Why is my PC Bottlenecking in Games?

Hello, (See PC Specs on profile)

I will include My Specs Here too:

System

• CPUIntel Xeon E5 1620 @ 3.60GHz Sandy Bridge-EP/EX 32nm Technology
  • MotherboardDell Inc. 08HPGT (Chipset Model: Sandy Bridge-E) (Southbridge Model: X79)
  • RAM 2x8GB NON-ECC , 1333MHz-1600MHz, 16GB (DDR3) (9-9-9-24)
  • GPUGeForce GTX 980 4gb Windforce OC
  • Casedell precision t3600
  • Storage465GB ATA Samsung SSD 850 SCSI + 1863GB ATA ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI
  • PSUdell precision t3600/635w (Dell Dual PSU Design)
  • Display(s)DELL U2412M
  • CoolingDell precision T3600 Default Fans
  • SoundRealtek High Definition Audio
  • Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64Bit

http://www.driverscloud.com/en/configuration/74bcee8f021c42439eabcfac4299ebb6-32/pci-cards

(Read The Info Below Before asking something that is already answered, thanks)

so here is:

The Problem:

I get choppy/non-smooth fps, frame-skipping when something enters my screen, or when for example in league of legends a minion/ai spawns, before that I have no issues, when minions spawn or effects that unpredictable take place I get fps issues. It happens also when I do not move the camera but instead a player enters my view usually in unpredictable cases, when they are on the sides they are skipping frames for a moment, in heroes of the storm I get constant fps drops from the point the

minions spawn and all the way till the end, when battles occur I get worse fps skip. I can even get this in Star Craft 2 offline mode, but much less.
It is kinda like playing in 30 fps or less. In the start of the game before the minion spawn or many effects like smoke take place I get no issues and everything runs butter smooth.

Kinda happens in all my games, I hope this description will help you trace the problem.

What I did:

Here are some things I have done so far:
Clean install of Windows (7 and 10) and drivers, latest drivers on all devices.
No processes that could interrupt my game or the system in a negative way, even without antivirus.
Played a lot with nvidia control panel and in game settings as suggested, as well as power options of windows and bios configurations as well (eg: disabled speedstep, hyperthread, c-states etc.)
Contacted ISP for assistance, no issues with my connection, it is pretty fast actually and with big bandwidth.
Changed PcieGen2 to PcieGen3 using a patch for my MotherBoard/ChipSet.

Contacted companies related to components and games.
Repaired Corrupted files of windows
Checked temps of all components and even played at high fan speed for extreme cool temps.
Checked if PSU is able to feed the GPU card.
Checked for cpu/gpu usage to see if it is normal while in game.
Clean Installed Nvidia Device Drivers as recommended by nvidia.

All device drivers are Up to Date. No missing drivers.
Did Dell Diagnostics test, and memtest86+, scanned storage devices as well.

I optimized DPC latency.

Played while on High Fan-Speed mode which was configured in bios to check if it runs better with better temps.
Got the OS into an SSD Samsung 850 evo.
Used DDU to clean and install nvidia display driver.
I tried vsync off and vsync on as well as adaptive vsync with either in game vsync on or off.
I am planning on replacing my ram.
Remember, it happened from the moment I got the machine.

I swapped GPU Cards and models.

I swapped Ram kit and also tried dual channel instead of quad channel with 16gb non-ecc.

I swapped Monitors (and Used HDMI).

I swapped Motherboard (Dell Warranty).

Technician Swapped my CPU with the motherboard (Warranty).

I disabled and re-enabled the page file, I also tried to extend it and tried to make it system-managed as well.

It happened with 2 different ISPs.

I set power Options to performance.

I tried disabling all C-States by which the CPU ran at constant utilization 100% and still got the issue.

Updated all game components like Directx/Visual C++/Adobe Air/Framework (they get downloaded automatically anyway).

I tried testing my ram modules and got one of them broke so I will get a new kit of 2x8gb ones with recommended specs by OEM product sheet. The replacement will be a G.Skill Trident, the 1600mhz one.
 Moving on, I monitored the temps and they are all in acceptable levels when stressed.
In bios There is not much I can change in my machine, it is OEM board so it is hard to change for example Memory timings.

It is hard to see it as software related or OS related issue. As well as of broken parts.
You can check my specs out to see if you can find any solution or think of anything fresh.

I may did try more than that, its been a while.

Progress:

I managed to improve performance in some games by doing the following:

-Enabled the hidden options in power options of control panel in order to disable cpu throttling properly which improved performance in GW2.

-Used some specific options on NvidiaInspector in order to improve performance in BnS.

-Still struggling on Heroes of the Storm.

-In League Of Legends the problem was reported to be a bug by the game company which was later fixed even thought it was not that noticed by some of the players.

I tried disabling all C-States and make the CPU Use 100% resources + had high speed on my fans (40C) and did not see improvement in performance while in game.

Latencymon shows this result, which is still moving my interest:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU SPEED
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reported CPU speed:                                   3591 MHz
Measured CPU speed:                                   1 MHz (approx.)
Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.
WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature

Here is my PSU Sticker:

IMG_20160122_212442.thumb.jpg.1f7821626a

Below are some graphs when running an example Game (Heroes of the storm):

Normal:

retertertertery5y53ry53y.thumb.png.9bc94

Another One:

56b26c4b5c723_retertertertery5y53ry53y2.

Heroes of the storm overall benchmark (no vsync):

hotsbenchmark3414145.thumb.png.2378375b6

and With DSR X4.00(to lift some load from the cpu as suggested):

56b28daf082ef_retertertertery5y53ry53yDS

Here are some results of The Witcher 3, Running on Ultra(some time I was browsing the inventory, and some other I was fighting), click fullsize to see it better:

witcher3bench2525124.thumb.png.f5dea799c

Guild Wars 2 High settings(Was getting this effect depending on what I was looking, for example a foggy valley gave me almost lag-like performance):

e4k5e45kmj356j45.thumb.png.e54e3359cb4c4

Blade and Soul benchmark (normal settings, still the same effect, more often than gw2):

bns2521512test.thumb.png.1f44e64ef724c37

Another, longer Blade and Soul Benchmark:

BnStestbenchmark2.thumb.png.998a85210a71

Why is my PC bottle-necking like that... :(

,Thanks Guys.

Update 1: I recorded some footage a while back:

Update 2: It is not like this(It is NOT a lag): 

is it possible the games have corrupt files in them?

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

That is a lot of information. Just as a side point, I would list your specs anyway so people don't have to go rooting through your profile, it'll help streamline the process.

Secondly, I would download MSI Afterburner (if you haven't already got it) and monitor your CPU + GPU usage as well as your CPU + GPU clock. If you need some help with setting this up, someone can instruct you.

Once set up, play as your normally would and make sure it stutters a few times. Once done, exit and check the Afterburner stats to see where the problem lies. It could be that your CPU isn't up to par (although it seems to be fairly potent given its clock and it's a Xeon), or your GPU may have an issue that would warrant an RMA. A clean install of Windows makes the software bottleneck a little less likely, so we won't concern ourselves with that for the time being.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

4 minutes ago, guitarboy012001 said:

is it possible the games have corrupt files in them?

No

4 minutes ago, TheCaptain53 said:

That is a lot of information. Just as a side point, I would list your specs anyway so people don't have to go rooting through your profile, it'll help streamline the process.

Secondly, I would download MSI Afterburner (if you haven't already got it) and monitor your CPU + GPU usage as well as your CPU + GPU clock. If you need some help with setting this up, someone can instruct you.

Once set up, play as your normally would and make sure it stutters a few times. Once done, exit and check the Afterburner stats to see where the problem lies. It could be that your CPU isn't up to par (although it seems to be fairly potent given its clock and it's a Xeon), or your GPU may have an issue that would warrant an RMA. A clean install of Windows makes the software bottleneck a little less likely, so we won't concern ourselves with that for the time being.

I have split beliefs on the xeon matter, many say it should and much less say it should not work. Anyway

I have monitored my Usages, Here are some of the results:

Using speccy(hard to see though):
MA_Specs.png
Gpu test GPU-Z 1: gpuu-uuu-uu-uuuuu-2.png
Gpu test GPU-Z 2: scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamjbb.png
GPU Afterburner Graph with vsync: 1111111111.png
Gpu Afterburner Graph without vsync:
part1: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/one-png.71354/
part2: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/two-png.71355/
part3: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/three-png.71356/
part4: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/four-png.71357/

Are you sure you were running it without VSYNC? The core clock seems to be going all over the place.

If you can, I would monitor the CPU clock speeds in Afterburner and eliminate that as a bottleneck, but I suspect no. 

If you regularly run games with VSYNC, try running it with Adaptive VSYNC instead which can be found in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

3 minutes ago, TheCaptain53 said:

Are you sure you were running it without VSYNC? The core clock seems to be going all over the place.

If you can, I would monitor the CPU clock speeds in Afterburner and eliminate that as a bottleneck, but I suspect no. 

If you regularly run games with VSYNC, try running it with Adaptive VSYNC instead which can be found in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I did, I included an updated version of what I did on my initial post.

I also have the tests I did with and without vsync, processor is also included in one of the 4 last links..

I meant in MSI Afterburner, then at least if the clock on the CPU is dropping, we can link it to performance drops on the GPU.

I would change your monitoring to look at the following:

• GPU power
  • GPU usage
  • GPU core clock
  • GPU Temp
  • Framerate
  • Frametime
  • CPU 0 clock
  • CPU 1 clock
  • CPU 2 clock
  • CPU 3 clock

We'll then be able to evaluate why the stuttering is occuring if we can see what your PC is doing at the same time.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, TheCaptain53 said:

I meant in MSI Afterburner, then at least if the clock on the CPU is dropping, we can link it to performance drops on the GPU.

I would change your monitoring to look at the following:

• GPU power
  • GPU usage
  • GPU core clock
  • GPU Temp
  • Framerate
  • Frametime
  • CPU 0 clock
  • CPU 1 clock
  • CPU 2 clock
  • CPU 3 clock

We'll then be able to evaluate why the stuttering is occuring if we can see what your PC is doing at the same time.

Here you go, I dced for a moment so the last part is when I dced so, but it happened only this time.

Usually my internet is good and crystal clear.

So anyway, the inside the red one is when in game.

Thats the best I could record.

retertertertery5y53ry53y.png

Here is a better one:

retertertertery5y53ry53y.thumb.png.ecf93

RAM sticks seems kinda slow tried a faster kit or OCed them?

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

30 minutes ago, Nena360 said:

RAM sticks seems kinda slow tried a faster kit or OCed them?

I will get the G.Skill trident 1600mhz 2x8gb kit soon.

I think you were on that thread.

I cannot OC on this board, further plans on upgrading on the future will be made but for now, I will focus on small improvements like that.

I only can OC my GPU of course. But no need since it is already OCed by gigabyte.

2 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

I will get the G.Skill trident 1600mhz 2x8gb kit soon.

I think you were on that thread.

I cannot OC on this board, further plans on upgrading on the future will be made but for now, I will focus on small improvements like that.

I only can OC my GPU of course. But no need since it is already OCed by gigabyte.

If the RAM does not help then your best bet is the CPU? :P

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

13 minutes ago, Nena360 said:

If the RAM does not help then your best bet is the CPU? :P

Nah I mean, we need to monitor it first, I included info above, I need someone experienced to review it.

Thing if I replace my cpu I need new board as well as new psu and case.

Kinda like getting a new PC.

So lets just focus on what is causing it for now. If we judge it is the CPU then we will go for a possible solution about it.

2 hours ago, TwinDenis said:

Nah I mean, we need to monitor it first, I included info above, I need someone experienced to review it.

Thing if I replace my cpu I need new board as well as new psu and case.

Kinda like getting a new PC.

So lets just focus on what is causing it for now. If we judge it is the CPU then we will go for a possible solution about it.

CPU is getting hammered to ~90%, GPU is twiddling its thumbs from 20-30% . Try enabling DSR and run the game tests in 4k or a higher resolution and compare the graphs. 

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Do you have hyper threading enabled? Only seeing 4? Settings in bios correct?

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and checking your background processes. If the game is on an SSD, and you're running a moderately powerful quad core with a GeForce 980, when a modern ultrabook with integrated graphics will run LoL just fine, then it's not hardware.

Core i7 5820k 4.0Ghz (all 6 cores, Noctua NH-D15) | Asus X99-Deluxe | ZOTAC GeForce 980 Ti (water cooled) @ 1400 core/stock VRAM | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 | 1.5TB SSD | Corsair 400Q | eVGA Supernova G2 850 watt | Dell UltraSharp U2515H, 25.5" 1440p IPS

DX11 games get bottlenecked by the single thread performance. Your CPU3 is >90% usage so your CPU is bottlenecked. As posted above, you can try enabling dsr for 1440p or 4k to see if that will reduce the CPU load.

Choppy/non-smooth FPS is exactly what CPU bottleneck feels like FYI,  

45 minutes ago, runit3 said:

CPU is getting hammered to ~90%, GPU is twiddling its thumbs from 20-30% . Try enabling DSR and run the game tests in 4k or a higher resolution and compare the graphs. 

Yes here is the next graph:

56b26a03b1f48_retertertertery5y53ry53y2.

16 minutes ago, tuffjuff said:

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and checking your background processes. If the game is on an SSD, and you're running a moderately powerful quad core with a GeForce 980, when a modern ultrabook with integrated graphics will run LoL just fine, then it's not hardware.

Then what is it?

I tried to reinstall of course.

I disabled hyperthread as someone told me to because it would run games better. But I saw no difference.

13 minutes ago, bomerr said:

DX11 games get bottlenecked by the single thread performance. Your CPU3 is >90% usage so your CPU is bottlenecked. As posted above, you can try enabling dsr for 1440p or 4k to see if that will reduce the CPU load.

Choppy/non-smooth FPS is exactly what CPU bottleneck feels like FYI,  

Actually one of my cpu is used much but the others re not used. Why is that also?

