Build Log Filter

Tmt97
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

In theory, tags should work for that, but unfortunately there's no way for us to enforce tagging in one subforum only.

It's something that we could look into in the future though.

Does anyone else think that there should be a way to filter through the build logs section so that I can view actual build logs, rather than sift through 10 threads full of text describing future plans and one blurry picture of some un-purchased components? I'd just like to be able to read through a couple legit build logs for once rather than reading about people that say they might do something at some point. So I decided to make this an official suggestion. Please make this real. :D

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Yes. Something like "Filter by Complete builds" "In progress builds" and "Plan" or something like that.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

I mean there is a tag system where you can see if the builds are actually "Completed" or "In-Progress"

But if you are very specific and want something that you know has content in it, most of the time users would include their build logs in their signature. 

In theory, tags should work for that, but unfortunately there's no way for us to enforce tagging in one subforum only.

HTTP/2 203

Perhaps there should be a section for completed and a different section for WIP or planning logs. 

47 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

Perhaps there should be a section for completed and a different section for WIP or planning logs. 

I don't see any reason why this couldn't be done, or would be any more difficult to enforce than what we have with all the other sections on the forum.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Instead of using tags, why not make sub forums, where the person puts their thread into the necessary sub forum? idk if that makes sense. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

7 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Instead of using tags, why not make sub forums, where the person puts their thread into the necessary sub forum? idk if that makes sense. 

But then mods would have to be constantly moving threads between the subforums when their category changes. 

HTTP/2 203