Windows 8 Gains Ground, Scurries Past Mac OS X in Market Share

Kind of funny it took this long. if they made a better windows 8 probably would of happened at a month or two after launch.

Back from the dead....

no i cant use it its horrible stupid metro give me a proper start button and let us disable metro and ill get in open arms until then ill stick with good old windows 7 and yes i have used win 8 multiple times from dev preview all the way up to release etc and i still hate it.

windows 8.... its ok not really an improvement for windows 7 desktop users. It is great for touchscreens though. I think Microsoft should improve the desktop experience more rather than the tablet one. And also put in a switch in settings that is "desktop mode" (on/off) that makes the system only use the desktop interface part of windows 8.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I just slapped on StartIsBack and never use the Metro interface *shrug*

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Had it since the dev preview and now I'm using 8.1. I've always liked it. :P

why on earth are consumers using beta versions of software for their everyday usage machines! that bothers me a lot.... God forbid, but what if something went wrong and you lost everything!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Use it on my laptop. Then again, it came with it and the mobo won't allow me to go 7. Downloaded ClassicShell and it's all good.

Guess that people who tried Windows 8 preview decided to switch to Windows 8 because of its fast boot speeds. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have had it since release, Love it. works great for my desktop. EMBRACE IT!

Same, I like it so much better than 7. Metro is not really that annoying. Only takes one button to make it go away. The new search function is amazing! Makes it so much easier to open applications.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I've been using it since it was released, I like it. I've slapped StartIsBack on it and I never even see the Metro/Modern UI crap.

why on earth are consumers using beta versions of software for their everyday usage machines! that bothers me a lot.... God forbid, but what if something went wrong and you lost everything!

um maybe because they want to try it before release lol and pretty sure u should back up everything anyway weither or not its a dev preview or not -_-

who said he wasnt a dev? And who said it was on his everyday machine? He probably had it on a second machine or dual booted

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015