Why the hate?

megadarkwood

Why do people hate on HP? I have an HP laptop and it is pretty awesome and is built amazingly well. I just don't see why people don't like HP?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

because few years a go, they sucked ass

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Old HP PC's had that thing that they broke in a month after warranty was gone.

there is something flashing in your eye

Why do people hate on HP? I have an HP laptop and it is pretty awesome and is built amazingly well. I just don't see why people don't like HP?

I'd have to disagree, they aren't very well made, same with Dell and every other manufacturer who builds them as cheap as possible

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

HP Packard Bell and any other company related to them are shoddy badly made laptops its just a fact if they are cheap.

My HP laptop is ready to die xD The laptop always has 100% fan speed, the battery only lasts about 12min, 2 of the screws won't come out with pliers or screwdrivers, and the trackpad has some issues. This is just my experience though.

I'd have to degree, they aren't very well made, same with Dell and every other manufacturer who builds them as cheap as possible

I have the HP Envy 15 (Canadian Model) and I have dropped it before and not one scratch or dent on it. There is also almost NO flex at all.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

this is experimences with my hp notebook:

1. the plastic around the screen is broken

2. i have had many times where it blue screened due to overheating

3. The laptop is very loud.

4. The keyboard broke

5. this is probably the worst one, battery life is around 30 minutes if i am lucky, it is horrible.

6. The bloatware, norton and the fucking hp security crap that is impossible to  uninstall. Ahh.

update: 7. You have to take basicly everything apart to get to clean the fan.

So yeah, just a list of why i hate my hp g62, when i think of more stuff i might make it longer.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Old HP PC's had that thing that they broke in a month after warranty was gone.

Plus the amount of bloatware that came installed made the computers pretty much useless from day 1.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

HP isn't bad, but I do really like my ASUS Zenbook right now lol.  What I don't understand is why people prefer Dell over HP?  Their support is horrible.... can't recommend them to anyone.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

I don't trust HP after the terrible experience I had with one of their laptops.

It was designed at a level expected by children and built with the finesse of an elephant. The GPU literally burnt itself out owing to a completely inadequate cooling solution, the screen was unacceptably poor in quality for the price paid at the time and the entire experience of owning the device was a fiasco.

I also detest their bundled keyboards and mice. They're the worst I've ever used.

Also, @SpenceSouth - Dell aren't so bad. Their consumer based stuff seems to be pretty terrible, but their business computers are pretty much tanks. My poor Optiplex 755 has been active for the last 3 years with roughly two weeks cumulative downtime. It's never peaked above 47 degrees C even when the CPU is pushed to its limits for weeks at a time (Folding@Home) and has never had any breakdowns whatsoever.

Not bad for a machine built 5 years ago and purchased for less than £180. :P

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

my hp compaq nc6220 was BOSS but it broke :L 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I have the HP Envy 15 (Canadian Model) and I have dropped it before and not one scratch or dent on it. There is also almost NO flex at all.

I would be less worried about the plastic box and more worried about the internal components, from my Dell days the motherboards were truely pathetic

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The only HP computer I've ever had, is HP Compaq dc7600 (I still have that). It's old, but still very functional for web browsing, doing basic office work etc.. It's not even too loud. I fact, it's quieter than my current gaming rig (damn intel stock cooler), but it's kinda hot when at load. The only problem I have with that, is it's a low-profile computer and nearly nothing can be upgraded (only HDDs, RAM, some PCI-E cards (has to be low-profile) and processor cooler)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

HP isn't bad, but I do really like my ASUS Zenbook right now lol.  What I don't understand is why people prefer Dell over HP?  Their support is horrible.... can't recommend them to anyone.

Have you tried hp notebooks? I am pretty sure they are worse then dell

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I would assume that it's because most people don't understand that there are many different classes of laptops that are all made for different purposes.. A lot of people go out to buy a laptop without any research or common sense, and when they see some $350 HP sitting on a counter they think "oh look, it's only $350" and they buy it just because of it's lower sticker price.. Then they assume that because "it's a laptop", it will be made with the same build quality as a $2k MBP.. Common sense should tell us that a $350 laptop will probably be made with much worse build quality than a $2k laptop, but somehow a lot of people don't understand this..

My brother owns one of those $350 cheapo HPs, and (unsurprisingly) it has an extremely cheap and plasticy feel.. If someone thought that all HP models would be the exact same way, they would probably assume that all HP models were cheapo and had a plasticy feel.. I haven't used any of HP's higher-end laptops, but I would assume that they fix a lot of the issues people complain about with the cheapo models..

..just a theory..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I would assume that it's because most people don't understand that there are many different classes of laptops that are all made for different purposes.. A lot of people go out to buy a laptop without any research or common sense, and when they see some $350 HP sitting on a counter they think "oh look, it's only $350" and they buy it just because of it's lower sticker price.. Then they assume that because "it's a laptop", it will be made with the same build quality as a $2k MBP.. Common sense should tell us that a $350 laptop will probably be made with much worse build quality than a $2k laptop, but somehow a lot of people don't understand this..

My brother owns one of those $350 cheapo HPs, and (unsurprisingly) it has an extremely cheap and plasticy feel.. If someone thought that all HP models would be the exact same way, they would probably assume that all HP models were cheapo and had a plasticy feel.. I haven't used any of HP's higher-end laptops, but I would assume that they fix a lot of the issues people complain about with the cheapo models..

..just a theory..

Mine was around $800 and it is made with (Mostly) aluminium and some plastic. 

It all comes down to user experience.

The people who have problems are going to be the ones complaining on the Internet.  It's the vocal minority.

I'm sure most people who buy HP laptops, or computers from any mainstream OEM, don't have many problems (or at least not problems that are the fault of the manufacturer).  But no one's going to go on the Internet and praise HP for making products that work as advertised...

We've had an HP desktop for about 4 years, and my brother has been playing LoL constantly on it for about 2 years.  It's still going strong.

My mom's Dell laptop has been working fine for the past 4 years or so.

But my roommate's HP laptop was a piece of crud and basically fell apart.

So yeah, it all depends.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

owned a total of 3 (dv)HP laptops

2007 2009 2011

most horrid piece of trash i have ever owned 

especially the 2011 one

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Have you tried hp notebooks? I am pretty sure they are worse then dell

I have actually, and I find them to be built much better than Dell's equivalent. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case