want to unfollow the thread. The place to do that is right in the thread, where I already am viewing. To have to go anywhere else is an unnecessary burden.

There already is a checkmark in the "Following" flag at the top of this thread. All that needs to be done is that checkmark be placed within a checkbox, and clicking on that checkbox unchecks it, and makes me not following the thread any more. That would be an efficient and convenient design.

So you would like one click unfollow withing thread, not in Manage followed content. Thats good suggestion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's only two clicks though

uE1.png

and we don't really want to have too many buttons up on that top bar.

HTTP/2 203

Yes, but it takes 2.5 seconds for the menu to load the first time. It'd be quicker and more satisfying if it was one click, and didn't depend on waiting for a drop down menu to appear, is all.

39 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Yes, but it takes 2.5 seconds for the menu to load the first time. It'd be quicker and more satisfying if it was one click, and didn't depend on waiting for a drop down menu to appear, is all.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think unfollowing is frequent enough to justify its own dedicated button. Sure, everyone uses it sometimes, but I certainly don't click it very often, and I suspect most other people don't either.

HTTP/2 203