Overclocking - Continuous beeps at startup when OCing over 3.6GHz

I recently installed a hyper 212 evo cooler for my i5 750, I am hoping to OC to 3.8GHz. I am able to OC to 3.4GHz without any changes the voltage, but when I try to go to 3.5GHz or 3.6 GHz my computer won't even post and the BIOS makes continuous short beeps (manuals saids it's "power error").

1.310 volts is the highest I've dare to try, but whenever I set my clock to exceed 3.4GHz it won't boot and it gives me the beep codes.

If I go to 1.350 volts or more will that make my computer boot at 3.6GHz? Is it worth the risk damaging my components? Or is 3.4GHz the limit?

go ahead. anything under 1.375-1.4 V on air is safe

but make sure temps are in check

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I do want to clarify that the reason my computer is posting is because I am giving it too little voltage for the clock speed? It's not that I've hit the bad end of the silicon lottery or my processor is old?

There is no "limit" in overclocking, at least not a solid one. Just increase the voltage if you experience crashes and go up until you reach temperatures that are too high for comfort. If you got the bad end of the silicon lottery then you will just need higher voltages (and therefore have higher temperatures) to achieve the same overclock.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

So I bumped my voltage to 1.375 volts, according to CPU Z, I then overclocked from 3.4GHz to 3.5GHz and I still got the continuous beeps when I tried turning on my pc. The Auto setting in my BIOS set voltage at 1.290 for 3.4GHz.

Is there another setting I need to adjust?

I don't think I even increased the RAM speed, I don't need more RAM speed. I heard that Gigabyte board underclock RAM, but i don't see how it effects the processor. I can post BIOS pics if it helps.

Hey I had the System Memory Multiplier at 8x, switch it to 6x and it boots at 3.5GHz!!!

What about voltage? My mobo has an Auto setting for voltage, do I just do 15 min stress test to check for stability?

At 3.4 and 3.5GHz it set voltage at 1.290V, when I bumped it to 3.6GHz it went up to 1.360V

Do I risk damaging if I undervolt too much? say 1.2V on 4GHz?