Is Adobe CC Worth It?

Yuiii

Magix or Adobe?  

1. 1. Which one?

• Movie Edit Pro + GIMP
    • Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop/Fireworks.

Hi, 

Me and my friend have recently begun to get into YouTube and I have been using Magix Movie Edit Pro 2015. This has been fine for producing gaming videos but as I am beginning to produce tech videos with B-Roll and lots of background music as well as CorridorDigital-like films.

I have been noticing that there have been things that I cannot do easily in Magix but that I could in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Is it worth investing in the Adobe Suite and if so, why?

Thank you so much!

;)

George

Try DaVinci Resolve 12 Free, it's a full NLE. Adobe CC is worth it if you're willing to pay for it.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

Try DaVinci Resolve 12 Free, it's a full NLE. Adobe CC is worth it if you're willing to pay for it.

Thank you, downloading it now! :) 

I use it all the time. I have the student discount and with that I feel its worth it.. but really its up to you i''m sure theres other programs that can do it for cheaper :)

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

I use it all the time. I have the student discount and with that I feel its worth it.. but really its up to you i''m sure theres other programs that can do it for cheaper :)

Thank you, as I am in secondary school I can get the student discount. Does the lower price expire after a year, the details aren't too clear? :)

2 minutes ago, berzerk_jaffa123 said:

Thank you, as I am in secondary school I can get the student discount. Does the lower price expire after a year, the details aren't too clear? :)

yeah it does but if you're still a student just call em up and tell them to put you on for another year:) they'll send you reminders so you won't miss out.

I use VideoPad for my edits. It's easy to use 

YouTuber - Vlogger - Technology Blog

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

yeah it does but if you're still a student just call em up and tell them to put you on for another year:)

Thank you!

I use it and love it. IMO if your going for the professional level videos you should use professional level editing programs :) just my two cents.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Just keep in mind, Premiere Pro and After Effects will be a big step up from what you might have been using before.  There is a big learning curve.  But those who master it will be able to use almost any other professional NLE out there.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, Cvdasfg said:

I use it and love it. IMO if your going for the professional level videos you should use professional level editing programs :) just my two cents.

Thanks! All I have to do is explain to my parents that this is important. They are already annoyed at me for wanting a Das Keyboard 4 :/

Just now, ALwin said:

Just keep in mind, Premiere Pro and After Effects will be a big step up from what you might have been using before.  There is a big learning curve.  But those who master it will be able to use almost any other professional NLE out there.

I know, that is the main reason I am hesitant but I think it will be a good learning curve to take as it is the most widely used. ;)

Worth it for me only because I was able to get the student discount on it and am using a lot of the bundled software. If it wasn't for that and the fact that I occasionally use it for work, I would've found an alternative or stuck to older versions of Cs suites.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

8 minutes ago, ALwin said:

This. The only thing their free version doesn't support is multi-GPU, 3D, and 4K video. I think a lot of people don't really use that stuff anyway so yeah. Also they have their Fusion software as well which does things kinda like After Effects, it's very different from AE but seems pretty nice.

16 minutes ago, royalba94 said:

This. The only thing their free version doesn't support is multi-GPU, 3D, and 4K video. I think a lot of people don't really use that stuff anyway so yeah. Also they have their Fusion software as well which does things kinda like After Effects, it's very different from AE but seems pretty nice.

Yeah, that's fine for me. I may check out After Effects* as well. ;-) 

*Fusion

www.pir**ebay.se

ur best freind

censored link because not allwed on fourms

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Just now, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

www.pir**ebay.se

ur best freind

censored link because not allwed on fourms

I know where you are talking about but I am not going to resort to that to get what I want.

3 hours ago, berzerk_jaffa123 said:

I know where you are talking about but I am not going to resort to that to get what I want.

Huehue

I got whole adobe suite for 100% free

Im telling you its worth getting into that

In other words adobe suite is worth it imo

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Just now, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Huehue

I got whole adobe suite for 100% free

Im telling you its worth getting into that

In other words adobe suite is worth it imo

I understand what you are saying but Windows 10 can, reportedly, pick on ******d software so even bigger reason not to.