Opening any thread has the poster's avatar chopped halfway

Samfisher
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

A solution to the issue has been identified, and should be available soon.

So not sure if anyone else noticed this but whenever you view a thread, it shows you the newest post, which is fine.  However, the page scrolls down to exactly where the text starts instead of where the post as a whole starts (which includes poster's avatar, post date and number etc)

Example below :

Capture.PNG

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It isn't chopping half of your avatar. What's happening, is the "Recent Topics" setting links you automatically to your first unread post, and starts the page from the top of the first line of text in the unread post. I've already posted about this here, and @colonel_mortis isn't sure why it's happening.

It also obscures the title in doing so.  Perhaps it could be tweaked to not scroll when viewing a topic for the first time?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, NonaHexa said:

It isn't chopping half of your avatar. What's happening, is the "Recent Topics" setting links you automatically to your first unread post, and starts the page from the top of the first line of text in the unread post. I've already posted about this here, and @colonel_mortis isn't sure why it's happening.

Oh I know, and I mentioned it in my OP where I said the forum loads the page exactly where the text starts and not where the post as a whole starts :)

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Oh I know, and I mentioned it in my OP where I said the forum loads the page exactly where the text starts and not where the post as a whole starts :)

Right, I saw that. I was just making my post clear and concise, and stand-alone alongside yours, in case anybody needed a full explanation of what's occurring. 

It happens because of pinned top nav. If you unpin nav, it will show it right.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes, if you don't have the top nav bar pinned, seems to display properly.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

30 minutes ago, Whaler_99 said:

Yes, if you don't have the top nav bar pinned, seems to display properly.

I've been trying to look for that option but I couldn't find it.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I've been trying to look for that option but I couldn't find it.

Scroll up to the top, it's next to community.

FYI, make sure you are at the "top" of the forum, the next to the Community drop down, on the far left, you will notice a little Pin symbol. Hit it to pin and un-pin the nav bar.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99