EU4

firestronk

Does anyone here play EU4 (Europa Universalis 4)? Just getting into the game and need some tips on. Played as France today, was doing well than a 250k man coalition formed against me, warred me and my 50k coalition with austria and we got steamrolled. 

France is good if you play the "retreat" Tactic. ;)

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You took too much land too fast. Watch your aggressive expansion. If it gets at 50 or above with another nation you might end up getting them to form a coalition against you. The coalition will fire based on strength(army size, manpower reserves,  wars involved in) of the coalition compared to you and your allies.

Pay attention to the terrain. You can win lopsided wars by  forcing the enemy to engage you on defensive terrain(forest/mountain/hills/marsh/jungle/woods) All of them give negatives to the attacker. You can stack them with a river crossings to give the attacker even more penalties.

Pay attention to attrition. Having a stack of 27 troops on  a territory that can only supply 15 is asking for trouble. You can easily lose thousands of manpower neglecting this.

Edited by noobadin

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

I was 14 years ahead in military tech, so I wasn't to worried about the terrain bonus due to the fact that I had so much men and the tech bonus gave me a massive advantage. I waited like 2 years, but no one's aggressive expansion went down.

Played a new game of EU4. Took some land (like 2 provinces), stationed my army in Paris and put my army funding to low to get money, Burgundy wars me, charges for Paris, rekts my army with no morale, I come back, win the war, take 4 more provinces and then a 220k man coalition forms........................ like wtf

8 hours ago, PhoenixArising said:

Played a new game of EU4. Took some land (like 2 provinces), stationed my army in Paris and put my army funding to low to get money, Burgundy wars me, charges for Paris, rekts my army with no morale, I come back, win the war, take 4 more provinces and then a 220k man coalition forms........................ like wtf

You probably took something you had no claim on and base tax was high. You can see the "aggressive expansion" modifiers in the peace deal page.