Remove "Started x minutes ago" from recent topics list

Glenwing
Go to solution Solved by loganryan99,

didn't implement this specific suggestion but I did make some changes to the latest topics widget to reduce the height in the upcoming update (possibly this weekend)

The recent topics list is a lot more spread out than it used to be. On a 1080p display all 10 topics don't even fit on a single page without scrolling. I think removing the "started x minutes ago" line will condense it a little more, and basically everything on the list is always posted within the last 15 minutes or so since this forum is so active, it's not really useful information to begin with.

I agree.

I don't think anyone cares how long ago a topic was started on an expressway side-board.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I agree as well, the recent topic side bar really takes up more space than it use to. 

While fine on a 4k screen, is cut off quite a bit on a 1080p screen. 

EDIT: Either that or increase the width of the UI so you can see more(Maybe tweak the scaling?). On a 4k screen I can only see up to the 9th topic in recent topics, without scrolling.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

31 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I agree as well, the recent topic side bar really takes up more space than it use to. 

While fine on a 4k screen, is cut off quite a bit on a 1080p screen. 

EDIT: Either that or increase the width of the UI so you can see more(Maybe tweak the scaling?). On a 4k screen I can only see up to the 9th topic in recent topics, without scrolling.

That's the same as a 1080p screen, you must have 200% scaling enabled in Windows :P

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

That's the same as a 1080p screen, you must have 200% scaling enabled in Windows :P

Is it? I didn't know. 

I have scaling at 150%. I'm using a 24" 4k screen.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, Glenwing said:

I see, interesting :)

I changed scaling to 125% and I can now see all 10 plus one video link.

Scaling to 100% I can see all three video links, however the dead space on both sides of the UI is horribly big. I could fit 3 linustechtips forums on one screen with this scaling.

didn't implement this specific suggestion but I did make some changes to the latest topics widget to reduce the height in the upcoming update (possibly this weekend)