Missing tastkbar buttons and other problems

Go to solution Solved by D4RK,
1 minute ago, gorillacowman said:

I've never created a restore point.

And the mods and game are not on my c drive would that make a difference for their affect on the system?

the windows create restore points from time to time, when u install some programs. now as for the effect, u normally just to a restore point thats on a date that u knew the pc was working fine on or before. try it, if it doesnt work then u will have to clean install.

Sorry in advance for the length of the post.

List of issues

• All icons missing from taskbar including the clock and keyboard language switcher
  • Cannot open start menu (have tried windows key and taskbar button)
  • Taskbar is still visible over fullscreen webcontent.
    • Have tested fullscreen videos on youtube vessel facebook, and fullscreen website in chrome.
    • Does not affect games tested assassins creed 4 and just cause 2
  • Alt-Tab is in windows classic theme.
  • Aero peak previews desktop when I hover over it, but does not switch to desktop when I click
  • While trying to solve issues, I clicked on the button to customise the notication area int the taskbar proderties. And got this error message.
    •  
      Spoiler

LdBwnxq.png

• Audio and video playback periodically stops.
    • Tested on youtube, vessel, facebook and in spotify.
    • When I tried to play the content both youtube and spotify spat out error messages (see image section at end). Vessel and facebook just continue trying to load the videos to no avail.

What I've done

• Rebooted 
  • Tried restarting windows explorer
  • Ran a virus scan through avast which found nothing. 
  • Ran second scan through malware bytes which found one piece of malware.
    •  ocAVl2F.png

System info

• Windows 10 64bit
  • Intel e3 1231 v3
  • Asrock h97 annivesary
  • Zotac gtx 970
  • 16gb of ram
  • 256gb adata ssd
  • 2tb seagete hdd
  • 500w evga psu

The problems started right after I installed a bunch of mods for skyrim. The mods were all from nexus.

Images

Spoiler

My taskbar

iWS2dwF.png

Youtube error message

n9m1x7u.png

Spotify error message

2gWoODR.png

Thanks 

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

Err, clean install?

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

2 minutes ago, VinsinityKT said:

Err, clean install?

I am afraid it might come to that.

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

Just now, gorillacowman said:

I am afraid it might come to that.

The thing is, you have a lot of problems and if this happened to me, I would take the easy path and clean install everything and go from there. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

14 minutes ago, gorillacowman said:

snip

do a system restore to a date before u installed the mods.

1 minute ago, D4RK said:

do a system restore to a date before u installed the mods.

And the mods and game are not on my c drive would that make a difference for their affect on the system?

6 minutes ago, VinsinityKT said:

The thing is, you have a lot of problems and if this happened to me, I would take the easy path and clean install everything and go from there. 

I'm just clinging to the tiny chance might present an even easier way out.

the windows create restore points from time to time, when u install some programs. now as for the effect, u normally just to a restore point thats on a date that u knew the pc was working fine on or before. try it, if it doesnt work then u will have to clean install.

18 minutes ago, D4RK said:

I'll try that now

24 minutes ago, D4RK said:

The issues dissapeard even though I got an error message saying that the restore failed.

The issues dissapeard even though I got an error message saying that the restore failed.

ya sometimes that happen, you get "restore failed" message yet the problems get fixed. check to see all of them are fixed, if u need to do system restore again, true to go in safe mode then disable your antivirus if u have 1, then do the system restore.

if all your problems are fixed then u are fine i guess, i had that few times before on windows 7, never tried win 10 so cant tell u 100%.