Unable to clear notifications

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
1 minute ago, anandgeforce said:

That does happen, but I would love it if there was a button in the notifications menu, that when pressed, will clear all the previously read notifications, at least from the menu!

Thanks for the support!

Ah, so you want to completely delete them, not just remove the unread marker? Maybe at some point in the future, but I don't think it would be used enough to justify the work required.

Could be because there isn't any buttons to do so. Suggestion material.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Notifications should be marked as read whenever you view them, whether using the dropdown or the full list. Does the notification count disappear when you've viewed them then refresh/load another page?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Notifications should be marked as read whenever you view them, whether using the dropdown or the full list. Does the notification count disappear when you've viewed them then refresh/load another page?

That does happen, but I would love it if there was a button in the notifications menu, that when pressed, will clear all the previously read notifications, at least from the menu!

Thanks for the support!

Nothing to see here ;)

1 minute ago, anandgeforce said:

Thanks for the support!

Ah, so you want to completely delete them, not just remove the unread marker? Maybe at some point in the future, but I don't think it would be used enough to justify the work required.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Yes, that's exactly what I would like. The more notifications that show up in the menu, the longer it will take to load the menu. For me, it has even taken more than 5 seconds once!

Nothing to see here ;)

3 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

Yes, that's exactly what I would like. The more notifications that show up in the menu, the longer it will take to load the menu. For me, it has even taken more than 5 seconds once!

The number of notifications should have a negligible impact on the loading time of the list - the bottlenecks are elsewhere in the process.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The number of notifications should have a negligible impact on the loading time of the list - the bottlenecks are elsewhere in the process.

That is also true : my current system is very basic...

Nothing to see here ;)

42 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

That is also true : my current system is very basic...

The bottlenecks are mostly server side, not client side, though that won't help things.

HTTP/2 203