Quotes and replies

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
1 hour ago, whitephoenix said:

It's not uncommon to see people quote each other then remove the contents of the quote in their post to save on space and prevent posting a large section of code or a large image again. This sometimes results in completely empty quotes. I asked myself "why not just tag the person" then I had this idea. What if completely empty quotes were automatically turned into tags?

The benefit of quotes, even completely empty ones, is that they have a link back to the original post (the arrow in the top right corner), so you can check to see what post they were talking about, even if it was all deleted.

It's not uncommon to see people quote each other then remove the contents of the quote in their post to save on space and prevent posting a large section of code or a large image again. This sometimes results in completely empty quotes. I asked myself "why not just tag the person" then I had this idea. What if completely empty quotes were automatically turned into tags?

1 hour ago, whitephoenix said:

The benefit of quotes, even completely empty ones, is that they have a link back to the original post (the arrow in the top right corner), so you can check to see what post they were talking about, even if it was all deleted.

HTTP/2 203