Top 5 140mm "High-Static" PWM Fans : according to you!

ClobberXD
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
6 hours ago, anandgeforce said:

Best of the best, or second best of the best! Gonna get only two of them for my H110i GTX.

Well, if you can afford them, NF-A14's are among the best. The NF-P14S has arguably better tonality but has lower performance. 

I would like to know from you guys, which are the best PWM fans for radiatiors, and cases in general. I've heard that Noctua is the best. But, too expensive. I'm looking for similarly performing cheaper alternatives to the Noctua NF-F12, but they must be 140mm fans. Please do post your opinions on your suggestions for the Top 5 140mm High-Static PWM Fans.

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

noctua

ek vardar

Venturis

those famous noise blockers

BeQuiet also makes decent ones

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

there is a lot more than just "best"

you need to decide what noise level you want, what airflow you want, what looks you want, how much you want to spend per fan, etc...

there is no such thing as one fan that is "best" at all of these

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

24 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you need to decide what noise level you want, what airflow you want, what looks you want, how much you want to spend per fan, etc...

I'd like it pretty quiet, but it's not a necessity. I want excellent cooling performance. I intend to pair 2 140mm 'High Static' fans with the H110i GTX AiO, and I'd like your recommendations for the same.

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

15 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

I'd like it pretty quiet, but it's not a necessity. I want excellent cooling performance. I intend to pair 2 140mm 'High Static' fans with the H110i GTX AiO, and I'd like your recommendations for the same.

Thanks!

NF-A14 is a great option
maybe you can find used ones for cheap?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

NF-A14 is a great option
maybe you can find used ones for cheap?

Thank you very much! It's also available in my country, although it is expensive.

BTW, is the NF-A14, a PWM fan by the way?

Nothing to see here ;)

7 hours ago, anandgeforce said:

Thank you very much! It's also available in my country, although it is expensive.

there is a PWM version i think

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Enderman said:

Looks are subjective. As for airflow, static pressure, and noise, they are are all relative to each other and and individual spec means nothing. A good ratio of the 3 would determine the best fan in this case. 

16 hours ago, anandgeforce said:

It comes in PWM, FLX, and ULN. FLX and ULN and voltage controlled with a different range of fan speeds. 
Are you asking for the best of the best or the best 140mm's for the price?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Looks are subjective. As for airflow, static pressure, and noise, they are are all relative to each other and and individual spec means nothing. A good ratio of the 3 would determine the best fan in this case. 

It comes in PWM, FLX, and ULN. FLX and ULN and voltage controlled with a different range of fan speeds. 
Are you asking for the best of the best or the best 140mm's for the price?

Best of the best, or second best of the best! Gonna get only two of them for my H110i GTX.

Nothing to see here ;)

13 hours ago, Enderman said:

there is a PWM version i think

Thank you for clarifying : I was only able to see "Noctua NF-A14 FLX" version. I shall turn towards Newegg for the PWM version!

Nothing to see here ;)

6 hours ago, anandgeforce said:

Well, if you can afford them, NF-A14's are among the best. The NF-P14S has arguably better tonality but has lower performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.