What white led fan can i use to replace my 212x fan with?

jackson6643

Looking to replace the fan that came with my 212x.

can the corsair AF120 work?

I got a black and white fan if your interested. It came with my deepcool tesseract. It's 120mm, has a black frame, and a solid white fan. Sounds exactly like what your looking for.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Just now, Tmt97 said:

I got a black and white fan if your interested. It came with my deepcool tesseract. It's 120mm, has a black frame, and a solid white fan. Sounds exactly like what your looking for.

i am based in singapore so yeah..

11 minutes ago, jackson6643 said:

i am based in singapore so yeah..

I'll load my carrier pidgeon. xD

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Any 120mm fan will fit, so yes, an AF120 will work fine. But, for a CPU cooler, I'd recommend a static-pressure optimized fan. So, I'd get the SP-120 instead.

I used to be quite active here.

3 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Any 120mm fan will fit, so yes, an AF120 will work fine. But, for a CPU cooler, I'd recommend a static-pressure optimized fan. So, I'd get the SP-120 instead.

Should i get 120mm or 140mm fans?

Thank you for your help!

1 minute ago, jackson6643 said:

Should i get 120mm or 140mm fans?

Thank you for your help!

Buy 120mm, 140mm fans don't fit on the Hyper 212.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Buy 120mm, 140mm fans don't fit on the Hyper 212.

Alright, i searched it up there seems to be two versions the high performance one and the not high performance one. Which should i get? 

i am thinking of getting a twin pack and running one in front of my arc midi r2 case.

11 minutes ago, jackson6643 said:

Alright, i searched it up there seems to be two versions the high performance one and the not high performance one. Which should i get? 

i am thinking of getting a twin pack and running one in front of my arc midi r2 case.

There's 3 versions, actually.

The basic one (with white LED): http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-led-white-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

Then there's the SP120 Performance and Silent edition: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-pwm-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-fan

I would go with Performance or Silent. The reason is that the Performance/Silent use a 4-pin PWM controller, and the regular ones use 3-pin. PWM is better because the fan will only go as fast as it needs to go, it'll go faster under full load, and slower under light load. A 3-pin can only be controlled by voltage changes, and by default it runs at full speed (not quiet.) Also consider offerings from Noctua and Cooler Master. I'd also recommend the Noctua NF-F12 PWM, and the Cooler Master Silencio FP-120 PWM. No LED's, but performance and quietness.

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

There's 3 versions, actually.

The basic one (with white LED): http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-led-white-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

Then there's the SP120 Performance and Silent edition: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-sp120-pwm-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-fan

I would go with Performance or Silent. The reason is that the Performance/Silent use a 4-pin PWM controller, and the regular ones use 3-pin. PWM is better because the fan will only go as fast as it needs to go, it'll go faster under full load, and slower under light load. A 3-pin can only be controlled by voltage changes, and by default it runs at full speed (not quiet.) Also consider offerings from Noctua and Cooler Master. I'd also recommend the Noctua NF-F12 PWM, and the Cooler Master Silencio FP-120 PWM. No LED's, but performance and quietness.

Thanks! i am looking for those with leds. So basically only two versions? Since the performance one is the silent one as well. I can control my fan speed on my asus bios from my z170a board if i am not wrong. Can't seem to find the silent one with white led, could ya link me to it?

Thanks again!

Just now, jackson6643 said:

Thanks! i am looking for those with leds. So basically only two versions? Since the performance one is the silent one as well. I can control my fan speed on my asus bios from my z170a board if i am not wrong.

Actually the performance and silent are different SKU's. The Performance have a max speed of 2350 RPM (fast and loud, I would know, I've owned them) and the Quiet have a max speed of 1450 RPM. RPM/airflow/pressure is their only difference though, they look the same.

The Performance and Quiet editions do not have LED's on them, only the standard ones do. But, do you really need LED's on your case/CPU cooler? I did before, then I got sick of it and replaced them with nice, no LED fans.

And yes, you can control voltages with your Z170a motherboard. I don't know how, I've never tried it, but you can. With PWM versions you can control RPM better, and with 3-pin you're stuck to strict voltage changing.

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

Actually the performance and silent are different SKU's. The Performance have a max speed of 2350 RPM (fast and loud, I would know, I've owned them) and the Quiet have a max speed of 1450 RPM. RPM/airflow/pressure is their only difference though, they look the same.

