More Information on the Calendar

Lepp

I imagine most of the people who work on the site have their hands full with other, more important things right now, but I thought I would bring up that the calendar seems fairly useless with only the WAN show on the schedule each week. I was thinking that it could be updated with TechQucikie and Channel Superfun release dates (probably on YouTube [when everyone can view it], but if you wanted to promote Vessel, you could put up those release dates instead or at the same time) and any future show/convention coverage dates.

The problem there is they usually don't want to release the names of videos or any details for that matter before they actually come out, so you'd only be able to fill in a week at best.  Not that useful imo

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

The problem there is they usually don't want to release the names of videos or any details for that matter before they actually come out, so you'd only be able to fill in a week at best.  Not that useful imo

Wouldn't matter much, just the date of release for a new video would be nice and give the calendar a little more purpose.

While i agree there should be a fixed release schedule, that might not be entirely doable, especially considering the issues that might appear when trying to meet a deadline, such as but not limited to unexpected downtime  

2 minutes ago, theanimun said:

While i agree there should be a fixed release schedule, that might not be entirely doable, especially considering the issues that might appear when trying to meet a deadline, such as but not limited to unexpected downtime  

I don't think the idea is to lock in a release schedule, just post on the calender when things are coming out.  It's not like they release videos the day they are made (usually) - they build up a few and release them as needed.  Plus they're at least a week old when they hit youtube anyway

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.