Replacement PWM Fans

I'm replacing my case fans because they use molex and its loud, so these fans have to be PWM controllable via mobo (4 pin im pretty sure)

2 are being used as case fans and one for the cpu so does this make sense:

case fans quiet editions, cpu fan static pressure optimised?

I want to ask if this is possible without spending heaps of money, as much as I love noctua as a brand $100+ for 3 fans is not happening

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050002ww

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050005ww

Oh lel my bad, these fans are not PWM lel, but they do come in PWM variants as well. Check your local IT store.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

14 hours ago, Eihcal said:

ok but that's near noctua price there. lol cant afford 3 of them

But they are 40% better than Corsair ones and Quality=Price but this doesn't apply to Alienware stuff because you pay there for brand only

On 2/5/2016 at 3:55 AM, FilipSebik said:

But they are 40% better than Corsair ones and Quality=Price but this doesn't apply to Alienware stuff because you pay there for brand only

Where did you get 40% from..? 

If you're referring to your Tricools, you should be controlling their fan speeds via the 3pin connector. If you plug the molex, they run at 100%.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where did you get 40% from..? 

If you're referring to your Tricools, you should be controlling their fan speeds via the 3pin connector. If you plug the molex, they run at 100%.

I just guessed that :D

1 minute ago, FilipSebik said:

I just guessed that :D

For the sake of keeping advice reliable, please make it clear when you're pulling numbers out of thin air. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

For the sake of keeping advice reliable, please make it clear when you're pulling numbers out of thin air. 

Fractal

61.CFM

2.30mm/H2O

vs.

Corsair

37.9CFM

1.29mm/H2O

And no one saw then dbA difference so don't notice it :)

On 04/02/2016 at 0:31 PM, Eihcal said:

I'm replacing my case fans because they use molex and its loud, so these fans have to be PWM controllable via mobo (4 pin im pretty sure)

2 are being used as case fans and one for the cpu so does this make sense:

case fans quiet editions, cpu fan static pressure optimised?

I want to ask if this is possible without spending heaps of money, as much as I love noctua as a brand $100+ for 3 fans is not happening

Cheapest option if you're  good at DIY, swap the red and yellow cables on your molex connector, that'll make the fans run at 5V instead of 12V:P

So 1200RPM fans will run at approximately 500-600RPM... it'll be  quieter till you can afford expensive PWM fans

6 hours ago, EdInk said:

Cheapest option if you're  good at DIY, swap the red and yellow cables on your molex connector, that'll make the fans run at 5V instead of 12V:P

So 1200RPM fans will run at approximately 500-600RPM... it'll be  quieter till you can afford expensive PWM fans

the point of this is to get rid of molex

1 hour ago, Eihcal said:

the point of this is to get rid of molex

I was addressing your comment on not spending heaps of money and your fans being loud. 

Alternatives to noctua fans will be PWM fans by scythe, be quiet! , cougar, zalman as they have quiet and durable bearings too.