The Performance and Quiet editions do not have LED's on them, only the standard ones do. But, do you really need LED's on your case/CPU cooler? I did before, then I got sick of it and replaced them with nice, no LED fans.

And yes, you can control voltages with your Z170a motherboard. I don't know how, I've never tried it, but you can. With PWM versions you can control RPM better, and with 3-pin you're stuck to strict voltage changing.

My smoked window causes the inside of my rig to look really dark, hoping a led fan would do the trick. Or should i change my case fans to led fans and get a SP120 for my 212x.

23 minutes ago, jackson6643 said:

My smoked window causes the inside of my rig to look really dark, hoping a led fan would do the trick. Or should i change my case fans to led fans and get a SP120 for my 212x.

The thing about LED fans is they don't produce tons of light, and when it's on your CPU cooler (or the back of your case,) the LED's tend to shine in your eyes. That's why I replaced my fans, because the LED's were too obnoxious. If you want good LED case lighting, I'd get an LED case strip. Simple white ones are cheap, and they produce lots of light. Stick those to your case to really light it up. You'd be spending more over all, but it would look better, be lit better, and (if you get nice fans) cool better. That's my two cents.

17 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

The thing about LED fans is they don't produce tons of light, and when it's on your CPU cooler (or the back of your case,) the LED's tend to shine in your eyes. That's why I replaced my fans, because the LED's were too obnoxious. If you want good LED case lighting, I'd get an LED case strip. Simple white ones are cheap, and they produce lots of light. Stick those to your case to really light it up. You'd be spending more over all, but it would look better, be lit better, and (if you get nice fans) cool better. That's my two cents.

Alright thanks. Could you recommend me some led strips? The led fans looked cool to me that's why, Guess i won't be changing my fractal fans, do you think i should change the fan that came with my 212x?

Just now, jackson6643 said:

Alright thanks. Could you recommend me some led strips? The led fans looked cool to me that's why, Guess i won't be changing my fractal fans, do you think i should change the fan that came with my 212x?

Sure, the fan on the 212x isn't that great.

I don't know where you'll order from, but I found some good value LED case strips on Newegg.com/global/sg: http://www.newegg.com/global/sg/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999261&cm_re=LED_strip-_-11-999-261-_-Product

White, 30cm, $22. A bit expensive, but I had a tough time finding them in Singapore other than on Newegg.

7 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Sure, the fan on the 212x isn't that great.

I don't know where you'll order from, but I found some good value LED case strips on Newegg.com/global/sg: http://www.newegg.com/global/sg/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999261&cm_re=LED_strip-_-11-999-261-_-Product

White, 30cm, $22. A bit expensive, but I had a tough time finding them in Singapore other than on Newegg.

Thanks i can order from amazon as well. Which fans would you recommend for my heatsink if i do not care about the led?

If they don't have to be LED, I'd recommend something like the Noctua NF-F12 PWM. I have one on my own Hyper 212, and it's great. Good temps, never gets too loud.

Other options are those SP-120 Quiet PWM editions from Corsair, since the Performance are too loud.

There's also Cooler Master Silencio,

Be Quiet! Pure Wings, Shadow Wings, and Silent Wings 2 PWM. 

11 hours ago, Kobathor said:

If they don't have to be LED, I'd recommend something like the Noctua NF-F12 PWM. I have one on my own Hyper 212, and it's great. Good temps, never gets too loud.

Other options are those SP-120 Quiet PWM editions from Corsair, since the Performance are too loud.

There's also Cooler Master Silencio,

Be Quiet! Pure Wings, Shadow Wings, and Silent Wings 2 PWM. 

Should i get the performance or quiet ones?

56 minutes ago, jackson6643 said:

Should i get the performance or quiet ones?

I used the Performance before I got my Noctua fans, and I actually returned them because they're way too loud. Quiet ones would be fine. 

1 hour ago, Kobathor said:

I used the Performance before I got my Noctua fans, and I actually returned them because they're way too loud. Quiet ones would be fine. 

Alright thanks i will place an order for one. Thanks for the help!

14 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Couldn't you just set the performance ones to run at a lower rpm? Seems like it would be nice to have the extra if needed.