Is a 7inch tablet big enough?

Alterlai

I'm thinking of buying the Google Nexus 7, but i'm not sure if the 7 inch is large enough.

I'd like to use the tablet for perhaps watching movies while i'm traveling or browsing the web.

I want to know if the screen isn't too tiny like my phone (galaxy nexus), is too small to use for instance a browser.

I also find the typing experience influential, so i'd like the keyboard to be not too small to type on.

Maybe some of you have a 7 inch tablet or have experience with one and could fill me in on these questions.

Thanks.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

Typing on the Nexus 7 is soooooo much better than other tablets.  It just fits in the hands so well and makes browsing very comfortable.   The screen is an okay size for streaming video, but a ten inch tablet would be better for that.  

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Typing on the Nexus 7 is soooooo much better than other tablets.  It just fits in the hands so well and makes browsing very comfortable.   The screen is an okay size for streaming video, but a ten inch tablet would be better for that.  

I love my Nexus 7. 7" is perfect for me.

I find typing on the Nexus 7 wonderful only when its in portrait mode the screen size is nice not to big, not to small.

Well... I guess i've heard enough :)

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro

Well... I guess i've heard enough :)

Hope you like it.  The new Nexus has some pretty awesomes specs for the price.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Hi guys

I'm thinking of buying my first tablet and thought of new Nexus 7. I saw on amazon that many people (87) gave it 1 star,

many have reboot issues, charging issues, build quality issues. Seems to me like 20% of Nexus' have a flaw

Did any of you have any issues?

Thanks

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Hi guys

I'm thinking of buying my first tablet and thought of new Nexus 7. I saw on amazon that many people (87) gave it 1 star,

many have reboot issues, charging issues, build quality issues. Seems to me like 20% of Nexus' have a flaw

Did any of you have any issues?

Thanks

You probably shouldn't worry about that too much. It's always the case that you only hear about the people who are having problems. 

Even if it's broken. You still have your warrenty.

CPU:

yeah, its much better than the ten inch form factor once you start using it, it's so light and portable and the ppi is so great that you will never want to go back

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

yeah, its much better than the ten inch form factor once you start using it, it's so light and portable and the ppi is so great that you will never want to go back

I wil probably get one this weekend.

CPU:

thanks guys

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

thanks guys

I just bought the device. Feels very firm.

CPU:

Got my Nexus 7 2gen 2-3 weeks ago, and i like the size alot. Its not heavy, and it works very good for readin a book or watch Linus on Youtube. 

I recomend it!

Some 10" tablets (Xperia Tablet Z) feel just as light. That said, you'll be paying a premium for a light and thin 10" tablet.

I need more SSDs.