H440 Glass side panel :D

clementk

I did full acrylic window once. But acrylic is even worse for scratches :S

• 4 months later...

I'm planning to do this mod with my fractal define mini c.. Just wondering on how the magnetic tape is holding up? How heavy is the glass?

20 hours ago, ck_13 said:

I'm planning to do this mod with my fractal define mini c.. Just wondering on how the magnetic tape is holding up? How heavy is the glass?

it was working well for a bit but then i got frustrated so I just used m3 tape xD

Needs Update

• 3 months later...

Hey i just found this thread and was wondering what you thought of this:

This glass:

https://www.storesupply.com/pc-12928-1123-12-x-16-x-316-tempered-glass-panels-67113.aspx?adgroupid=39091520617&product_id=12928&gclid=CjwKCAiAz-7UBRBAEiwAVrz-9TBDfYadqqADR369W0FFZ1IyFJ_2JSnQwFVJYZMy3EUnyeTP2yPMTBoCYVgQAvD_BwE

With this magnetic tape:

https://www.amazon.com/Strongman-Tools-Magnetic-MAGNETIC-Adhesive/dp/B06XDBWQ2W/ref=sr_1_8?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1520171661&sr=1-8&keywords=magnetic+tape

Is 2mm thickness about right for what is needed ya think? Thats the thickest tape i could find and it has good reviews, i love this H440 but hate the acrylic.....i even bought a replacement window from mnpctech but it scratched on me lol.

you can try it but at the end i just ended up going with some mirror tape as the magnetic tape was not good enough but mine was cheap xD 
And just make sure that if you do it that you can still close the case with the glass in place because the back fan can get in the way if there is not enough room.

Needs Update

I see, this glass may be too thick then......didnt think about the rear fan lol. 

Glass is only 7 dollars and change after shipping so i may just buy it and see :)

If you use a 120 mm fan at the back it will be fine just the 140 mm fan is a problem 

Needs Update