Swiftkey acquired by Microsoft

VIzMAN

Swiftkey has been acquired by Microsoft to help with there mission "to enhance interaction between people and technology"

Good news for Swiftkey and bad for the customer? You tell me, I'm not sold yet.

Direct news link: https://blog.swiftkey.com/microsoft-acquires-swiftkey/

CPU: i5 3570K 4GHz - GPU: EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2 - Storage: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB in Raid 0, 1TB WD Green, 1TB WD Black, 64GB OCZ SSD - Mobo: ASRock Pro 4 - Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212EVO - Case: Corsair 450D

And now microsoft knows even more about me. Great, to be honest I don't really care, as long as it doesn't change I'm fine with it. Wasn't it on windows phone in which there were nothing but fake swift key clones that were scams, I remember linus talking about it a while back on the WAN show. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

meh. couldn't care less. but then again I don't use swiftkey. I use whatever microsoft uses for their windows phones witch seems to work well.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Just now, werto165 said:

as it doesn't change I'm fine with it. 

Apparently nothing will be changing on Android and IOS and it will still be offered free with timely updates. Interesting what could happen with it with Swiftkey being able to use Microsofts tech. It'll probably make its way into Windows phone as a stock keyboard shortly and maybe even some windows features, that would be cool.

CPU: i5 3570K 4GHz - GPU: EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2 - Storage: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB in Raid 0, 1TB WD Green, 1TB WD Black, 64GB OCZ SSD - Mobo: ASRock Pro 4 - Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212EVO - Case: Corsair 450D

Just now, VIzMAN said:

Apparently nothing will be changing on Android and IOS and it will still be offered free with timely updates. Interesting what could happen with it with Swiftkey being able to use Microsofts tech. It'll probably make its way into Windows phone as a stock keyboard shortly and maybe even some windows features, that would be cool.

Wait it's free now? I bought it a while ago, or do you mean future updates are free? Swift key isn't really the only feature that would make me switch to windows phone, lack of apps is just the main issue, the app that my uni offers doesn't offer a windows phone app AFAIK. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just now, werto165 said:

Wait it's free now? I bought it a while ago, or do you mean future updates are free? Swift key isn't really the only feature that would make me switch to windows phone, lack of apps is just the main issue, the app that my uni offers doesn't offer a windows phone app AFAIK. 

Yeah it's been free for about a year now. I too bought it WAY back in the day when it had not long launched , never used another keyboard since really apart from the odd dabble with swype