PC crashes 20 mins into playing games!

Spraticus

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue where my PC stops displaying my screens about 20 mins into playing a game.

I had the motherboard replaced the other day as it was broken, fitted all started up new and well, then when I started to play Counter Strike GO low and behold 20 mins in it crashed.

I can still here my teamspeak when this happens and all other ingame sounds. I can use the PC for everything other than playing games and it doesn't crash.

I've uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them but still the same thing, it lasts a bit longer now before doing it but still happens.

Any Ideas on what could be causing this? Not sure if it is the GFX Card or the PSU maybe causing the issue. Or if it is a software issue.

GFX Card : GeForce 660Ti GTX

PSU: CoolerMaster 650W

Thanks

Spraticus

Check which applications are running in the background. Perhaps something is popping up occasionally. 

Does any other game do this? 

That PSU is meh. Could be overheating on the GPU. Would check that with something like MSI afterburner while playing games before it shuts down. If that is the issue I would repaste it like in this video here.

Just now, DaltonM said:

Check which applications are running in the background. Perhaps something is popping up occasionally. 

Does any other game do this? 

The only other things I have been running in the background are TeamSpeak, Steam & Sometimes Spotify.

It does it will all games so far. Rocket League being the most tested one.

1 minute ago, beach_boy98 said:

That PSU is meh. Could be overheating on the GPU. Would check that with something like MSI afterburner while playing games before it shuts down. If that is the issue I would repaste it like in this video here.

I have used this PSU for over a year now (Xmas Past), and have had no issues up until now :(

1 minute ago, Spraticus said:

The only other things I have been running in the background are TeamSpeak, Steam & Sometimes Spotify.

It does it will all games so far. Rocket League being the most tested one.

Check your task manager and processes, perhaps its a background process. Look up how to disable start up applications for your OS and disable things you never use. Google a few if you don't know they are. 

Just now, Spraticus said:

I have used this PSU for over a year now (Xmas Past), and have had no issues up until now :(

Its unlikely but rule out GPU overheating first.

5 minutes ago, Spraticus said:

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue where my PC stops displaying my screens about 20 mins into playing a game.

I had the motherboard replaced the other day as it was broken, fitted all started up new and well, then when I started to play Counter Strike GO low and behold 20 mins in it crashed.

I can still here my teamspeak when this happens and all other ingame sounds. I can use the PC for everything other than playing games and it doesn't crash.

I've uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them but still the same thing, it lasts a bit longer now before doing it but still happens.

Any Ideas on what could be causing this? Not sure if it is the GFX Card or the PSU maybe causing the issue. Or if it is a software issue.

Thanks

Spraticus

Download MSI Afterburner and check temps 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Just now, DaltonM said:

Check your task manager and processes, perhaps its a background process. Look up how to disable start up applications for your OS and disable things you never use. Google a few if you don't know they are. 

I have done this already unfortunatly, I have basically nothing on startup, just antivirus and Razer Synapse

Do you have access to any other video card? if so please try it with that one, also try this card on another system if you can! try running onboard and see if this happens! let us know!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

3 minutes ago, Umeshwarnath said:

Do you have access to any other video card? if so please try it with that one, also try this card on another system if you can! try running onboard and see if this happens! let us know!

No i dont have access to another card unfortunately, nor another system to try it on.Shall try onboard.

9 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Download MSI Afterburner and check temps 

Have done this, goes nowhere above 40 degrees celcius.

16 minutes ago, Spraticus said:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Spraticus

Did your game lagged alot before it crashed? If so CSGO you might have hit F2, so quickly open console then hit F9 to stop recording. It lags my game and crashes my pc.

1 minute ago, ReesZRB said:

Did your game lagged alot before it crashed? If so CSGO you might have hit F2, so quickly open console then hit F9 to stop recording. It lags my game and crashes my pc.

No lag before crash, it stutters before it crashes but no lag to speak off. The stutter inclueds the screens going instantly black then i can hear everything sound wise

1 minute ago, Spraticus said:

No lag before crash, it stutters before it crashes but no lag to speak off. The stutter inclueds the screens going instantly black then i can hear everything sound wise

Well I have no idea.

!!! UPDATE !!!

I have tried playing the game without the card installed playing off of the GFX on the mobo, worked fine with no crashes.

Does this mean it is most likely the GFX card?

On 2/5/2016 at 11:32 PM, Spraticus said:

!!! UPDATE !!!

I have tried playing the game without the card installed playing off of the GFX on the mobo, worked fine with no crashes.

Does this mean it is most likely the GFX card?

Yes. Try an RMA. Altough make sure it is not down to software like drivers.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510