Everyone's feelings towards Windows Vista

Joshua

post-6374-0-99504200-1378654504.jpg

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I have never actually used it.

I've seen other people use it, and that was already too much. All I had to do was hold out and wait for the next OS  :P

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I feel that Vista was a weird concept thing that had some problems but got better like Windows 8 is gonna be with the .1 update. The amount of RAM the OS used was also somewhat high for that time so the performance was not that good.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

In my opinion anything before Windows 7 is horrible...

XP is still one of the best OS's out there, runs great on old hardware and is crazy stable.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

XP is still one of the best OS's out there, runs great on old hardware and is crazy stable.

going all the way back to windows 3.1 I have to say the best experience i had is the XP days. Never had an issue with anything. solid as a rock. Vista was.. well doable but i uninstalled it and went with xp pro again untill windows 7. 

MY dads pentium with 3GB of ram runs this previously infected OS that he refuses to let me even reinstall vista.... The thing is screwed up and slow.

It's not THAT bad.....

I just don't use it. It's still better than windows 8 to me :)

WHAT. This is just blind hatred I guess.

I like 7 more than 8. But 8 isn't bad, it's pretty damn good actually.

EDIT: Never used it, jumped straight from Windows XP to Windows 7.

Never used it, jumped straight from Windows XP to Windows.

Wow!  :P

I don't get this hate for Vista, back when it was launched, there were, inevitably, some teething issues that needed to be sorted out. On a whole, I was displeased with it, I recall running a pair of HD2900XT's followed by a pair of HD3870 X2's with Vista and NOT having any real issues, other than ATi needing a little time to get its drivers right.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I feel like Vista isn't that bad, its actually fairly good. It's just that Windows 7 Overshadowed it.

904970-bigthumbnail.jpg

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

BLUESCREENS CRASHES

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

But looks like a lump of crap that has been tossed around, mushed up and then served on a plate....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D