Fallout 4 Worth it?

Knaj

Worth it even though I got mine cheaper than that pricing. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

If you like open world games or played other fallout titles and enjoyed them then yes, though if you have already played a fallout its sorta of the same thing, but has more of an fps vibe. I personally enjoyed it and it was worth the money. I preordered it and the dlc and the modding community is growing massively. cant wait to see whats gonna get created

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

10 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Well, it's now for $40 on steam

Worth it?

Fallout 4 is more than worth it. I paid full price but after playing it for a couple days If they jacked the price up to 100$ I would still buy it. It is one of the best modern games I have played. By modern I mean the newer consoles. I dont even consider myself a gamer anymore because the games being produced now are just for money. They produce shit with a quick turnaround and remake the game they just made but with a different Tshirt for my character. I think that DLCs are the worst thing that ever happened to video games. Look at Destiny, its a fun game but you have to buy 3 DLC packets just to get the full game and its filled with glitches that can be cheated and it wasn't a full game when it released. So Yes Fallout 4 is a full game that has tons to do and is extremely fun. I highly recommend this game.

I've completed the story with 2 characters, started a new character yesterday so I could do the 3rd quest line. It's a very fun game. But, to enjoy it the most, I'd have a beefy computer.

I used to be quite active here.

18 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Well, it's now for $40 on steam

Worth it?

If you are like me and not played any Fallout games before... start with New Vegas.  It is much easier on your hardware and your wallet.  I had fun playing it.

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

I've completed the story with 2 characters, started a new character yesterday so I could do the 3rd quest line. It's a very fun game. But, to enjoy it the most, I'd have a beefy computer.

Yes have an awesome Computer. It will make it even better. But if you have 1080p 60fps its still awesome. Im lower than 60fps on 3440x1440 at medium to high settings with a gtx 980. No lag or screentear that I notice. but its a fun game. listen to what Kobathor is saying. This man or woman? has knowledge. What are the multiple story lines? are you talking about minutemen, BOS, and other quest?

4 minutes ago, jpow007 said:

Yes have an awesome Computer. It will make it even better. But if you have 1080p 60fps its still awesome. Im lower than 60fps on 3440x1440 at medium to high settings with a gtx 980. No lag or screentear that I notice. but its a fun game. listen to what Kobathor is saying. This man or woman? has knowledge. What are the multiple story lines? are you talking about minutemen, BOS, and other quest?

Spoiler

I meant the Institute, BoS, and The Railroad. I've already completed siding with The Institute, siding with The Railroad, and now I started a character to side with The BoS. Other than destroying The Institute, Minuteman questline ends pretty quickly.

^^^Read that for what i mean, it's kinda spoilers I guess? Click the "Click to read hidden contents," that's what spoilers do.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:
  Hide contents

I meant the Institute, BoS, and The Railroad. I've already completed siding with The Institute, siding with The Railroad, and now I started a character to side with The BoS. Other than destroying The Institute, Minuteman questline ends pretty quickly.

Read that for what i mean, it's kinda spoilers I guess?

Ok cool I think I finished the main story quest for the minutemen now I just do little side quests.

It depends on what you are looking for.

If you like crafting, settlement building and management, exploration for the fun of it and would prefer an even more polished gameplay experience with combat than previous entries, yes. You will enjoy Fallout 4.

If you are looking for fleshed out characters, dialogue choices, good storytelling, unique side quests, the ending slideshow, the general atmosphere of fallout and your choices mattering, you will not like Fallout 4 by comparison.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Hell Yes.

Its a more Action Based Game this Time. Less RPG in Case of Consequenzes and Dialog. But awesome Gunplay, Craftingsystem and Exploring. The Worldsize is smaller, but there are more Locations.

The Settlement is Fun and i have build alot, but there is no real benefit. You dont need money in the Game, so the shops you can build are useless in my Eyes.

Overall FO4 is a very good Game and worth every penny. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

35 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Hell Yes.

Its a more Action Based Game this Time. Less RPG in Case of Consequenzes and Dialog. But awesome Gunplay, Craftingsystem and Exploring. The Worldsize is smaller, but there are more Locations.

