Linus imposter on 9gag?

MagnusGrønstad

why would you even care? 

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Who even uses 9gag?

I use it, since Norwegians have a lot of free time. but the point is; I think this user is an imposer

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Who even uses 9gag?

Ehm...

I'm gonna leave now. 

4 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

I found a user on 9gag with the username linus sebastian. http://9gag.com/u/linustechtips#
and well, I don't think Linus is the kind of guy to be on 9gag. and the way this user has been commenting, it seems this is not the real Linus.

What do you guys think?

Anyway, most probably that's just some kid who idolizes linus.

Besides, if he is not doing something to affect anyone in a bad way, I don't see anything wrong.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i dont think you can copyright a username, and its 9gag so w/e...

it's not copyright that is the issue, he's trying to appear as someone he is not, that is not allowed

1 hour ago, Ddave said:

Ehm...

I'm gonna leave now. 

Besides, if he is not doing something to affect anyone in a bad way, I don't see anything wrong.

he's making Linus seem like an asshole

1 minute ago, Ddave said:

Ehm...

I'm gonna leave now. 

Impersonation is never okay.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That isn't even a le funny meme. No one probably even knows who Linus is if they're on 9gag. Everyone uses memebase.

Spoiler

It's blatantly obvious it's fake if you even begin to consider the posting habits. Also, stop using 9GAG to burn free time; it's full of dry humor.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

2 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

it's not copyright that is the issue, he's trying to appear as someone he is not, that is not allowed

Does it really matter?

Say I put the name Barack Obama and say that I'm him on 9GAG, is that against the rules and make it true? I don't think so. Let the kid keep the username, it's just a harmless joke, I'm pretty sure Linus won't care.

Plus, it's 9GAG. The place where memes go to die.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

I think this user is an imposer

Why? Or you maybe think that there are only one Linus Sebastian on the world? 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Just now, MagnusGrønstad said:

Well he just said that someone is using his name as a username.

Nothing about what activities this user does.

Besides, I see a lot of people who uses the names of celebrities.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

2 minutes ago, mstef said:

Why? Or you maybe think that there are only one Linus Sebastian on the world? 

he uses the handle linustechtips and he's using linus' profile pic.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Impersonation is never okay.

the thing is, he's not acting like being linus tech tips, he just got the name.

that said, probably the reason he got said name is to leech off of LTT's popularity to get "more likes" because that appareantly is a measure for one's own greatness on websites like that...

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

the thing is, he's not acting like being linus tech tips, he just got the name.

that said, probably the reason he got said name is to leech off of LTT's popularity to get "more likes" because that appareantly is a measure for one's own greatness on websites like that...

Which is also wrong. Doesn't matter if he "acts" like Linus. He's utilizing Linus' celebrity status and really...by having the handle and the profile picture, he is misleading people into believing it's actually Linus. To me, doesn't matter how you spin it. It's wrong.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Which is also wrong. Doesn't matter if he "acts" like Linus. He's utilizing Linus' celebrity status and really...by having the handle and the profile picture, he is misleading people into believing it's actually Linus. To me, doesn't matter how you spin it. It's wrong.

yup. although, i doubt either the dude or 9gag will care about linus' credibility. 9gag is kinda known as a website filled with stolen pictures with a watermark on them.

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

email has been sent to 9gag to inform of the user. although I don't think it''l have much effect

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Hmmm...

We do have users here who uses the name of "celebrities".

Example:

A few Barack Obamas.

Did you ever think that one of those obamas is the real one?

I'm simply trying to say that as long as you do not deface the said "name owner", or use his name to scam people or something, there is barely anything wrong with that.

It kinda comes along with being a "celebrity".

I am who I am.

9 hours ago, MilkJugg24 said:

That isn't even a le funny meme. No one probably even knows who Linus is if they're on 9gag. Everyone uses memebase.

If an LTT post makes it onto 9gag most people in the comments know him. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

9 hours ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

People literally do that all the time, and if they are really a LTT follower than they would know this account is fake.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

On 4.2.2016 at 8:48 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

The account has been banned

There are tons of users who "impersonate" celebrities.

I wouldn't even consider Linus very popular to begin with, he's basically a nobody in comparison to celebrities and he's a nobody to anyone who doesn't care about computers.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

#ripinpepperonis LTT 9gag account.

You're in a better place now. A place where bananas are the standard measurement. A place the captain flies to.

Since this post isn't long, you get no potato.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I think we have a Dan Castellaneta imposter here too :o 

Quick call the police!

/jk
@Dan Castellaneta

this is the internet, there will be imposters or people that are a fan of someone and want to make an account with that name. It really doesnt matter

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/