Whats the worst support you've ever dealt with?

Newegg. Wait for hours on hold only to be told that someone from the "correct department" would have to call me back. Never received that call

So glad I never really had any big issue with customer support with any company so far.

The worst I've had was just unresponsive support (no reply to tickets for weeks) or just plain unhelpful, clearly copy/pasting junk instead of someone actually looking at what my issue is... but that still generally gets solved after I reply back to tell them to actually read my god damn ticket to see that I've already done all the stuff they asked me to do in their copy/pasted message...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Steam took over 2 months to reply to my ticket...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Easily a combination of all the IT help desks that run the different intranet applications I use at work. We use so many different resources, it's hard to keep all of them straight.

ASUS

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Dell's customer support refused to refund an $1100 dollar laptop that my mom bought. The thing quit working after a few weeks of her using it once or twice a day for 30 mins to an hour at a time

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

For me it was HP, took me 3 days of back and forth on the phone with customer service for a laptop that was under warranty ... an older model I got at a good discount but still! Because it was a discontinued model (though it was brand new in the box with a legitimate proof of purchase) they somehow "couldn't find it in the system".

One of the rep even suggested I buy a new laptop since that one was old!!! WTF?

It took an email with threats of filling complaints to the consumer board (Quebec OPC). 12 hours later I had an email confirmation for my RGA ... motherboard replaced and it died 2 years later. That laptop wasn't worth what I paid for even if it was very cheap compared to the original price!!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

That moment when you go to get your replacement part at TigerDirect and the worker tries to sell you a UHD TV and the newest Galaxy phone after he shows you the Ethernet cables you came for.

Not really support, but just the tech store workers.

As well, that moment when you are walking through Best Buy and the Geek Squad is helping a lady with her broken laptop and you are able to correct them. Ha, "geeks". Give me a break.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

XSPC their tech guys could barely speak any English and I don't think they could read it either.  Then after one or two emails they refused to respond to any other email from my normal email adress....  Or the one I used after that to re-establish communication.

I Hope they enjoyed my complaint to  Trading Standards.  

Sager, XoticPC, Microsoft.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Asus. After a critical failure in a workstation motherboard (which we couldn't replace, and was under a business warranty) they took over a month to send back a replacement motherboard with bent pins. And nearly 6 weeks after that for the actual working board to show up. All while we were haemorrhaging money because we couldn't get another motherboard that had the features we needed. So 10 weeks of downtime with huge monetary loss to us and Asus all but refused to talk. It would've been actionable but "luckily" a hurricane hit my town and insurance had to compensate us for lost work anyway when we were without power for 2 weeks.

Amazon support is pretty awful. My dad's Fire HDX is using all our bandwidth and I ask for some help with turning off possible options to minimize its data consumption. And they respond with "turn off the device when it's not in use.". 

They should owe us 30 dollars for the overage fees considering that device alone consumed 150GB by just doing nothing. Or at least suggest a few possible fixes instead of being the basic ass tech support losers they are.

Spoiler

Ziggo (our ISP)

Since we got Ziggo, our WiFi never works and the modem we have to use is a piece of shit.

When we called them, they just said they could not gaurantee service, and told us to read the small letters of the contract. We read those, and it literally said they are not legally required to give us network/TV/telephone service, and when it does not work they are not approachable.

They told is a mechanic could come to our house, but if he could not find the issue we would have to pay over a €100 just for research costs.

We said no, because we were pretty sure some dumbnut would come over and immediately say "yep couldn't find the issue gib money pls"

They're like the cancer of ISP's.

No wonder their user count is dropping like a rock.

"If EA was an ISP"

1. Galaxytech, now Galaxtech
  2. ASUS

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

NewEgg.

I canceled an order because it was being stupid and for some reason wouldn't authorize my card. Was like okay, whatever. my i7 was fine, I'll just make do and get an SSD elsewhere.

Next day, i7 order randomly voided and all of a sudden my account is suspended, and all customer service does is respond to an email with "possible fraud".

When my bank account shows money deducted for the i7, how is it fraud...? The SSD was canceled just fine... >.>

Whatever, I got my money back, and I'll be using Amazon from now on. Not to mention their customer service took  a day to reply to me.

Core: i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Tactical Tracer Green LED Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Black 1TB Video Card: MSI GTX 970ME Case: NZXT Original Phantom Black/Green OS: Windows 10 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU

The windows 10 support. I was trying to make my printer work again.

"What's your Computer Brand?"