Anyway I have one more above as requested.

6 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

Yes here is the next graph:

56b26a03b1f48_retertertertery5y53ry53y2.

Then what is it?

I tried to reinstall of course.

I disabled hyperthread as someone told me to because it would run games better. But I saw no difference.

Actually one of my cpu is used much but the others re not used. Why is that also?

Anyway I have one more above as requested.

Have you checked the Windows Task Manager to see what else may be spiking the CPU? Personally, if I put enough time into troubleshooting this kind of problem with no fix, I'd reformat the OS drive and reinstall Windows. Simple, yet effective.

Core i7 5820k 4.0Ghz (all 6 cores, Noctua NH-D15) | Asus X99-Deluxe | ZOTAC GeForce 980 Ti (water cooled) @ 1400 core/stock VRAM | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 | 1.5TB SSD | Corsair 400Q | eVGA Supernova G2 850 watt | Dell UltraSharp U2515H, 25.5" 1440p IPS

11 minutes ago, tuffjuff said:

Have you checked the Windows Task Manager to see what else may be spiking the CPU? Personally, if I put enough time into troubleshooting this kind of problem with no fix, I'd reformat the OS drive and reinstall Windows. Simple, yet effective.

Please take the time to check on what I tried on the main post, because it will take less time for everyone to figure it out, I mean the answer is there I took the time to include everything I recall doing.

Clean install of windows, different OS and even different storage device (SSD).

I did not find anything weird from my task manager usages, and it was not spiking in the task manager from what I saw, at least nothing used the cpu at this time. For example right now the only thing that uses my cpu is "System Idle Process".

Nothing else.

Here it is.

4t34t34g4g534g53q6gg.thumb.png.a150a8efb

Why on earth would you disable hyperthreading?

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

4 minutes ago, SirCallow said:

Why on earth would you disable hyperthreading?

People from forums suggested it would be better to disable it because it would cause issues in games.

If that is not the case then what can I do?...

Just now, TwinDenis said:

People from forums suggested it would be better to disable it because it would cause issues in games.

Personally I would have just left it enabled, but I doubt that it is the cause of your issue. None of your parts were bad in terms of quality, which makes me think that something is faulty. My guess would be RAM? I don't know a lot of people who use Xeons for gaming, but I do not think that is your issue. I shall dive deeper into the internet to see if I can resolve your issue.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

19 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

Enable HT.

What game were you testing in DSR? LoL, HoTS, and SC2 are some of the most core dependent games you could play. I'm not surprised your Xeon is bottlenecking the 980, but I am surprised to the extent in which it is doing it -especially at DSR.

One more thing, from this diagram which x16 slot is your GPU plugged into?

slot.thumb.JPG.8e53586bc3fb340ea676d1e20

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

2 minutes ago, runit3 said:

Enable HT.

What game were you testing in DSR? LoL, HoTS, and SC2 are some of the most core dependent games you could play. I'm not surprised your Xeon is bottlenecking the 980, but I am surprised to the extent in which it is doing it -especially at DSR.

One more thing, from this diagram which x16 slot is your GPU plugged into?

slot.thumb.JPG.8e53586bc3fb340ea676d1e20

it is in position 5 I have tried 3 as well, 2 has less pins besides the slot.

I used Heroes of the storm as an example.

In league of legends it happens mostly when something enters the screen more than when I pan over it. And it skips frames, only anything related to the unit skips frames, the other elements are normal usually, depends since it is really situation. Some games react differently but they all skip frames to some extent, the fps counter either fraps or in game one is always at 60 or so. Depends on my settings, if vsync it is 60 if not it is more. Adaptive vsync acts the same way.

ps: Anyway, a little out of topic but, what is DSR and why are you surprised it is doing it even with it enabled?

1 minute ago, TwinDenis said:

it is in position 5 I have tried 3 as well, 2 has less pins besides the slot.

I used Heroes of the storm as an example.

In league of legends it happens mostly when something enters the screen more than when I pan over it. And it skips frames, only anything related to the unit skips frames, the other elements are normal usually, depends since it is really situation. Some games react differently but they all skip frames to some extent, the fps counter either fraps or in game one is always at 60 or so. Depends on my settings, if vsync it is 60 if not it is more. Adaptive vsync acts the same way.

ps: Anyway, a little out of topic but, what is DSR and why are you surprised it is doing it even with it enabled?

Soooo you didn't enable DSR and change the resolution to 4k? or you did? DSR = Dynamic Super Resolution. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

You need to enable DSR, then go into the game and change the resolution up to 4k. Your FPS will likely be lower, but the corresponding readout on the graph should give your GPU a huge spike in usage (near 90-100%) and should take some load off the CPU.