Add "quick button" for read acknowledgement.

Bittenfleax

Something like these a9f4f1cfb873fdfd72b1ec4c76d25735.pngbut not next to them as it does not have the same function. But something just to notify the creator of the reply that you have read it or acknowledged their reply kind of like an "Okay" or "Alright". Instead of replying "Ok". 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Umm? Is there really need for something like that? I don't need poster which I have agreed etc. to say anything back. And for quoting/tagging I can answer by posting or repping them. You do get notifications for tagging/quoting/repping.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Umm? Is there really need for something like that? I don't need poster which I have agreed etc. to say anything back. And for quoting/tagging I can answer by posting or repping them. You do get notifications for tagging/quoting/repping.

I think it will fit in well. There does not need to be a notification, just when someone looks he knows that the person helping them is still active. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

4 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

I think it will fit in well. There does not need to be a notification, just when someone looks he knows that the person helping them is still active. 

Still don't see use of repping them back. Or liking them back as FB would be. You can see if person is online by previewing profile (hover over username) or checking if they still have thread open from footer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Still don't see use of repping them back. Or liking them back as FB would be. You can see if person is online by previewing profile (hover over username) or checking if they still have thread open from footer.

Not a "like". Just a small icon to show that you have read it.

8 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Not a "like". Just a small icon to show that you have read it.

Most people receive notifications when their posts are rep'd. Do you really feel like you need to know when receiver has seen that you rep'd them?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Most people receive notifications when their posts are rep'd. Do you really feel like you need to know when receiver has seen that you rep'd them?

No, this is a substitute to a reply. I think it is polite to acknowledge something someone has said.

1 hour ago, Bittenfleax said:

Something like these a9f4f1cfb873fdfd72b1ec4c76d25735.pngbut not next to them as it does not have the same function.

Except it does have the same function. If you use any of these. (mainly "agree" or "good point" though) it shows the poster that you have aknowledged the post without having to reply with a message.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1 minute ago, squirrl said:

Except it does have the same function. If you use any of these. (mainly "agree" or "good point" though) it shows the poster that you have aknowledged the post without having to reply with a message.

True, but I thought it could be on the other side. Because these are more "feedback" buttons. The one I am saying is a general one.

6 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

No, this is a substitute to a reply. I think it is polite to acknowledge something someone has said.

And thats exactly reason why we have repping. You can use them to quickly and without posting again acknowledge others. If you need to thank you repping you, PM or post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

And thats exactly reason why we have repping. You can use them to quickly and without posting again acknowledge others. If you need to thank you repping you, PM or post.

There is no "universial" rep. Only positive. I might agree with someone, but also not like what they are saying. Was just an idea. 

1 minute ago, Bittenfleax said:

There is no "universial" rep. Only positive. I might agree with someone, but also not like what they are saying. Was just an idea. 

If you don't like something, don't rep it. Or post explaining why you don't like that. LMG/LTTForums don't want to add negative reps for possilbe bullying issues.

(We had disagree on beta....)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

don't want to add negative reps for possilbe bullying issues

Yes, and that is why I believe that a neutral acknowledgement button would do well. 

What would it be used for? Like, what type of post actually needs some sort of acknowledgement that it has been read?

If we did add something like that, would it be open to just the OP, or everyone in the thread? It would seem a bit strange if everyone can acknowledge a post, but it would also seem arbitrarily restrictive if it was restricted to just the OP.

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What would it be used for? Like, what type of post actually needs some sort of acknowledgement that it has been read?

If we did add something like that, would it be open to just the OP, or everyone in the thread? It would seem a bit strange if everyone can acknowledge a post, but it would also seem arbitrarily restrictive if it was restricted to just the OP.

It would be for everyone. Not for the question/original post, but for convo's within a post. Here is an example of where it could be used:

34a60fc0ca1b15ba801e8694783f27fa.png

de1200fd29fbc732dcdcf24f0c2728c3.png

Instead of me replying to that, I could just press the "Acknowledged button". 

23 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Yeah I guess the "good point" "agree" etc are too specific 

We need an "okay" button, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, Bittenfleax said:

It would be for everyone. Not for the question/original post, but for convo's within a post. Here is an example of where it could be used:

34a60fc0ca1b15ba801e8694783f27fa.png

de1200fd29fbc732dcdcf24f0c2728c3.png

Did you really need to reply to that at all? The other person didn't gain anything from you acknowledging that you have read the post saying that it didn't help him imo. 

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Did you really need to reply to that at all? The other person didn't gain anything from you acknowledging that you have read the post saying that it didn't help him imo. 

That is why we need the button. So we don't have to reply all of that. It will add assurance, but that is just one out of many examples where it could be useful. Personally, if I was in spwath's position, I would like to know that the person trying to help me acknowledged it. More positive moral when I know I have people trying to help and acknowledging what I say. 

13 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

That is why we need the button. So we don't have to reply all of that. It will add assurance, but that is just one out of many examples where it could be useful. Personally, if I was in spwath's position, I would like to know that the person trying to help me acknowledged it. More positive moral when I know I have people trying to help and acknowledging what I say. 

Hmmm maybe. The advrep app doesn't support anything like that at the moment, but it's something that we could consider adding in the future. 

HTTP/2 203

Cool, sounds good xD

Thanks