Sony announces a6300 and it does 4k.

bob345
21 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Perhaps its time to switch to E-Mount with a metabones adapter. 

Pretty much my exact thought. If the af is as good with canon class and a metabones adapter as people are saying, its definitely going to be a great choice for allot of people.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 hours ago, TroubleKlef said:

Perhaps its time to switch to E-Mount with a metabones adapter. 

For a video camera with interchangeable lenses, Sony E-mount makes a lot of sense.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Welp, now I have no real excuse to not convert to Sony. Sure, the battery consumption is gonna be brought up, but for the price... for B-rolling to say the least, its a great deal.

i still want to see what the battery life is like before pulling the trigger

3 minutes ago, HeyKenGuy said:

i still want to see what the battery life is like before pulling the trigger

its going to be the same as what the a7II offeres or maybe marginally better. It wont be a camera you are going to be shooting video all day with. I can almost guarantee that.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz