Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00

Massdrop: http://dro.ps/linus-thx00 (Using this link DOES NOT give us any kind of monetary kickback, it just lets Massdrop know that you came from this video)

This collab from Fostex and Massdrop produced a seriously awesome looking pair of headphones... But are good looks their only benefit?

cool, but vessel and youtube upload at the same time? 

also thanks nick

22 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

cool, but vessel and youtube upload at the same time? 

also thanks nick

Yep, this one is on a limited run and we thought it was important to give people the opportunity to check the product out while it was available :)

Is it just me or does it not actually tell you the price unless you sign up? (Or did I completely zone out and miss the part where Linus tells us that it wasn't available yet?)

Man those headphones look sick, nice review and Linus you should seriously consider checking out the Hifiman HE560's I've got a pair and damn... they sound beautiful and the bass (I'm a huge bass head) is SICK. Now I have no idea what type of music that you're into, but if you are like me and are a "Trap Head" man the Hifiman HE560's are the good stuff. One word of warning, they are really expensive... I paid about $700 ish U.S. dollars for them, they are freaking amazing though. Yet surprisingly my on board audio card inside of my X99 Classified Mobo does a decent enough job to drive the cans. However I should get a audio DAC or something to give more "umph" to the sound experience. Nice video and keep up the work Linus!!!

I've been going through Headfi for awhile now looking at the TH-X00 and impressions / reviews.  There's a level of skepticism to all the words, and things that many say over there.  It's a shame @SSL can't be used to test every single headphone in the world and describe it.  Rather love his reviews thus far on here and the lack of nonsense when it comes to the Headfi.. er.. 'fluff'.  We'll go with fluff.

This being the sound signature I crave in a package that is pleasing with only 'minor' comfort complaints, I must have it. The price point is even pretty great.

But then my lack of audiophile raises its head; What DAC/AMP would best be gotten to complement the TH-X00?