The US ranks 55th in terms of LTE download speeds

sylarspock

HA! I just did a speedtest of my 4G+ Network, on my S6e. here's the result. mind you this is in my dad's apartment with some crappy signal! my carrier is Tele2, I think they're da bomb. 30 or something euros (-+ 35 USD) for an s6 edge, 1GB 4G data (unlimited 3G) unlimited SMS, 150 minutes of call time a month. oh, and the phone was free. 

Screenshot_2016-02-06-11-39-07.png

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Either the info is outdated or a severe averaging of an entire country's area, because I get 38 MB/s (capital B) on 4G+ from Telenor where I live.

I can only imagine they included our Antarctic territory, Svalbard, Bouvet and Jan Mayen when calculating average speed and coverage... xD

Who cares what speed the polar bears and penguins get.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

because I get 38 MB/s (capital B) on 4G+ from Telenor where I live.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gi

Did you know that 38MB/s are somewhere around 300Mbps?

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

2 minutes ago, mstef said:

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gi

Did you know that 38MB/s are somewhere around 300Mbps?

Yup. The exact maximum speed of the 4Gnetwork here. It's not basic 4G. Getting upgraded to either 375mb/s or 450mb/s this summer too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

The exact maximum speed

Did I ask for theoretical speeds? Just make a test and post it... 

5 minutes ago, mstef said:

Did I ask for theoretical speeds? Just make a test and post it... 

I'm not going to hassle with screen grabs on my phone, especially not consuming burner plan bandwith doing it. I've confirmed the speed myself and if you don't believe it I honestly don't give a shit.

3 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

consuming burner plan bandwith doing it

It's a problem to use 10MB of your traffic? Just say "I'm a fucking liar"... 

1 minute ago, mstef said:

It's a problem to use 10MB of your traffic?

Yes, it's expensive as hell, and even if it was a penny I wouldn't throw it away at the behest of some random forum goblin, who by the way can make themselves comfortable on my ignore list.

43 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Yes, it's expensive as hell, and even if it was a penny I wouldn't throw it away at the behest of some random forum goblin, who by the way can make themselves comfortable on my ignore list.

Nah mate. You just got wrecked. Fess up. 

On 6 February 2016 at 11:47 PM, MeepLikesToBuildPc's said:

HA! I just did a speedtest of my 4G+ Network, on my S6e. here's the result. mind you this is in my dad's apartment with some crappy signal! my carrier is Tele2, I think they're da bomb. 30 or something euros (-+ 35 USD) for an s6 edge, 1GB 4G data (unlimited 3G) unlimited SMS, 150 minutes of call time a month. oh, and the phone was free. 

Screenshot_2016-02-06-11-39-07.png

Edited by TechGod

Here's some Aussie LTE

34 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Here's some Aussie LTE

jz1p9Qy.jpg

Basically, you're the only person in a few miles radious so you're the only one connecting to your base station? :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

19 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Basically, you're the only person in a few miles radious so you're the only one connecting to your base station? :P

That was inner city actually. Most of the time I get 50-70 up/down.

6 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

That was inner city actually. Most of the time I get 50-70 up/down.

Australian LTE is only 40 times faster than Australia copper internet or twice as fast as the NBN.

12 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Yes, it's expensive as hell, and even if it was a penny I wouldn't throw it away at the behest of some random forum goblin, who by the way can make themselves comfortable on my ignore list

It's sad to be right - you are fucking liar. And believe me, I don't give a fuck about your list...

PS: If you don't have unlimited data plan (or at least data cap is over 50 gigs) there are not even 1 reason to use 4G. 

11 hours ago, TechGod said:

snip

dude i can see your ip remove the pic

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

And here I am not even able to get a signal for making phone calls anywhere in my house, and I can't even get EDGE when I'm outside and I'm only 7 or so miles away from a city.
Oh well, I do live in a very beautiful part of the country and the broadband is reasonably good for a village with only about 350 residents in it so I can't complain too much.

55th overall is not great but it could be worse, not much worse mind you, considering how hard your telco's are doing their best to fuck everything up. Even so, you could be using carrier pigeon to send information around.

Off topic I can't seem to word good today, I don't know what's up with me but my spelling is terrible, I've spent more time spell checking than I have actually typing this out :D

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Lolzzz, im in the fiji islands its a very small country less then a million people live here and we have LTE. I usually get around 60-75 megabit down and 35-45 megabit up.