Retro Face Off Part 1 PS1 vs Sega Saturn vs N64

LokiFire

Please stick to the forum COC and also have fun, banter is allowed but as i said stay to the COC.

I enjoyed each of these console, Saturn the least as well it had the least games and it had a shorter life.

Just after the Mega Drive II we had a Saturn, i remember experiencing Tomb Raider and Resident Evil for the very first time on this machine.

For the Saturn i only kept Resident Evil as it is the most feature rich version, see video below.

PS1 did graphics better with triangles IMO... quads just did not look great and sprites were far worse on the SEGA console.

The Nintendo 64 i hold in my own heart as a very different beast, sporting smooth graphics with most of the time horrendous frame rates.. but back then i was a kid and did not know what FPS was.

Turok 1 & 2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Pilot Wings, Banjo Kazooie & last but not least Formular 1 Grand Prix are my most memorable experiences, and boy were they good.

Playstation gave me the sequels to Resident Evil and new franchises - Parasite Eve and Gran Turismo.

We also got Tony Hawk's games, WWF Smack Down, and Tekken.... the Playstation to me was an overall well rounded machine with a very reliable experience, you could say it had terrible graphics, but vs the N64 it had it's very own strengths in regards to graphics, it had a sharper image almost all the time and framerates were kept in check.

The PS1 was the longest experience i had, i still today play Saturn, PS1 & N64 with real hardware, they are never to be thrown away, that would be impossible.

Share your story and what you make of this retro face off :)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

PS1 and N64 are pretty much equal for me, but Saturn is in a far last place.

PS1 and N64 just had so many good (exclusive) games. PS1 did have CD which has nicer sound and more storage space, but still many games came on multiple discs.. so it wasn't even properly used. PS1 did have memory cards which was cool!

But as a huge Nintendo fan, the exclusives on the N64 are just 2good5me. Games like Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Pokémon Stadium, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and the list goes on and on..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/