- "Computer Brand? You mean my motherboard?"

"No, your Computer Brand"

- "It's a desktop, I don't have a specific brand"

"Wait, let me check these facts" (Probably asking the real tech support)

I do understand that they need a wall of cheaper people compared to the real tech support not to waste their time with stupid questions but.. They could at least know what a desktop is.

Steam and Microsoft have been mine even when steam removed their contact number from the site they still provided a shit service

Y'know what's crazy? I had an excellent experience with microsoft yesterday. I was fixing a computer for a client and the validation key for windows was mysteriously broken. This was the factory install that came on the laptop but with limited functionality because the key wasn't valid anymore. So I called Microsoft and got routed through tech support and spoke to probably 4-5 people before getting on the line with good ol' Ashish. He remotes into the laptop, finds the key broken but finds that it is genuine, so he repairs the windows install and gives me a new key free of charge. Took a little while to get done but what can I say. It went pretty well. 

I own so little stuff that actually came from its own particular brand. Pretty much everything I have is used or built by me. Or both of those things. Except for my keyboard and mouse, which are a Quickfire TK and a G502, so those don't count - they're nigh indestructible, and have companies with legendary customer support backing them.

Ah, here's a good one. Apple. Because any chance to throw Apple and their poxy customer support under the bus is really great.

My parents had an iMac until about a few months ago. It had a Nehalem Core i5-750 running at 2.66GHz. Yeah. A 95W CPU with no/broken active cooling. That thing died multiple times and my parents would not throw it away. They refused for years. Then finally, it kicked the bucket entirely, and that was it. Apple went over it and [basically] said "yep, it's toast.". I was told to bring the computer and a hard drive into a store to back up all the stuff on the machine. Now, me being me, I have lots of hard drives lying around. So I went "ok", grabbed a 2TB HDD and headed straight over to the Apple store. The techie (who was super old and super grumpy - I've since noticed that people who work at apple stores are either the misfit hipsters of society, miserable or both) asked me if I'd brought the hard drive. I pulled out the hard drive from its antistatic bag, he looks at it, sighs and goes "uhhh, we're not supposed to use those"
I go "I don't have anything else big enough, and damned if I'm going to go down the mall and buy an overpriced external drive for one lousy backup."
he says "well, it's not static safe" and I go :dry: "My hobby is building computers, and I have nowhere to build except for carpet. It's fine."
He finally gives up trying to explain to me why it's unsafe to use one - because there was literally no risk of that ever happening in a mall with a hard floor and no balloons - goes into the back, pulls out a hard drive cage, grumbling about techies ruining their lives, or these damn kids or whatever. He brings back the hard drive caddy and goes "You know, we're really not supposed to do this --"
"I don't care, if you're too scared to plug the damn thing in, I'll do it."
I end up plugging in the drive, he starts the utility to pull the stuff off of the machine.

640GB of my dad's old stuff.
Over a USB 2.0 interface.

I wasn't allowed to leave the mall. In retrospect, I really should have just left.

I spent 8 hours there before the guys comes back and says they're closing. So I just packed up and leave with what I could grab off of the old machine. That was the most horrible experience I've ever had, and I never want to go into another Apple store ever again. They couldn't just bring it into the back and do it over the next day or so, no, that would have made too much sense. 8 hours of being surrounded by hipsters, gullible people and gullible hipsters.

I hate Apple so much...

Wow, thank good I never had issues with Asus products yet lol

Mine would be tie between Valve and Verizon. 

Valve: A/C got hacked and had no current credentials to prove it was me (old credit card on file, old email, etc. etc. Kind of my fault but still). I had to go through MICROSOFT to reclaim my email and then go back to steam support to continue the ticket. They still didn't help me. Eventually I got access to it again through other means...

Verizon: 9 out of 10 times I always have issues with them. Most recently, I switched to Project Fi and tried to get my acc. info to transfer numbers. They were super nice and helpful up until I told them the reason why I needed it lol. After that they tried to persuade me to stay over and over and when I firmly told them no, the call magically disconnected. Attempted live chat after that and same thing...fast replies and help up until I gave the reason. Then the chat died. Thankfully my contract was up anyway so Google was able to transfer it for me after a couple tries. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Telkom... Probably the worst customer service in the world, a study was done and on average you have to wait 40 min till they put you through to an agent and after they agree to connect your Internet or whatever service you are paying them for they either take about 2 months or never get back to you

-The Budget Gamer

Edited by The_Budget_Gamer

ASUS

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch