Best Price Vs. Performance 1080p Montitor for Gaming / Video Editing?

Axeonelite

I am needing to get a new monitor soon for my setup. I am currently running 2 Monitors 1 HP and 1 Dell, Both 21 inches and 1440 x 900 resolution. I am wanting a 1080p monitor because it's what I have been used to in the past and I would like to see all the resolution of my videos as well. I record some games in Fraps and edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015. I am not that big into editing colors and such when I do my editing but I want the image to be clean and the contrast/brightness to be high. I want it to look good for me when I am gaming. 

If anyone has some suggestions that would be great. 

144 Hz would be nice but not required by any means.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

If you want a high contrast monitor, VA is the way to go. VA typically gets 4000:1-5000:1 ratios while IPS and TN are all 1000:1

It makes it far superior for movies and content like that, everything is just richer, blacks are deeper, all dark colors are deeper.

Downside is it has slower pixel transitions with certain shades in comparison to IPS and TN, though there's a few VA monitors that are actually faster than their IPS competitors.

As far as I know the only 144hz VA monitors are the BenQ XR3501 and Acer Z35, which are very expensive because of that and their size (also 2560x1080).

I wouldn't recommend 1080p at anything above like 26", so if I'm to recommend a 1080p VA under that is recent and relevant there's the BenQ GW2470H (I use it) and the Samsung S24E510C. Those both have as far as I know the only 1920x1080 VA panels under 27" released in 2015.

The GW2470H actually uses an AUO panel which is found in likely most if not all of the recent 24" BenQ VA panels, Iiyama also uses it in one of their monitors and there may be others.

AUO sends their stuff out to many, where Samsung only usually puts their panels in their own monitors.

Otherwise you have about a million IPS options, and just avoid TN unless you really want that high refresh rate at a cheap price.

My GW2470H is overclocked to 73hz which isn't even that great, but that's always a possible option if you want a higher refresh rate. YMMV.

Since it sounds like your on a bit of a budget, I think your best option is the Asus VG248QE. It had terrible contrast, but it will give you 144hz, although, I doubt your GTX will be able to push over 60FPS. If your used to a high quality picture, go with an IPS panel, but you won't get high refresh rates.

Since it sounds like your on a bit of a budget, I think your best option is the Asus VG248QE. It had terrible contrast, but it will give you 144hz, although, I doubt your GTX will be able to push over 60FPS. If your used to a high quality picture, go with an IPS panel, but you won't get high refresh rates.

Well I mainly play League of Legends and that's why I want the extra refresh rate because I can push out 250 fps on that. Other last gen AAA games (such as the witcher 2, Dark souls 2, Titanfall, & battlefield 3) I can still run at stable 60 no problem

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC