Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keudn

Error 53 bricks iPhone 6 after updating to iOS9 if it has been repaired by a 3rd Party

Wow, poor job OP as this is only half the story. First correct your title that this is only in the case of touch ID enabled home button. Second apple has acknowledged the issue and this is what they say

Quote

We protect fingerprint data using a secure enclave, which is uniquely paired to the Touch ID sensor. When iPhone is serviced by an authorised Apple service provider or Apple retail store for changes that affect the touch ID sensor, the pairing is re-validated. This check ensures the device and the iOS features related to touch ID remain secure. Without this unique pairing, a malicious touch ID sensor could be substituted, thereby gaining access to the secure enclave. When iOS detects that the pairing fails, touch ID, including Apple Pay, is disabled so the device remains secure.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/05/error-53-iphone-6/

Recommended Posts

Louis Rossmann made a great job and he makes amazing points. My opinion Apple is being anti-consumer and are just being dicks. WHY DOESN'T THIS HAPPEN ON 5s ? 


  ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

"When Olmos, who says he has spent thousands of pounds on Apple products over the years, took it to an Apple store in London, staff told him there was nothing they could do, and that his phone was now junk. He had to pay £270 for a replacement and is furious."

YAY for apple's tech support and no data losses! Oh no... wait! theguardian is clearly anti-apple biased.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless-third-party-repair

apparently also affects screen replacements:

"

Posting a message on an Apple Support Communities forum on 31 December, “Arjunthebuster” is typical. He/she says they bought their iPhone 6 in January 2015 in Dubai, and dropped it the following month causing a small amount of damage.

They carried on using the phone, but when they tried to install iOS 9 in November “error 53” popped up. “The error hasn’t occurred because I broke my phone (it was working fine for 10 months). I lost all my data because of this error. I don’t want Apple to fix my screen or anything! I just want them to fix the ‘error 53’ so I can use my phone, but they won’t!”"

Either he replaced the screen and the touchid or the touchid was damaged in the process (looks like it was tampered with).

1 hour ago, cesrai said:

Louis Rossmann made a great job and he makes amazing points. My opinion Apple is being anti-consumer and are just being dicks. WHY DOESN'T THIS HAPPEN ON 5s ? 

It does happen on the 5s. This isn't new news.


PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2016 at 5:35 PM, RedRound2 said:

 

Statement given by Apple

 

I'm sorry this implementation of fingerprint scanning is just silly, it should not matter what parts are on the phone, the system should be so foolproof that only the correct finger should be able to unlock the device, no matter  what sensor is used.

 

If they are implementing their current poor solution because there is a variance between the sensors when reading the fingerprint, it should not be on the market....

 

This stinks of Apple artificially generating extra income for themselves, They know the home button a failure point, they know Appletards will pay the repair costs, or buy a new phone as they are so blinded by the Apple's marketing department. 

 

What is more disgusting is they want $750 for the replacement of a $1 part....Apple you are the worst company in the world.


---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know Apple doesn't give a damn about their customers and shouldn't be trusted.

 

Exacly the reason why they don't get my money.

 

If you don't agree with the way apple runs its business, stop giving them your goddamn money! 

 

Once they have your money, they have accomplished their goal and don't give a damn about you anymore. That's how it has been since well, a long time.


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're not forced to update; it is 100% your own choice. Secondly, iOS 9 runs perfectly fine on four+ year old hardware....so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. W7 runs like ass on a machine designed for do, expecting iOS 9 to run equally smoothly on a device designed for iOS 5/6 with significantly slower hardware is naive at best and moronic at worst.

The fact that Apple specifically (and only) targets touchid repairs and nothing else (like a far more common screen repair) makes me think that there's is an underlying security issue involved that simply disabling touchid wouldn't sufficiently solve.

Yea not forced to update except when two months after the newest os, you can't use your apps because they require updates and those updates require the most recent ios. And then you play Russian roulette on if your device gets bogged down to shit after you update.

 

I know full well what bunch of bullshit Apple's device support is. I'd take no company supplied updates ever over that shit. It was actually a huge reason for my swap to Android (and my current process of swapping my family over).

 

Read the full in-depth article by ifixit who literally knows better than anyone about this.

 

 


LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, super_skank said:

I'm sorry this implementation of fingerprint scanning is just silly, it should not matter what parts are on the phone, the system should be so foolproof that only the correct finger should be able to unlock the device, no matter  what sensor is used.

 

If they are implementing their current poor solution because there is a variance between the sensors when reading the fingerprint, it should not be on the market....

 

This stinks of Apple artificially generating extra income for themselves, They know the home button a failure point, they know Appletards will pay the repair costs, or buy a new phone as they are so blinded by the Apple's marketing department. 

 

What is more disgusting is they want $750 for the replacement of a $1 part....Apple you are the worst company in the world.

Wow someone should give you the genius award as your points are just downright wrong.

Apple's saying that they don't want to risk third parties putting their own home button which may be able to extract a high res fingerprint from the user itself when they touch it or from the secure enclave for comparison

You'd be surprised how poorly other manufacturers have implemented fingerprints and its only just a matter of time before someone extracts fingerprint data from a samsung or an LG

Home button used to be a failure point before the tactile touch ID home button which hasn't failed on me or any of my friends yet.

$1 for the best fingerprint sensor on the market, please

Please show me proof that it cost $750 for replacing a home button

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This should't even be a problem if you remove touchid whatever before repair, if it was though then Apple is to blame because can only fix it at Apple, although personally i would't advice fixing smartphone at third party anyway unless they are qualified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yea not forced to update except when two months after the newest os, you can't use your apps because they require updates and those updates require the most recent ios.

Just checked out the app store. The top paid, free, and grossing apps only needed 5.1. Netflix, Facebook and YouTube only needed 7. Gmail needs 7.1. Chrome needs 9 but Firefox is happy with 8.2. Twitter needs 8. So it looks like most apps don't even need the current version of iOS let alone the most up to date revision. After a little while searching Chrome and iMovie were the only apps I found that needed iOS 9 and Garage band needed 9.1. So if you don't need to use Apples mobile productivity apps you don't need iOS 9. Seeing as MS's apps only need 8 you are set.


My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is mind blowing that some people are defending this. There is absolutely no justification for it.

Sure, make the device non-upgradable if a user gets a non-Apple-verified finger print scanner installed, but do the fucking check BEFORE the update is installed instead of after. That way the user won't get their phones bricked out of nowhere.

There are only two answers to why Apple would do this.

1) They are pure evil and want to hurt their consumers for using third party repair stores.

2) They are incompetent and designed an incredibly flawed system.

 

I can't think of a third option, but in either case bricking users phones without giving them any warning or option to reverse it is horse shit. There is no way any rational, non-fanboy can defend this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Wow someone should give you the genius award as your points are just downright wrong.

Apple's saying that they don't want to risk third parties putting their own home button which may be able to extract a high res fingerprint from the user itself when they touch it or from the secure enclave for comparison

You'd be surprised how poorly other manufacturers have implemented fingerprints and its only just a matter of time before someone extracts fingerprint data from a samsung or an LG

Home button used to be a failure point before the tactile touch ID home button which hasn't failed on me or any of my friends yet.

$1 for the best fingerprint sensor on the market, please

Please show me proof that it cost $750 for replacing a home button

 

 

This should not matter, as without the actual finger the print data should be useless....if the sensor is hackable to the point you can extract the data and unlock it without the finger, it should not be on the market. End of story.

 

Parts are a hell of a lot cheaper than you might think, especially when you have the buying power of a company like Apple, oh and Apple use shite quality parts, good quality parts do not break as often as these home buttons seem to be doing....the use foxconn, which should be enough for anyone with any computer nouce, to stay away from them.

 

Apple have 4 tiers ($300 to $1500 i think) of pricing for "repairs" not that they are repairs, as they just throw a new part in and call it a day (yes i have worked in computer/laptop/tablet "repairs" for a large company) this is not hard or expensive to do.

 

Which Tier this "repair" comes under i do not know, but i know these tiers are about 10x overpriced for the actual difficulty and amount of work involved, i wouldn't suprise me if im not far off the mark at $750

 

Stop defending Apple for this, you are making yourself look like a fool. The are a terrible company, with less moral and ethical standards than the Nazi's.

 

They pay fuck all in taxes, and produce very average products at best. the lure you into a ecosystem with their flashy marketing, and fool you into thinking having no control over the way you do things is a good thing and the way that they make you do things is the best possible way of doing it, leaving no room for individuality, effectively turning you into a sheep following blindly without questioning anything they do ......they continue to milk you for every last penny you have.

 

Apple are the worst company in the world


---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2016 at 11:53 AM, RedRound2 said:

Wow, poor job OP as this is only half the story. First correct your title that this is only in the case of touch ID enabled home button. Second apple has acknowledged the issue and this is what they say

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/05/error-53-iphone-6/

They STILL don't explain why an update bricks phones because it has been serviced by a third-party.  Yes I get certain apps being disabled because of security, whatever.  They still haven't explained what the update causes that is such a security risk that they have to disable your phone.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue is not so much that they aren't allowing unauthorised repairs, I don't like it, at all, but I understand the logic behind it, they can't guarantee security on something they had no hand in doing, but the issue for me is that the user simply cannot recover their own data if this happens, sure they should always have a backup and more the fool them if they don't, but come on this is just cutting your nose off to spite your face and is not excusable.

They should warn the user before the upgrade process with something like "If you have had the home button replaced by anyone other than an authorised Apple repair center then please be aware that your phone may freeze with an Error 53 code on screen and this error is NOT recoverable, please contact a local repair center if you think you may be affected by this. Apple will not be responsible for any data lost or damaged during this process, enter your AppleID password and then click or tap Confirm to continue"

With that the user is aware of the risks and what can happen and Apple gets people to go to an authorised repair center before it becomes an issue, but instead the user is screwed over without any warning beforehand and no way to fix the damage once it's done and that is anti-consumer no matter which way you cut it.


CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I think it is mind blowing that some people are defending this. There is absolutely no justification for it.

Sure, make the device non-upgradable if a user gets a non-Apple-verified finger print scanner installed, but do the fucking check BEFORE the update is installed instead of after. That way the user won't get their phones bricked out of nowhere.

There are only two answers to why Apple would do this.

1) They are pure evil and want to hurt their consumers for using third party repair stores.

2) They are incompetent and designed an incredibly flawed system.

 

I can't think of a third option, but in either case bricking users phones without giving them any warning or option to reverse it is horse shit. There is no way any rational, non-fanboy can defend this.

There were multiple reports that the phone could be easily recovered if you just put back the old touch ID button. Apple themselves said to contact Apple support to the affected user. The problem is this isn't even a big issue to begin with as very little people have experienced this.

 Its these biased new sites  who goes on all reach and lengths so say that Apple bricks the phone and its unrecoverable. I'm surprised someone like you would just blantly believe what some random report told without doing a little more digging

3 hours ago, super_skank said:

This should not matter, as without the actual finger the print data should be useless....if the sensor is hackable to the point you can extract the data and unlock it without the finger, it should not be on the market. End of story.

 

Parts are a hell of a lot cheaper than you might think, especially when you have the buying power of a company like Apple, oh and Apple use shite quality parts, good quality parts do not break as often as these home buttons seem to be doing....the use foxconn, which should be enough for anyone with any computer nouce, to stay away from them.

 

Apple have 4 tiers ($300 to $1500 i think) of pricing for "repairs" not that they are repairs, as they just throw a new part in and call it a day (yes i have worked in computer/laptop/tablet "repairs" for a large company) this is not hard or expensive to do.

 

Which Tier this "repair" comes under i do not know, but i know these tiers are about 10x overpriced for the actual difficulty and amount of work involved, i wouldn't suprise me if im not far off the mark at $750

 

Stop defending Apple for this, you are making yourself look like a fool. The are a terrible company, with less moral and ethical standards than the Nazi's.

 

They pay fuck all in taxes, and produce very average products at best. the lure you into a ecosystem with their flashy marketing, and fool you into thinking having no control over the way you do things is a good thing and the way that they make you do things is the best possible way of doing it, leaving no room for individuality, effectively turning you into a sheep following blindly without questioning anything they do ......they continue to milk you for every last penny you have.

 

Apple are the worst company in the world

The 3rd part replaced a sensor that acts as a portal to secure part of the device. There's literally no stopping for theft of data. It's like giving your house key to some random person. And honestly people are stupid if they didn't realize that its extremely dangerous to give something like a fingerprint sensor for repair

Something simple as putting a chip behind the home button to copy whatever finger it reads is more than enough to steal data

 

Its a freaking button that most people press at least 20 times a day. And yet it doesn't fail for majority of the people. What's your point here? That apple wants everyone to go through this. If that was the case no one would be buying their phones. Sheer reliability has always been Apple's strengths

And FYI most companies use foxconn. You can learn how wrong you are here

 

Tier repair programs are for macs. iPhone repair only range from $99-$330 and most of them are just full unit replacements rather than risking having the problem again. So yeah it's not $750 to replace a home button as you stated

 

They produce average products? You must be one of those fanboys who've never used their products. Obviously they would like to lure you into their ecosystem because then you'll be paying them and honestly you would pretty much get the best experience on the market. If I remember paying a tad more for a superior experience is a smarter choice if you obviously don't have constraints

They don't control shit I do rather I have a pleasure using their products to do my work with all the seamless linking. Plus add to the fact that they keep continuing to improve the industry where the useless idiots trying to fit an 8K display into a 5" phone. Those are the sheeps and they would be completely lost without apple. If you just can't accept this and  then you're just plain ignorant. That last little paragraph is exactly is what fanboys want to think of Apple when in reality its not. Milking money, In my experience not really as my 2010 MacBook, my iPhone 4S, 3GS (albeit as music player) are still perfectly useable and paying maybe $100-$200 extra got me alot of additional years of usability. Remember Galaxy S2 from 2011, look where they disappeared. Heck S4 and equivalent android phones perform like shit now and we're talking about iPhone 4S. Laptops have even sadder story where nothing until recently barely last 2 years+ retaining decent battery life (30min vs 5 hours)

So yeah you're just plain wrong who never owned an Apple product and of course you can come back at me claiming you do have but who's gonna check

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

There were multiple reports that the phone could be easily recovered if you just put back the old touch ID button. Apple themselves said to contact Apple support to the affected user. The problem is this isn't even a big issue to begin with as very little people have experienced this.

Putting the broken button back is by no means an "easy" process, especially not for the people who turned the phones in for repair to begin with. Stop defending Apple's incompetence. You might as well say it is "easy" to protect yourself from security vulnerabilities in Android (such as stagefright) by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a third party ROM. Gee, fuck all these "biased news sites" for bringing that up as a big deal, right? Just unlock your bootloader and flash your phone if you are affected. No big deal.

 

36 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Its these biased new sites  who goes on all reach and lengths so say that Apple bricks the phone and its unrecoverable. I'm surprised someone like you would just blantly believe what some random report told without doing a little more digging

I have done a lot of digging already. I really don't see any bias in the articles here. If you install the update from Apple, the update which has no warning whatsoever, your phone will brick if you got a third party touchID sensor in it. In order to recover from it you have to disassemble your phone (which is very difficult to do) and also have saved your broken (who saves a broken button when they have gotten a new one?), then put the old button in again. That's retarded. Apple have several alternatives which all solve this idiotic situation:

1) Give the user a warning if it detects a third party button. Clearly Apple is able to check for it, so do that check BEFORE the update gets installed. Not after when the damage is done.

2) Let users downgrade the OS. So if you do end up getting screwed you can just plug your phone in and restore it.

3) Don't fucking disable your customers' phones just because it finds a third party touchID sensor. That function is something Apple deliberately put into the OS, and it really does not have to be there at all.

 

Do you not agree that Apple's current implementation is deeply flawed and stupid, and the three suggestions I came up with in like a minute are far superior?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Putting the broken button back is by no means an "easy" process, especially not for the people who turned the phones in for repair to begin with. Stop defending Apple's incompetence. You might as well say it is "easy" to protect yourself from security vulnerabilities in Android (such as stagefright) by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a third party ROM. Gee, fuck all these "biased news sites" for bringing that up as a big deal, right? Just unlock your bootloader and flash your phone if you are affected. No big deal.

Putting the old button is one option. You completely ignored the other one. And usually when you give parts for replacement to third party, they give you the old one back. That's just how general policy is FYI and I clearly only meant in that terms which you made a big deal about. Again affected users can contact apple for a solution and potential recovery 

21 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I have done a lot of digging already. I really don't see any bias in the articles here. If you install the update from Apple, the update which has no warning whatsoever, your phone will brick if you got a third party touchID sensor in it. In order to recover from it you have to disassemble your phone (which is very difficult to do) and also have saved your broken (who saves a broken button when they have gotten a new one?), then put the old button in again. That's retarded. Apple have several alternatives which all solve this idiotic situation:

1) Give the user a warning if it detects a third party button. Clearly Apple is able to check for it, so do that check BEFORE the update gets installed. Not after when the damage is done.

2) Let users downgrade the OS. So if you do end up getting screwed you can just plug your phone in and restore it.

3) Don't fucking disable your customers' phones just because it finds a third party touchID sensor. That function is something Apple deliberately put into the OS, and it really does not have to be there at all.

 

Do you not agree that Apple's current implementation is deeply flawed and stupid, and the three suggestions I came up with in like a minute are far superior?

I don't think its a check but the code verification is a part of software update which fails hence virtually bricking the device as a safety measure as its related to security. Basically virtual brick may be apple's solution if a potential security verification fails which is something i don't see anything wrong with. This makes a whole lot more ton of sense than what you told that Apple's doing this deliberately. If they were they should have bricked the device as soon as the device boots up with 3rd party home button

Again its not completely unrecoverable as many sites claimed it to be but apple can fix this. Replace any other major part and apple doesn't have any problem but replace something that has to do with security and when Apple's implements a fallback system in place that may annoy the user for a while Apple's the bad guy here

If it were a common problem, then they probably should code iOS another function but the it isn't and its just a blown up news like bendgate which no one would've given shit about if it wasnt apple

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedRound2 said:

 

You are way too aggressive whenever anything Apple-related comes up. Being a fanboy is just as bad as being a hater. They both involve putting your head in the sand and ignoring logic :\

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so this has gotten way out of hand....again, just like the last time it was posted. 

 

Considering the sensitive nature of the data in question I can agree with Apple's policy to lock the device, even permanently as it can prevent someone from swapping the touchID sensor in order to gain access. There are two big problems as far as I'm concerned. 

  1. Apple doesn't warn you that replacing the button could brick the phone (afaik). One could make the assumption that a third party service shop would void the warranty, but making the assumption that it will render the phone inoperable is quite different. So Apple should at least be informing the dealers (although, any half-decent repair shop will know about this by now since it's literally a years-old story). 
  2. It doesn't brick the phone immediately, but rather it waits for iOS to be updated -- which is likely because it would be too impractical to have periodic checks on all the hardware? Although, the security argument doesn't hold nearly as much ground if it requires an iOS update -- unless of course there is some point during an OS update where the phone is susceptible to an attack that would otherwise not be possible (which is a possibility). 

If Apple would be more upfront about the replacing the TouchID through a third party, and would explain why an OS update is required for the hardware to be re-validated then this would be entirely different. But even without all of that, knowing that Apple has taken measures to secure an easily exploitable hole is reassuring and considering the Apple's normal stance towards consumer's data I'm willing to make the assumption that they have done this to protect it's user's data. Not to mention the fact that it wouldn't make any sense to only restrict TouchID replacements and not the replacement of far more common components (i.e. the screen). 


PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My niece owns an Ipad and i have had the misfortune to use it, it was fucking awful.

 

I have had to use Mac is previous Jobs, oh my fucking god if i never have to use one again it will be too soon.

 

Yes Foxconn are a big OEM company, that does not mean they are good, they are cheap, anyone who has had to work for a company that uses foxconn boards will tell you they are garbage.

 

You are the Fan boy, not me, you are trying to defend the undefendable...

 

The fact is that the only thing that should be able to unlock your phone is your finger if you use finger print technology, if there is a vulnerability it should not be on the market, this does not only apply to Apple, it should be even if they can get the data it should be buried under layers of encryption on the phone, there should be fuck all they can do with it, because the FINGER is the only way to access it. The sensor should not be tied to the phone, the encryption and the requiring the finger should be enough, and without the FINGER (i'll put this in caps so you understand) the device is a brick. If not it shouldn't be on the market and sold as a security feature.

 

This so called extra security feature, is another way of milking Apple-tards out of more money. 

 

Bricking the phone is just scummy and i hope they lose billions in a class action suite.

 

 

 


---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, super_skank said:

My niece owns an Ipad and i have had the misfortune to use it, it was fucking awful.

 

I have had to use Mac is previous Jobs, oh my fucking god if i never have to use one again it will be too soon.

 

Yes Foxconn are a big OEM company, that does not mean they are good, they are cheap, anyone who has had to work for a company that uses foxconn boards will tell you they are garbage.

 

You are the Fan boy, not me, you are trying to defend the undefendable...

 

The fact is that the only thing that should be able to unlock your phone is your finger if you use finger print technology, if there is a vulnerability it should not be on the market, this does not only apply to Apple, it should be even if they can get the data it should be buried under layers of encryption on the phone, there should be fuck all they can do with it, because the FINGER is the only way to access it. The sensor should not be tied to the phone, the encryption and the requiring the finger should be enough, and without the FINGER (i'll put this in caps so you understand) the device is a brick. If not it shouldn't be on the market and sold as a security feature.

 

This so called extra security feature, is another way of milking Apple-tards out of more money. 

 

Bricking the phone is just scummy and i hope they lose billions in a class action suite.

 

 

 

Foxconn is involved is in practically every computer company and have a hand in a ridiculous percentage of tech products produced yearly. There is a difference between the components Foxconn uses for other companies and their own motherboards -- a big difference. You can't criticize a company's entire production based on a singular component. 

 

There is no such system that is 100% foolproof, and if you believe that there is than you're even more naive than you're letting on. The best one can hope for is that there is every countermeasure in place in order to decrease the likelihood of a potential threat. 

 

The fact that you can make it to the end of that childish rant and not see the irony in becoming what you're ranting against is quite humorous actually.  


PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware that nothing is 100% foolproof, but there are ways to implement precautions, Apple's implementation is just piss poor, and a way to get even more money out of Apple-tards....

 

I am not Naive i have seen a lot of the world and i see what these large companies for the parasites that they really are.

 

Facts are Apple make it has hard as possible to fix their products purely out of greed, If you think they are doing it for the customers benefit you are sadly mistaken.  The fact is they don't want you to get your phone, ipad or macbook fixed (Even though they are not particular hard to repair, they just make it impossible for you to get hold of parts and schematics, not to protect security but to force you to go to apple and pay an extortionate amount of money for a repair), they want you to buy a new one....if you buy an Apple product quite frankly you deserve to be milked for every penny they can get out of you.


---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

You are way too aggressive whenever anything Apple-related comes up. Being a fanboy is just as bad as being a hater. They both involve putting your head in the sand and ignoring logic :\

Aggressive, no not really. Whatever I've said I've always had reasons for it. I explained why this problem may occur in the first place in Lawlz's reply and honestly there's nothing wrong with it especially since this a relatively minor problem that most people don't face. It's these anti apple weirdos who somehow are looking to blame apple for everything is what gets me pissed especially when they're forgetting why the industry is so good as it is today.

Is their products expensive yes, but their products have always been equally good and lasts very very long time which itself saves a lot of money. They shook the industry with a proper smartphone, high res screen, voice assistants, camera, performance, Apple Pay, fingerprint sensor, force touch, NVMe SSD, etc and that's only iPhones. Please let me know if any other company had contributed to industry like what Apple has

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, super_skank said:

My niece owns an Ipad and i have had the misfortune to use it, it was fucking awful.

 

I have had to use Mac is previous Jobs, oh my fucking god if i never have to use one again it will be too soon.

 

Yes Foxconn are a big OEM company, that does not mean they are good, they are cheap, anyone who has had to work for a company that uses foxconn boards will tell you they are garbage.

 

You are the Fan boy, not me, you are trying to defend the undefendable...

 

The fact is that the only thing that should be able to unlock your phone is your finger if you use finger print technology, if there is a vulnerability it should not be on the market, this does not only apply to Apple, it should be even if they can get the data it should be buried under layers of encryption on the phone, there should be fuck all they can do with it, because the FINGER is the only way to access it. The sensor should not be tied to the phone, the encryption and the requiring the finger should be enough, and without the FINGER (i'll put this in caps so you understand) the device is a brick. If not it shouldn't be on the market and sold as a security feature.

 

This so called extra security feature, is another way of milking Apple-tards out of more money. 

 

Bricking the phone is just scummy and i hope they lose billions in a class action suite.

 

 

 

*facepalm

You still haven't understood how data theft works here huh. I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old

If a third party home button has a chip behind it that scans and copies whoever puts a finger on it tada you have a high resolution fingerprint of a person. And that's just one of the 100 ways I can think of. Basically if the user ask to replace the door lock by third party and they replace it there's no guarantee that the locksmith has the key to your apartments. Did you understand now. It's some kind of Rocket Science technique /s

 

Again as I said you can claim anything, no one's gonna check

 

It would be total hypocrisy if you actually use a fingerprint enabled smartphone as frankly I'm pretty sure other manufactures do a half baked job on everything. So just remember that

 

They will barely lose millions as literally only 10 people have encountered this and none of them expressing rage on how apple screwed over them like you claim implying that apple fixed their device

 

Oh btw you never acknowledged my previous points. Its funny to see how people get swayed by media when it comes to apple when nobody gives a shit if its any other company

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's fine if apple wants to have a very closed system. Nvidia has a pretty closed system and they're doing pretty fine. 

 

But a superbly big warning should be needed, something that cannot be missed. Apple going all out to try and protect customers data. To this extend. 

 


i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Aggressive, no not really. Whatever I've said I've always had reasons for it. I explained why this problem may occur in the first place in Lawlz's reply and honestly there's nothing wrong with it especially since this a relatively minor problem that most people don't face. It's these anti apple weirdos who somehow are looking to blame apple for everything is what gets me pissed especially when they're forgetting why the industry is so good as it is today.

Is their products expensive yes, but their products have always been equally good and lasts very very long time which itself saves a lot of money. They shook the industry with a proper smartphone, high res screen, voice assistants, camera, performance, Apple Pay, fingerprint sensor, force touch, NVMe SSD, etc and that's only iPhones. Please let me know if any other company had contributed to industry like what Apple has

Is it possible for you to make a post without insulting or attacking someone? It gets really annoying really fast.


You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×