The Settlement is Fun and i have build alot, but there is no real benefit. You dont need money in the Game, so the shops you can build are useless in my Eyes.

Overall FO4 is a very good Game and worth every penny. 

What do you do with settlements?

I used G.E.C.K. in New Vegas and spent 100+ hours making an underground bunker.  I personally love doing that stuff (which is why I don't download the much nicer ones from the Nexus).

How have they integrated the building part into the gameplay/economy of the game.

Get it off cd keys.com

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

48 minutes ago, stconquest said:

What do you do with settlements?

I used G.E.C.K. in New Vegas and spent 100+ hours making an underground bunker.  I personally love doing that stuff (which is why I don't download the much nicer ones from the Nexus).

How have they integrated the building part into the gameplay/economy of the game.

Well, it seems a bit rushed sometimes, but overall its Fun. But it has no impact on the Story what so ever. The World around isnt impact either. Its just a fun "Lego" Feature which get attacked sometimes. If you like build things, you can spend dozens of hours with that. I made my Settlemnts fortresses, with Defense Turrets, Baricades and Manpower.

I build alot of stuff inside the Settlements, made Tradingrouts and change the Buildings and "Insides" alot , till i liked it :P

Here some older Scvreenshots of some Settlements i´ve build.

2015-11-26_00001.jpg

2015-11-25_00014.jpg

2015-11-26_00022.jpg

2015-11-20_00011.jpg

2015-12-16_00003.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

40 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Well, it seems a bit rushed sometimes, but overall its Fun. But it has no impact on the Story what so ever. The World around isnt impact either. Its just a fun "Lego" Feature which get attacked sometimes. If you like build things, you can spend dozens of hours with that. I made my Settlemnts fortresses, with Defense Turrets, Baricades and Manpower.

I build alot of stuff inside the Settlements, made Tradingrouts and change the Buildings and "Insides" alot , till i liked it :P

Here some older Screenshots of some Settlements i´ve build.

I was hoping that NPCs would maybe come and ask to live with you and stuff.  I believe this feature was inspired by a FO3/FONV mod:  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36922/?

Yeah I will have fun with that (settlements) one day.

So we are showing off now too, huh?  =P

My base:

Spoiler

Kitchen, armory and my companions:

ZRXl3EA.jpg

A man's gotta eat, indoor farm:

Ri86I9X.jpg

One of nine bedrooms, I only need one bed but I build the extra to make it feel real:

SbN9h8Q.jpg

Infirmary:

Lc6ReOP.jpg

Recreation and Workbenches (crafting) in the distance (left side/upper):

lnjNZqm.jpg

Close up of my avatar:

0zgJRCA.jpg

49 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I was hoping that NPCs would maybe come and ask to live with you and stuff.  I believe this feature was inspired by a FO3/FONV mod:  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36922/?

Yeah I will have fun with that (settlements) one day.

So we are showing off now too, huh?  =P

My base:

Hidden Content

People will come and live in your Settlements.

Just now, Praesi said:

People will come and live in your Settlements.

Awesome, that is what I imagined.  That add to the immersion.

Just now, stconquest said:

Awesome, that is what I imagined.  That add to the immersion.

There are Perks you have to learn tho. You will see it. 

Just now, Praesi said:

There are Perks you have to learn tho. You will see it. 

I had to mod FONV to get that feeling:  "Unlimited companions".  Just to fill up the base a bit.  I was okay living out of a single hotel room.

I am still a ways off of FO4.  Just finishing the first of four DLCs.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I had to mod FONV to get that feeling:  "Unlimited companions".  Just to fill up the base a bit.  I was okay living out of a single hotel room.

I am still a ways off of FO4.  Just finishing the first of four DLCs.

You can give your "citizens" orders. Man a Guardpost, work on the Farm (you can grow eat ect.) or gather scrap. The Settlements can only have a certan Number of citizens, depending on your Charisma Level. Maybe there are Mods that delete that Limit. I dont know. I started late with this stuff. Maybe when i was ~100h into the Game.