[Finished] The number cruncher: Triple Xeon passive mineral oil cooling [Update 12: Final pictures and summary]

4 minutes ago, Trey222 said:

Such as awesome build. 

Thank you :)

I'm thinking about a Ryzen update, but I won't touch the machine until September 2017 due to time and finance reasons.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

that 65w sku 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

On 23.2.2017 at 9:37 AM, Heesleemer said:

that 65w sku 

With the Xeons I burn 2x 130 watts, so there is no need for a low power CPU when it comes to cooling.

But for the price of the Ryzen 1800X I can also buy a i7 7700k preoverclocked to 5 Ghz. But during the next 6 month Intel prices are bound to come down so it will be interesting.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

13 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

With the Xeons I burn 2x 130 watts, so there is no need for a low power CPU when it comes to cooling.

But for the price of the Ryzen 1800X I can also buy a i7 7700k preoverclocked to 5 Ghz. But during the next 6 month Intel prices are bound to come down so it will be interesting.

I am seriously regretting my low power xeon, i may grab another x99 board (assuming 6900ks come down in price)

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!