Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jewishdolphins

What is the best way to learn python coding for beginners?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

What is the best way to learn python coding? I need a video series or website that is able to give a really long, good, stupid proof explanation of how to learn python coding. I just want to get interested in coding. I get kind of tired sometimes when i code a lot but see no product at all. So if you know any great sites or videos i can see where i can learn and apply python coding, that would be awesome!:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Learn Python The Hard Way gets a lot of praise. There is a book you can purchase, and you can read it online for free. Codecademy also has a python course that will give you the very basics on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend Codecademy. It's free & will get your started off in python. I like it because it teaching something and then you immediately get to apply it and try it out right away. If you're stuck it'll give you hints. Their courses actually go fairly in depth although I haven't finished one yet. I remember after I finished my first chapter I thought I learned a lot, & thought that was most of the course for that language...welp turns out it was only 1 of like 13 chapters lol. 

 

After you get a feel for your language of choice and are familiar with it, you can pick up books & very easily understand the concepts & it's not like reading a foreign language when you pick up a more advanced book to continue your education. I think that website is a great kick starter, it was for me.


Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jewishdolphins said:

What is the best way to learn python coding? I need a video series or website that is able to give a really long, good, stupid proof explanation of how to learn python coding. I just want to get interested in coding. I get kind of tired sometimes when i code a lot but see no product at all. So if you know any great sites or videos i can see where i can learn and apply python coding, that would be awesome!:D

codecademy.com

Learn Python the Hard Way

TheNewBoston's Python tutorial on youtube

 

3 great options. See what works for you, everyone learns differently


CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend the official Python guide, it's quite long but you can learn a lot with it: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/appetite.html

Codecademy sucks for many reasons... I think I will make a topic about it, lol. It does especially with Python since it teaches you the outdated Python 2, which IMHO shouldn't be anyone's default version of Python.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gachr said:

I'd recommend the official Python guide, it's quite long but you can learn a lot with it: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/appetite.html

Codecademy sucks for many reasons... I think I will make a topic about it, lol. It does especially with Python since it teaches you the outdated Python 2, which IMHO shouldn't be anyone's default version of Python.

 

I still use Python 2.7. It's the version that comes pre-installed on quite a few OSes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

I still use Python 2.7. It's the version that comes pre-installed on quite a few OSes.

I want people to upgrade to Python 3, since 2 is becoming obsolete and is blocking development of the language. What do you mean by pre-installed...? It's just taken as a dependency, since lots of Linux software uses it. For Ubuntu, Python 3 was also installed for me by default. Distros are actually switching to Python 3 by default (Arch, Ubuntu announced from 16.04).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×